Southampton vs Spursy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A point away from home to our direct competitor for EL - can't be too unhappy with that. I thought we had a shocker of a start to the 2nd and were lucky to still be in it when Nacer scored. After 2-2 we were the better side (bar the very few last minutes) and could've nicked it. We need to get Eriksen and Kane involved in games like this if we want to win.

Dier almost had 2 assists. Didn't see that from him! His ball to Nacer was superb. Davies had a rough game and also got hurt, a shame. Would've loved all 3 pts as I really want to finish above Liverpool.

only watched the second half and I think Frederico was my MOTM

He was better first half, was him MOM and Nabil second

He just needs to tighten up on the marking on crosses, do what he does on the ground more, the subtle nudges, get tighter and he will be golden

Very happy with that. Game was up and down and I think a draw is fair although I thought Southampton were slightly better. Having said that we could have nicked it a few times. Dembele NEEDS to start.

Poor ref today IMO and it spoiled, potentially a good game. It must be disheartening when a player as Mane keeps taking a dive and the ref is oblivious to it? It frustrated the fcuk out of me.

Two teams on par with each other today and the result reflected just that. I wish we could lift our game without having to go behind.

Excellent result, well done Spurs:thumbup:

I've never seen such a blatant serial cheater in one game as Mane, that was a fucking disgrace, and if I'd have had a spare TV I think I would have kicked the fucking set in so mad I was.

Boy do I hate Soton, boy will I be delighted if we finish above them AGAIN :coys:

Also what was with all the slipping, shouldn't we have changed our footwear?

Excellent result, well done Spurs:thumbup:

I've never seen such a blatant serial cheater in one game as Mane, that was a fucking disgrace, and if I'd have had a spare TV I think I would have kicked the fucking set in so mad I was.

Boy do I hate Soton, boy will I be delighted if we finish above them AGAIN :coys:

Also what was with all the slipping, shouldn't we have changed our footwear?

Agree with all of that apart from, I don't hate soton perhaps as much as you, I doubt they'd be in my top 8.
But yes Mane was a disgrace and the slipping was so amateur.

Fuck off Poch.

Finally get balance and stability for 2 minutes with Bentaleb and Dembele, then he dismantles it and brings off our man of the match.

Knob
You probably didn't see it but, surprise, surprise, Bentaleb did himself in slipping. He pulled up and I thought he'd done is ankle, He got the ball soon after and was in a lot of pain passing it.
I think you'll find he was taken off because he was struggling and not for some tactical decision.
Anyone could see that Bentaleb actually imposed himself this game as much as possible, with little help fro Eriksen and Chadli.
Mason and Bentaleb did a good job considering.

Fair result. Nice that despite our defensive woes at the moment, they still couldn't beat us.
The deficits in our squad are rather obvious now, and it just feels like a crawl towards summer where it can actually get sorted out.

Would like some more love for Dier. The boy was an absolute steal at £4m, and has done us proud whether he's played at CB or RB. Seems a better crosser than Walker too.

It's a funny one, going into this match any dislike I had for Southampton was limited to their fans and the attitude they've had this season, and yet...

But the end of the game, I now know that they're diving, dirty shitcunts supported by a bunch of gormless fans who only sing when they're winning.
And it didn't even take the bitterness of a loss to bring me to that conclusion.

I'm glad they hate us.

Fair result. Nice that despite our defensive woes at the moment, they still couldn't beat us.
The deficits in our squad are rather obvious now, and it just feels like a crawl towards summer where it can actually get sorted out.

Would like some more love for Dier. The boy was an absolute steal at £4m, and has done us proud whether he's played at CB or RB. Seems a better crosser than Walker too.

It's a funny one, going into this match any dislike I had for Southampton was limited to their fans and the way the attitude they've had this season, and yet...

But the end of the game, I now know that they're diving, dirty shitcunts supported by a bunch of gormless fans who only sing when they're winning.
And it didn't even take the bitterness of a loss to bring me to that conclusion.

I'm glad they hate us.
Well said TLD, and yes well done Dier, I really like him as a player and think he was a great buy, so well done ENIC there :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom