Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget Schneiderlin

‘I think my decision is made,’ he said. ’I learned a lot last season. The goal is to stay in England. It is a championship that I like and where I have a lot of fun. If I leave Southampton, it is for a club that plays better than the Europa League.

Forget Schneiderlin

‘I think my decision is made,’ he said. ’I learned a lot last season. The goal is to stay in England. It is a championship that I like and where I have a lot of fun. If I leave Southampton, it is for a club that plays better than the Europa League.
Didnt want him anyway-cunt:dawsonmean:

He went to a team in the Champions League and was shown up for being a man suited to one team, yet looked particularly average in another.

Just like Fazio. Top defender in a conventional defence, bang average in a high line.

My world football knowledge has regressed a little in the last couple of years so I'd be intrigued to know which other teams employ the same high pressing game that AVB, Poch and Guardiola use?

Dortmund, Ajax, Marseille?

Seems like the only really reliable way to buy defenders to fit our system is to poach them from clubs where we can see them already working well in the same set-up.

Just like Fazio. Top defender in a conventional defence, bang average in a high line.

My world football knowledge has regressed a little in the last couple of years so I'd be intrigued to know which other teams employ the same high pressing game that AVB, Poch and Guardiola use? Seems like the only really reliable way to buy defenders to fit our system is to poach them from clubs where we can see them already working well in the same set-up.

Dortmund and Ajax? Marseille?

Fazio moved to a new country with a different style of football to the one he's used to going up against and didn't even cost half of what Lovren did.

My world football knowledge has regressed a little in the last couple of years so I'd be intrigued to know which other teams employ the same high pressing game that AVB, Poch and Guardiola use? Seems like the only really reliable way to buy defenders to fit our system is to poach them from clubs where we can see them already working well in the same set-up.

Dortmund and Ajax? Marseille?
Leverkusen are the nuttiest of the group. Barcelona still, Roma at random moments.

Forget Schneiderlin

wow he really thinks he's that good eh?

I think our defence will be alot better if we adopt a Mourinho/Simone/Jardim style of game. Monaco doesn't have the best gk and slow defenders like Carvalho and Raggi yet they have the best defence in the league.

My world football knowledge has regressed a little in the last couple of years so I'd be intrigued to know which other teams employ the same high pressing game that AVB, Poch and Guardiola use?

Dortmund, Ajax, Marseille?

Seems like the only really reliable way to buy defenders to fit our system is to poach them from clubs where we can see them already working well in the same set-up.

:vertna:

I think our defence will be alot better if we adopt a Mourinho/Simone/Jardim style of game. Monaco doesn't have the best gk and slow defenders like Carvalho and Raggi yet they have the best defence in the league.
Yes, but we're Tottenham. We don't play that way. Regardless of anything else, even Levy doesn't like defensive football.

Absolutely. And don't forget the other youngsters breaking through. We really should push on now. It's rare to get a group of the youth team all breaking through at once. Balance it out with some experienced heads (eg Milner, MS) & I think it's happy clappy time.

I don't know why, but for half a second I read your name as Greaves357_bestever and I really lost it. Then I realized it was just you, and the days of greaves turning a new leaf and deciding to be positive were all a lie.

also, the idea of greaves saying 'happy clappy time'...
lol

I honestly have no idea where to post this but behind Chelsea we lead the Premier League the longest.

Just a bit more consistency next season please

Back
Top Bottom