Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes he was one of the best. I remember a brilliant goal he scored against Luton, it was the time that they banned away supporters, but a very large number of Spurs supporters still managed to get in. He got the ball in our half and just went through their team like a knife through butter. But he was and still is an enigma, I just hope he can control his demons.

I still remember watching his free kick in 91 and then running out into my garden to try and copy it. I also blurted out to him that he's my favourite ever player and I've seen that free kick so many times when I met him. I suddenly turned into a schoolgirl!

Great goal against Luton and I hope he managed to avoid the attempted BJ from Chris Waddle during the celebrations!

:memelol:

I still remember watching his free kick in 91 and then running out into my garden to try and copy it. I also blurted out to him that he's my favourite ever player and I've seen that free kick so many times when I met him. I suddenly turned into a schoolgirl!

I still remember watching his free kick in 91 and then falling/being propelled down several rows of seating at Wembley (blatant I was there!!) ...the thing that stood out for me was that split second of stunned silence in the Spurs end to allow us to fully absorb what he'd just done... FOLLOWED BY ABSOLUTE BEDLAM for about 5 minutes...
and just as it died down a little, The Boy Line-Acre had put us 2-0 up...
Cue more bedlam that even took into account them scoring before HT... didn't seem to matter at the time, the one and only Spurs match where I just felt we'd win!!

Last edited:
I still remember watching his free kick in 91 and then falling/being propelled down several rows of seating at Wembley (blatant I was there!!) ...the thing that stood out for me was that split second of stunned silence in the Spurs end to allow us to fully absorb what he'd just done... FOLLOWED BY ABSOLUTE BEDLAM for about 5 minutes...
and just as it died down a little, The Boy Line-Acre had put us 2-0 up...
Cue more bedlam that even took into account them scoring before HT... didn't seem to matter at the time, the one and only Spurs match where I just felt we'd win!!
I'm not sure anything will beat that experience for me. I was 12 - a small 12 at that - and in the terracing where they'd put token bits of plastic as seats. How nobody got seriously injured amongst that chaos I don't know. It was amazing to be part of that bedlam of celebration, despite being trampled to pieces and not really seeing too much of what was going on. Wonderful day, amazing player, true Tottenham football all-round with glory echoing all around the old Wembley stadium...

"I don’t understand Spurs fan’s fuss over Wilshere’s comments. He Loves Woolwich, so is bound to hate Spurs. Spurs fans should be more worried about being embarrassed by Woolwich every season As for Jack having a few beers, good luck to hi! It never did me any harm during my career. I was actually drunk when I signed for Spurs!"

Cunt.
Cant believe you just called Gazza a cunt on a spurs forum and got one disagree. Disgrace

Gazza is a legend. I couldn't care less about what he says about Jack Wilshere. Who the fuck is Jack Wilshere? I've never heard of the guy. I have heard of Gazza, he is a Tottenham legend. No debate to be had.

Back
Top Bottom