Stoke City vs Spurs 'Broken Pottery'

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its sad we have fallen apart like this, I am reserving judgement until this time next season when if we are in this position he has to go and we try someone else, if we are 6th but every match we looked impressive and showed genuine improvement throughout season then he stays

I am always a blame players kind of person in general but its very sad with a team so young and easier to manipulate than old stagers he cant keep them motivated, with that said old stagers would have seen seasons like this before maybe and would still put in a shift as not be as disheartened, who knows its just a sad end to season
It feels like you are trying to find the best in Poch. I know because I am doing the same. I feel your pain.
:adebaehug:

Am in Bangkok and was watching the game tonight with a random fellow Spurs fan who was a bit pissed off about things to say the least. Thought his veins were gonna pop. He consoled himself with a young Thai lady who lives to please, got in a taxi with her and went on his way, laughing his head off. So I think the moral of the story is to do that.

Until he gets to the room and finds out she's got a third leg...

£26m to Lamela
£26m to Soldado
£17m to Paulinho

£69m of the £82m Gareth Bale sale flushed down the drain

That's spurs problem (post 2012) in a nutshell. Toss in the comical 4231 inverted winger formation

Last edited:
What I don't get is how he can be so heavily criticised for his first season if we finish where we are now in 6th. Anything above that would be an over achievement with this current squad.

So you mean that taking more than 5pts from Palace H, Palace A, Stoke H, Stoke A, Burnley H, Burnley A would have been punching above our weight?

Stoke only had to turn up to beat this shambles, we are laughing at the Toon losing 7 on the trot but as the fans banner said, they didn't want a team to win but a team that tries !
I'll take being beaten when our players crawl off that pitch fucking knackered, but to see well paid professionals just going though the motions hurt so, and no amount of blood letting will paper over the cracks.
Pocochino needs time but sadly we live in a society that demands things now, but please today showed that his ability to get the team up for this is woeful!

We looked clueless. For Stoke, that is probably as good a result as they will get in ages. What are we going to do next week against a team that actually need a result?

...and with half and ex-Spurs XI in it... you know we don't 'do' ex-players coming back to haunt us very well!

Complete embarassment of a day.

Couldn't give a fuck if he got sacked tomorrow. The squad isn't top 4 material, but you should be able to produce ten times better than that. No exaggeration, we are serving up the worst football in the league.

As funny as it was, all the old boys kicking off in the concourse at half time was pathetic also.

So you mean that taking more than 5pts from Palace H, Palace A, Stoke H, Stoke A, Burnley H, Burnley A would have been punching above our weight?
Every team bare Chelsea can list those sorts of results every season. Utd just lost 3 on the bounce and look at the money they spent and the players they have.

That sort of comment is exactly why we sack so many managers. If it were as straight forward and easy as us beating everyone below us every week then no one would bother watching. Wed just tally up the points at the start of the season and divy out the medals.

We've had bad results this season (as with every season). Never said or implied that we hadn't.

As far as I'm concerned Poch has achieved his primary goals this season. He's assessed the squad. Clearly weeded out that bad eggs and those not willing to pull in the same direction. And he's managed to do that while maintaining an unexpected top 4 challenge which fell away several weeks ago but as I said it was uNexpected. And he reached a cup final.

Next season is when I will start looking at him more critically as that is a fair time to do so.

Fans that are moaning that we aren't going to get top 4 this season and that we've had bad performances clearly don't remember what the last couple of years have been like and for the most part (bar last season) have been with better players.

And for the last time I have no problem with criticising the manager when is genuinely warranted but after every single loss there are the same people banging the same drum and only giving a very one sided and overlay weighted opinion.

You give no benefit of the doubt. If Poch had been playing Chiriches week in week out then your gripes would be more in place. The fact that he clearly hasn't had him near the squad for the majority of the season suggests he's not deemed him worth a play. So if he brings him in when we've clearly got injury problems at the back it's obvious he's A) seen something in training, a change of attitude perhaps or B) he's simply had to make a call.

The problem is the minute u comment I wouldn't even need to read it to know that the underlying theme would be Poch Out. No reasoned argument or attempt to see it from any other view point.

Every team bare Chelsea can list those sorts of results every season. Utd just lost 3 on the bounce and look at the money they spent and the players they have.

That sort of comment is exactly why we sack so many managers. If it were as straight forward and easy as us beating everyone below us every week then no one would bother watching. Wed just tally up the points at the start of the season and divy out the medals.

We've had bad results this season (as with every season). Never said or implied that we hadn't.

As far as I'm concerned Poch has achieved his primary goals this season. He's assessed the squad. Clearly weeded out that bad eggs and those not willing to pull in the same direction. And he's managed to do that while maintaining an unexpected top 4 challenge which fell away several weeks ago but as I said it was uNexpected. And he reached a cup final.

Next season is when I will start looking at him more critically as that is a fair time to do so.

Fans that are moaning that we aren't going to get top 4 this season and that we've had bad performances clearly don't remember what the last couple of years have been like and for the most part (bar last season) have been with better players.

And for the last time I have no problem with criticising the manager when is genuinely warranted but after every single loss there are the same people banging the same drum and only giving a very one sided and overlay weighted opinion.

You give no benefit of the doubt. If Poch had been playing Chiriches week in week out then your gripes would be more in place. The fact that he clearly hasn't had him near the squad for the majority of the season suggests he's not deemed him worth a play. So if he brings him in when we've clearly got injury problems at the back it's obvious he's A) seen something in training, a change of attitude perhaps or B) he's simply had to make a call.

The problem is the minute u comment I wouldn't even need to read it to know that the underlying theme would be Poch Out. No reasoned argument or attempt to see it from any other view point.

Why will you only start being critical of him next season? I'm expecting the apologists to write off next season as it will be his signings first season and they'll need a year to bed it, blah blah blah.

People arent moaning (as you put it) that we arent top 4 they are moaning because we are playing absolutely shite and our manager is showing that he is tactically inept as both a tactician and a motivator, which doesnt really lend itself to being a football manager.

Give the money to the new man, otherwise we'll be stuck with the Bootleg Beatles this time.

Why will you only start being critical of him next season? I'm expecting the apologists to write off next season as it will be his signings first season and they'll need a year to bed it, blah blah blah.

Exactly...funny how they are happy to judge Fazio and Stambouli in the same time frame though

Well done, great post - you've just owned those miserable moaning cunts! :)

If you don't want to win every game we play, I'm a better supporter than you are.

I usually respect other people's ways of supporting this club, but not being bothered about losing is beyond the pale.

Talk about being melodramatic. It's quite apparent they've all packed up for the year and they're all knackered after a long season. I don't feel these performances are indicative of what the team is capable of, hence I'm not getting pissy about it. Put me wherever you want on your supporter hierarchy

:vertna:

Back
Top Bottom