Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shit debut in a shit game. Only a one-off so far and hopefully he'll be fine. If not we're in trouble as he's our second striker apparently.

(Please excuse my poor english)
In national team, Son have been criticized about his consistency. he is not best player in our national team. Best player is Ki sung-yueng (Swansea) and Lee chung-yong (Crystal Palace). They are consisteny player. SON have to be more consistent player.

And..
To the Korean in this forum

IMO. Don't try to explain SON's ability any more. Of course I think SON is good quality player. I know SON's fan want to introduce his ability. Because many spurs fan didn't know SON before he come in. But now, they can see him every week. Just leave his reputation to england spurs fan

Oh well that's just great!

BTW, anyone got footage of that 'corner'? Worst corner ever to be taken in the history of football apparently... can't be that bad......

can it...?

Oh well that's just great!

BTW, anyone got footage of that 'corner'? Worst corner ever to be taken in the history of football apparently... can't be that bad......

can it...?
Did it actually cross the line? Never saw a replay. Son thought not, but that's to be expected when you're trying to save face..

That alone doesn't mean much, if his positioning isn't great or he receives the ball too deep. If a defender has a 20-30 yard advantage it doesn't matter how fast you are, you're not going to get past them.

Again, I'm not saying he's shit, I'm not saying he's a flop. I'm saying he's not as quick as some state. "Blistering pace"? Townsend, Walker, Rose, Njie are all a lot quicker. Again, I concede he's good with the ball at his feet, but people are massively exaggerating his pace, instead of focusing on the other positives he brings.

His positives are his dribbling, his finishing, his agility, his ability to use both feet. Pace has never been his core asset.

Personally I'd associate him with acceleration as opposed to out and out pace anyway. Which in the final third, tied with good positioning, agility and dribbling is deadly. But my point stands, even without blistering pace, most defenders tend to be slower than he is, as well with most central and defensive midfield roles. I'd put him at the top end of mid pace personally.

Poor debut I thought. Touch of a fuckin rapist.

Expecting much more, he's a quality player.

IMO, great to see Lamela come on and get an assist. Competition for places is always a healthy thing, might get the best out of both of them. And Townsend.

I think he had some decent touches and good vision but he was playing too deep when sunderland were concentrating 5-6 men around that area so he was ineffective. He should play more forward closer to Kane and allow us to spread defences a bit because what we saw from Sunderland is going to be a routine - teams will play with a dense CM+CB to halt our passing game and unless we spread them out it will be very difficult to have players like Son or Kane effective

Ok admitt I have overestimated things by about 15 percent here and there. If I cant come out talk shit a bit here I dont know where I could lol. By the way did someone say Sons not the best Korean player but Ki or Lee is? Sons 23 they are like 26 going into yhere primes. Age adjusted Sons better player. Dont get me wrong I love Ki and Lee which are solid footballers.

In national team, Son have been criticized about his consistency. he is not best player in our national team. Best player is Ki sung-yueng (Swansea) and Lee chung-yong (Crystal Palace). They are consisteny player. SON have to be more consistent player.

And..

IMO. Don't try to explain SON's ability any more. Of course I think SON is good quality player. I know SON's fan want to introduce his ability. Because many spurs fan didn't know SON before he come in. But now, they can see him every week. Just leave his reputation to england spurs fan

:freundgoal:

And..

I agree with you on KSY, but not on LCY. I personally believe LJS is catching up with LCY. I hope LCY gets his old form back. He used to be really good in Bolton before his injury...

I agree with you on KSY, but not on LCY. I personally believe LJS is catching up with LCY. I hope LCY gets his old form back. He used to be really good in Bolton before his injury...

Did you come here from BigSoccer Korea? I don't think many people are familiar with the acronyms we use..especially for someone like Lee Jae Sung, who even a lot of Korean fans don't know well yet.

As for ROKSpurs I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the whole 'stop introducing Son' thing.

Here's his ball touch video. It shows the good, the bad and the ugly. I see some good vision in trying to set up teammates and initiate 1-2's, and also losing the ball a bit too easily in other cases. He looked very nervy and timid so I'm glad that his debut is out of the way. Like I said we might have gotten on the hype train a bit these past several weeks since he signed, but I'm glad most of you are taking the long-term, level-headed approach. He'll show his quality soon enough.

Last edited:
looks lightweight to me & not best suited to this league.
but thats only going off 1 game so obviously needs 2 full seasons before we judge properly.
would have prefered another striker or pacey winger but hopefully son will be a star!
im just making an unfair, gut instinct, early judgement call

CPAtRKKWIAEuDq-.png

Rush Hour 4

Did you come here from BigSoccer Korea? I don't think many people are familiar with the acronyms we use..especially for someone like Lee Jae Sung, who even a lot of Korean fans don't know well yet.

As for ROKSpurs I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the whole 'stop introducing Son' thing.

Here's his ball touch video. It shows the good, the bad and the ugly. I see some good vision in trying to set up teammates and initiate 1-2's, and also losing the ball a bit too easily in other cases. He looked very nervy and timid so I'm glad that his debut is out of the way. Like I said we might have gotten on the hype train a bit these past several weeks since he signed, but I'm glad most of you are taking the long-term, level-headed approach. He'll show his quality soon enough.

Yeah I am from BSK :D

Back
Top Bottom