Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good win against a good side.

Steady improvement this season!

Good effort all round and I include Kane and Chadli who were poor but put a shift in.
Good pass from Chadli to Alli forcing their keeper into a good save.

Yes Lamela had a few bad moments but his good ones far outshone them and he generally played well.

Son has been a revelation and N'jie is showing promise but Dier has been immense for us!

Hugo best keeper in the PL.

Much more optimistic than I was a few games ago!

Now let's stuff Woolwich and Citeh!

12046704_1751623808433102_4349433495929100584_n.jpg

a new era lads

just finished watching it.
THought it was a really enjoyable game.

You can see this side is still a little raw but there was a lot of positive play and we actually have a defence that fnially looks like a relatively cohesive unit.
Still don't expect huge things this season from a young side, but I think we now have a really good, lean squad with plenty of cover (apart from striker) that only needs one or two qaulity additions to be very dangerous indeed.

oh and alli is incredible for his age. I think bentaleb will find it very difficult to get back into the side. Possibly mason too.

Finally the goal was great and shows the benefit of having a guy up there with two strong shooting feet. keeper had no idea what to expect.

Forgot to mention how ineffective Chadli was. All he seemed to do was run into the nearest opposing defender which either slowed the attack or lost us possession.
Completely fed up with this guy, should be dropped for city and Eriksen, Son and Lamela played. He's been a nailed on starter for so long he doesn't seem to give a flying fuck how good his performance is.

It'a pretty much an indication as to how far we've fallen that a home win against Palace is celebrated in such an ott fashion on this forum. Had they enjoyed a modicum of good fortune the two shots off the woodwork would have seen a very different mood on the page. Sign of the times I guess. Mid table obscurity here we come.

It'a pretty much an indication as to how far we've fallen that a home win against Palace is celebrated in such an ott fashion on this forum. Had they enjoyed a modicum of good fortune the two shots off the woodwork would have seen a very different mood on the page. Sign of the times I guess. Mid table obscurity here we come.
:dembelefingers:

giphy.gif

It's clear the whole league has changed... Palace are a good away side and can beat anyone on their day. They beat Chelsea last time ffs! We also could've had far more points on the board by now but have been punished for individual errors when the whole team was playing better and deserved more.

If you can't feel good when we finally catch a break then what is the point?

Wise up man they are the most dangerous away team over the last 10 games in the division and beat Chelsea at the bridge two weeks ago! Also our record against them is shite.

Another thing I'm delighted 'Merse" has predicted them for fifth and us 7th or 8th and he said they'd beat us handily today-turbocunt.

It's not that long ago since Assou-Ekotto getting injured was Doomsday. :baletroll:

Every injury, suspension, and drop in form is an opportunity for someone else to excel.

Not when that injury comes to our only striker or only DM.

We´ve now played two very good games this season, for the whole game. Kane is out of sorts, but his contribution is still good.....are people really adopting the mentality that we dont need him that badly? Really....is this whats happening now?

And Id really like to see us perform to the levels we did yesterday and v Everton without Dier.

Spurs fans. Forever deluded.

Last edited:
Not when that injury comes to our only striker or only DM.

We´ve now played two very good games this season, for the whole game. Kane is out of sorts, but his contribution is still good.....are people really adopting the mentality that we dont need him that badly? Really....is this whats happening now?

And Id really like to see us perform to the levels we did yesterday and v Everton without Dier.

Spurs fans. Forever deluded.
What was our midfield pivot last season in which we had a relatively good season? You like to see the negative and be a fearmonger, and that's fine. Dier has been great in this position so far this season. That is not to say that if he is injured all is lost. We have options in that position.
May as well say, I'd like to see us perform as well without Lloris there. Obviously our backups are not to the same level as our main players, that does not mean that we do not have options.

Decent win yesterday no more no less , Eric Dier is fast becoming my favourite Spurs player and was fantastic to see Eriksen back , will be interesting to see the starting line up when everyone is fit/ acclimatised to the PL

COYS

The chadli bashing is hilarious to me. When Lennon spent entire games running to the byline he was "positive" and being a "proper winger". When chadli does it he "slows attacks" and "losses possession". Not that I thought chadli played well I just think it's funny.
Lennon actually tried to do something, Chadli just stands there rolling the ball for then to make a 5 yard backways or sideways pass

Wow. We win, and some fat cunt think's that celebrating that win is wrong. Fuck off bloggy you miserable bitch.

Back
Top Bottom