Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - 3rd May, 16:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are far from the finished article. Some decent players but not necessarily a team. Eriksen: luxury player. His goals tend to come against lesser teams and so do his best displays.
Cannot go past a player, has no pace, no workrate and he's the best AM we have.
We need more goalscoring midfielders.
We need some diversity in CF's
We also need players who can pass and move.
So, many times I see our player with one player in front of him and acres of space behind that player and nobody making the angled run to get into it.
If anyone can remember Dier bombing up the right wing today and Kolorov in front of him and Dier had nobody to pass to, ran into Kolorov and lost the ball.
Where was one of either Chadli, Eriksen. Pamela, Mason or Bentaleb filling that space. What usually happens is Kane does it and is out of where we need him.
What happened to the quick one/two touch football?
However, when you only have 3 players in the whole team who can score, one needs the service and the other two are inconsistent then you're going to struggle in front of goal.\
We may have scored a lot of goals, but there should be much more.
We have so many chances yet yield so little.
It don't think our defence is necessarily that dire, it's just that individual errors and lack of organisation costs us.

Last edited:
.............................Lloris
Dier..............Fazio.........Jan..............Rose
..................Bentaeb.....Paulinho

...........................Lamela

Kane.....................Ade..................Soldado

New heights

:paulinhofacepalm:

I thought you were quitting?

Don't start bitching after that great effort.

.............................Lloris
Dier..............Fazio.........Jan..............Rose
..................Bentaeb.....Paulinho

...........................Lamela

Kane.....................Ade..................Soldado

New heights

:paulinhofacepalm:

He threw the kitchen sink at the end, what other forwards can you throw on, we are just in an awful position when it comes to forwards.

Pochettino is clueless, i dont rate the guy. I dont see any difference between what he is doing and what sherwood did, both relying on lloris and a striker kane/adebayor. There's no pattern to our play. Mason and Bentaleb are non existant in midfield and useless.

We've played well to be fair but making excuses about the gulf in class and money doesn't add up to the last 4 away games they've just lost including Palace and Burnley.
We always try and beat teams like City, Woolwich and United by playing better than them though, no way would we line up like Burnley or Palace ... 9 behind the ball hope to nick one on the break.

Well this was one of my easier predictions so no Larry faint but seems we played alright today - fair assessment?

I didn't see first half how did we stack up as a whole?
I think we played quite well today. We had a number of good chances, we just weren't clinical finishing. We outplayed them and definitely deserved something (maybe all three points to be honest). Rose, Bentaleb and Lamela all played well. I thought Paulinho was good when he came on. However, Hart (made a couple of outstanding saves and set up their goal) and Aguero (as you predicted) were the difference in the end.

Frustrating. But hey, we're Spurs.

Rose was our standout performer, as is too often the case.
Don't dream about competing with Man City with the current squad. One lifetime of development wouldn't be enough for us to compete with such teams. Quality has a price, and if we're not willing to buy it, then we should forget about CL, and settle for a couple of memorable wins every season

Pochettino is clueless, i dont rate the guy. I dont see any difference between what he is doing and what sherwood did, both relying on lloris and a striker kane/adebayor. There's no pattern to our play. Mason and Bentaleb are non existant in midfield and useless.
If they are non existent why did we not loose heavily? Oh yes I remember we had 2 deep midfielders in Mason & Bentaleb and they do definitely exist.

Back
Top Bottom