Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It`s amazing how a Spurs win can change one`s mood. Regardless of how it comes about. I`m going to run a nice hot bath, relax with a couple of cold beers in front of the telly, have sex with my wife, and fall into a goods night sleep.
I haven`t felt this way for 4 months.I feel so happy
:dierpochhug:

Any chance of a link?

:angryscouser:

Fussy cunts. An away win and moaning going on. We played great last time and got a point, we scrapped it out today and got a win. Great to build on - look at some of the teams struggling at this stage of the season.
I've seen plenty of these shitty wins over the years from us and from much better sides - fergie's Utd were renowned for it.
3 points cunts for fucks sake

Oh Dear....

How much did that Shirt cost you Sammy??

COyP0k2WwAAefSq.jpg

Love to see Mason doing what apparently no other Spurs midfielder can do and make direct runs into the box . Really epitomises his play that he put his body on the line to score the crucial goal and got taken off aferwards. A true warrior in times when we have had a soft core for quite some time.

A win
Away win
Clean sheet
Never looked in trouble
Created a few chances
Dier
Mason
Lamela

I get that people want perfection, flair, spectacular goals. We were away to Sunderland, we had no no wins this season, they are already fighting against relegation - it's a hard fought win.
Never in trouble? I'm not trying to be a negatron or anything but Defoe's movement caused our center backs trouble all afternoon!

Where are the "average again" words coming from? From what I recall, we were only average away at Leicester (who are still unbeaten and are second in the league right now) and today (which was of course disappointing, despite the win)

We were the better of the two teams against Man Utd, we looked great against Stoke and we tore Everton apart two weeks back. We have been increasingly unlucky so far this season and could quite easily be sitting on 12 points as opposed to the 6 we are on at the moment.

I'm aware we could and should be doing a lot better but I think we're above average. We have a very young team still finding their way with key injuries amongst the team. We were without our best back four today (Rose), arguably our most creative player (Eriksen) and someone who's been pretty good in every game he's played this season (Dembele).

We are unbeaten in four (though realistically we should have had 4 wins as opposed to 3 draws and 1 win), we have kept two cleansheets on the bounce, Eric Dier is proving to be a talented defensive midfielder and we have Woolwich coming up next week. Come on you fucking Spurs.

One of the best team goals of 1/2 touch football I have seen from a Spurs team in ages.
If that one piece of sublime football was not good enough for some, then those some are cunts.

Last edited:
The game changed when Townsend came on.. He passed at every opportunity so it seems he's listened to his critics and seems to be learning lessons.. He got in some good positions where in the past he would have leathered it into the stands, but yesterday he looked to lay it off..
If he keeps that mentality up he will be a big plus for us..

I can't get with Sammy's constant need to argue / debate (it's a fine line) with people, but I absolutely understand his general frustration with the complete inability of some to see what's right in front of their face.

If he's genuinely arguing with some of these people, then he needs to get out more and realise that a huge amount of the UK population are 'thinking challenged' - and short of some serious eugenics that isn't about to change in his lifetime.
If you had an ugly daughter and the same guy told you every day, 50 times a day, that you had an ugly daughter -I think in the end the least you would do, would be to tell him to fuck off, despite the knowledge that your daughter wasn't the most attractive kid.
People grinding out the same message day after day, and calling out supporters who will support the team and insist on seeing the good, amongst the bad, and deriding them for that attitude are hardly likely to get a cult following, are they?

Back
Top Bottom