Stoke City vs Spurs 'Broken Pottery'

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talk about being melodramatic. It's quite apparent they've all packed up for the year and they're all knackered after a long season. I don't feel these performances are indicative of what the team is capable of, hence I'm not getting pissy about it. Put me wherever you want on your supporter hierarchy

:vertna:

You dont get pissy about your view that the team and manager are deliberately losing games because they cant be fucked?

But you take issue when people get pissy about us playing shit?

How truely fucked up.

Why will you only start being critical of him next season? I'm expecting the apologists to write off next season as it will be his signings first season and they'll need a year to bed it, blah blah blah.

People arent moaning (as you put it) that we arent top 4 they are moaning because we are playing absolutely shite and our manager is showing that he is tactically inept as both a tactician and a motivator, which doesnt really lend itself to being a football manager.

Give the money to the new man, otherwise we'll be stuck with the Bootleg Beatles this time.
So ur plan is sack, rinse, repeat. If only the board were wise enough to take that view.....ah wait a minute....

So you mean that taking more than 5pts from Palace H, Palace A, Stoke H, Stoke A, Burnley H, Burnley A would have been punching above our weight?
If we'd won all those games we'd practically be top. That's a ludicruous expectation. The best we can expect is around 60-70 points. For that level, we are going to lose games. If we lose to teams below us, we're shit and underachieving. If we're not beating the best teams in the league, we're not progressing. Maybe we should beat everyone every week?

We're in one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world. There is no shame in losing to teams like Palace or Stoke. I recall Stoke beat City at the Etihad this season. It happens. Every season. All the time.

That one is all on Levy and Baldini - they allowed us to get raped for the Bale money.
Once again I will say it. I saw NOBODY moaning when we signed those players. Why? Soldado was prolific in La Liga. Lamela was prolific in Serie A. Paulinho looked excellent for Brazil. You'd be hard pushed to find someone who predicted they would all flop. Or any of them for that matter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let's not all pretend that we knew they were shit signings. Everyone is a scout these days once a player fails to impress. "I knew he wouldn't suit this league" - "He's too lightweight for this league". Fuck me we were writing off Modric after year one.

Can we all stop acting like we actually knew what was going to happen, saying we pissed the Bale money away, and move on? It was almost 24 months ago now. We've had 3 transfer windows since we sold him and spent the cash.

It really has very little to do with Pochettino. He's signed some of his own players which he doesn't use. Capoue. Stambouli. Use them as examples of his failings.

So ur plan is sack, rinse, repeat. If only the board were wise enough to take that view.....ah wait a minute....
What is the plan then? Just leave everything as is, cross your fingers and hope everything works out ok? Do we trust a manager with money for new players when he can't tease out more than half a dozen good performances from a squad of international players in a season? Do we keep playing players who quite obviously give no fucks? Do we continue to ostracise our captain and vice captain?

I've no fucking clue what we should do and I'm not paid to come up with a solution. I'd love to hear from someone at the club who is. Levy or Poch need to give us some answers and quickly. Confidence in our hierarchy is draining from me by the day.

If we'd won all those games we'd practically be top. That's a ludicruous expectation. The best we can expect is around 60-70 points. For that level, we are going to lose games. If we lose to teams below us, we're shit and underachieving. If we're not beating the best teams in the league, we're not progressing. Maybe we should beat everyone every week?

We're in one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world. There is no shame in losing to teams like Palace or Stoke. I recall Stoke beat City at the Etihad this season. It happens. Every season. All the time.

Once again I will say it. I saw NOBODY moaning when we signed those players. Why? Soldado was prolific in La Liga. Lamela was prolific in Serie A. Paulinho looked excellent for Brazil. You'd be hard pushed to find someone who predicted they would all flop. Or any of them for that matter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let's not all pretend that we knew they were shit signings. Everyone is a scout these days once a player fails to impress. "I knew he wouldn't suit this league" - "He's too lightweight for this league". Fuck me we were writing off Modric after year one.

Can we all stop acting like we actually knew what was going to happen, saying we pissed the Bale money away, and move on? It was almost 24 months ago now. We've had 3 transfer windows since we sold him and spent the cash.

It really has very little to do with Pochettino. He's signed some of his own players which he doesn't use. Capoue. Stambouli. Use them as examples of his failings.
I was delighted with those signings and I don't think they are bad players. I think they're very good. So why aren't the playing well?

What is the plan then? Just leave everything as is, cross your fingers and hope everything works out ok? Do we trust a manager with money for new players when he can't tease out more than half a dozen good performances from a squad of international players in a season? Do we keep playing players who quite obviously give no fucks? Do we continue to ostracise our captain and vice captain?

I've no fucking clue what we should do and I'm not paid to come up with a solution. I'd love to hear from someone at the club who is. Levy or Poch need to give us some answers and quickly. Confidence in our hierarchy is draining from me by the day.
We stick with Poch who has done a good job this season despite the hissy fitting at the resent results and let him create a squad to play the football he produced at soton and has produced in glimpses this season when things have clicked.

The signs are there if you chose to take note of the positives and see what he is capable of producing with a squad of HIS type of players.

I'm done with this thread now. I've made my points quite clearly and given a reasoned argument. Anything more I say will just be repeating myself and quite honestly if you can't see where I'm coming from there's nothing more I can say to change that.

Oh, I didn't say I knew they'd fail - just that I knew they were overpriced. That they'd all fail is a mystery.

Paulinho suprises me the most. Whereas you can say Lamela Ade - e.g. - have had some serious demons to fight in their personal lives, Paulinho was a right box-to-box midfielder and very tenacious too before joining us. Whatever the price of the fee, he's just collapsed completely as a footballer.

Capoue was signed under AVB

Last edited:
We stick with Poch who has done a good job this season despite the hissy fitting at the resent results and let him create a squad to play the football he produced at soton and has produced in glimpses this season when things have clicked.

The signs are there if you chose to take note of the positives and see what he is capable of producing with a squad of HIS type of players.

I'm done with this thread now. I've made my points quite clearly and given a reasoned argument. Anything more I say will just be repeating myself and quite honestly if you can't see where I'm coming from there's nothing more I can say to change that.
So, we accentuate the positives. And ignore the negatives. Sounds plausible. That'll work. Thanks for your participation in this thread. Sorry you won't read that now you've gone. Effective debating method you've got there. Shout "I'm right", then run like fuck.

Great post mate. Capoue was part of the magnificent seven I think so he can be judged on Stambouli and Fazio (both alternatives to his initial targets at that).

So, we accentuate the positives. And ignore the negatives. Sounds plausible. That'll work. Thanks for your participation in this thread. Sorry you won't read that now you've gone. Effective debating method you've got there. Shout "I'm right", then run like fuck.
I've been debating this for 2 days now mate. Hardly a shout and run.

I've not accentuated anything. And I've not ignored anything either. Read my posts. You'll find there's plenty in this thread to address any questions you might have about my opinion. I'm not repeating myself any further is all I'm saying.

Has Poch actually ever said he wanted those players?

These were the players we actively pursued, unsuccesfully.

Of which we instead in 11th hour signed a defenders, who is not in MP's starting line-up at all and a midfielder who is barely in match day squads.

BTW not saying to defend MP particulary - just to slate Levy. That's all

Expected more sense from you.

Back
Top Bottom