The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v Hull Kingston Rovers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you really mean this?

For me:
Play well, win; followed by
Play shit, win; followed by
Play well, lose; followed by
Play shit, lose.

N.B. I am not saying that I wish we would win all our games 1-0 AVB-style. Just to preempt that response. I am not saying that. I promise.

:avblol:

As it stands right now, Id take more optimism for next season if Poch showed he could change his starting line up and the players gave an improved performance, with more energy and direction and heart, and looked like they would die to win every ball. But we lost to an unlucky sucker punch.

Rather than get battered by Hull for 55 minutes until we hit them with a lucky sucker punch, play well for 15 minutes and get another, then walk around until the final whistle when Hull are mentally relegated in their own heads.

Yes, I mean it. There was nothing today that showed improvement. We were absolutely shit at the back, Eriksen was garbage, Kane was shattered and isolated, and our CM did not protect the back line and we were carved open at will.

The goals were well worked. Thats all I have to say about the match in a good way.

Kane, Chadli and Eriksen all in double figures for goals in the Premier League.

Only 1 other club has 3 – Man City ... but that includes Bony as a City player, and pretty much all his goals came at Swansea.

Hope that 'lap of honour' news RE Adebayor, Kaboul and Capoue mean they are going to be gone as of the summer. Really do hope this fire sale happens and that the money is used wisely to reinvest in players with Premier League experience and who can fit straight into our starting XI, the past few years of signing 'rough diamonds' who turn out to be flops has surely taught us something

Hope that 'lap of honour' news RE Adebayor, Kaboul and Capoue mean they are going to be gone as of the summer. Really do hope this fire sale happens and that the money is used wisely to reinvest in players with Premier League experience and who can fit straight into our starting XI, the past few years of signing 'rough diamonds' who turn out to be flops has surely taught us something

Lessons learned, taught me something, this is levy we are talking about.

:levylol:

... Rather than get battered by Hull for 55 minutes until we hit them with a lucky sucker punch, play well for 15 minutes and get another, then walk around until the final whistle when Hull are mentally relegated in their own heads.

Yes, I mean it. There was nothing today that showed improvement. We were absolutely shit at the back, Eriksen was garbage, Kane was shattered and isolated, and our CM did not protect the back line and we were carved open at will.

The goals were well worked. Thats all I have to say about the match in a good way.

I get your overall point about wanting to see more class and fight from the squad.
Were we really battered though?
They had some chances, never took them.

And what about our first goal made it either "lucky" or a "sucker punch"?
Genuinely interested in that analysis.

And, certainly, you must agree that a clean sheet is improvement of some sort?
Our defense is shit, we agree.
So if we manage to keep a clean sheet somehow, that's improvement, no?

Or, it's not because it's only Hull?

Its a real fall from grace when your club captain does not front up to last match of season for lap of honor.

What an embarrassment, you don't need to like the manager your playing for to just do an end of season clap. The fans pay your massive wages and you can't be asked to take part in the end of season fairwell.

Fuck off ade, capoue and Kaboul just get the fuck away from our team.

Great result , everything gelling nicely for next season .
Porky's masterplan gathering pace with full support
from Danny "pick a pocket " Levy .
Chadli and Lamela will blast us into the top 4 with their bewildment of talents .
A few quality signings ( sensible buys because we don't want to do a Leeds ) and bobs your
uncle . No more transition , the revolution will be televised .
COYS

Back
Top Bottom