Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strange how if Son is a striker option, nobody is suggesting he plays up to with Kane in behind? There have often been comments that Kane would be a great number 10 yet nobody fancies trying it behind our new striker then? It's only Sunderland, bottom of the league and all that. When else do we put our new striker up front, Thursday?

Joking (sort of) aside, it'll be interesting to see if Son does start and also interesting to see who we play up front and in CM on Thursday.

I'd throw Pritchard in for this one.
Play Mason & Dier with Son, Pritch & Chadli in the 3.
If ever there's gonna be a good opportunity to give him his first prem start its up there.

Strange how if Son is a striker option, nobody is suggesting he plays up to with Kane in behind? There have often been comments that Kane would be a great number 10 yet nobody fancies trying it behind our new striker then?

Don't fix what isn't broken.

You don't move a 30 goal a year striker around. You keep him there because he's doing his job. Son can play in the 10 role if required, not the other way around.

With Eriksen , Dembele out we still have a lot of options.
We know poch is conservative about bringing players into the starting list so it really depends upon how the newbies have trained and his trust.

Back 5 are locked in, then Dier who signed a new contact will start full of confidence. Kane and Chadli will start, so that leaves 3 spots remaining.

Players in the mix to start based on players already played this yr are - Mason, Bentaleb, Lamela and Son. Pritchard, Townie, Carroll, N'Jie all not exposed to enough playing minutes this yr.

For me Chadli, Lamela and Son would be awesome for Kane and for a game we would be expected to hold a lot of ball. But Lamela has not played enough so I would go for Mason behind Kane, they know each other, poch would TRUST Mason more than Lamela to be more discplined tracking back to rescue situations. That means Bentaleb starts alongside/front of Dier and finally given the proven goalscoring capabilities of Son he has to start.

That is a strong side that has and should win.
COYS

Thank fuck the footie's back. Excited for this one. But then I think I'd be excited for the away leg in the 3rd round qualifying round for the JP trophy after we'd lost the home leg 5-0. Will be great to see Son. Hope Alli starts. And I get the feeling we're going to see more and more of Pritch - 30 mins at least please. 1-4. COYS.

Im used to it from the Mrs (x english teacher)?

Erikson could be sen-I read the comments on this?
Hold on, I thought you was Mrs? :dembele:

Mr...S :adewtf:

Thank fuck the footie's back. Excited for this one. But then I think I'd be excited for the away leg in the 3rd round qualifying round for the JP trophy after we'd lost the home leg 5-0. Will be great to see Son. Hope Alli starts. And I get the feeling we're going to see more and more of Pritch - 30 mins at least please. 1-4. COYS.
Indeed mate. Also hoping to see Son & Alli start, and Pritch get some game time if possible.

Really need to win this one - can't imagine the morale in the dressing room if we lose to Sunderland.

Strange how if Son is a striker option, nobody is suggesting he plays up to with Kane in behind? There have often been comments that Kane would be a great number 10 yet nobody fancies trying it behind our new striker then? It's only Sunderland, bottom of the league and all that. When else do we put our new striker up front, Thursday?

Joking (sort of) aside, it'll be interesting to see if Son does start and also interesting to see who we play up front and in CM on Thursday.
Kane is a striker. He might be useful as a number 10, but not as useful as he is up top. His scoring record last season proved that. I don't think it need be debated any longer that Kane should be playing behind someone.

Back
Top Bottom