Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the way that Palace have been playing I expect we'll see a good deal of back and fourth. Highly doubt we'll be able to hold on to a clean sheet. It's an early kickoff and everyone should be sure to tie one on early so you can get all that rot gut out of your systems and be right as rain for work the in AM! COYS

A club with a huge core of old school passionate great fans . Anti the soulless sky globalisation of the game .
For a smaller medium size club they have been a revelation .
They have a great chairman who invests the tv money in the first 11 .
After the Mickey mouse game on Thursday it will be nice to see some competive
football back .

Really worried about this especially with Dier taking a knock on Thursday, but haven't heard how serious that is yet. If he's out who will fill in at DM?

Palace have the ability to shock us and there's the Europa hang over that we will inevitably get for this all too familiar 1:30 Sunday after Thursday playing in Europa routine. Gonna pray we can outscore them and will go for a 4:3 win out of loyalty. Their fans will almost certainly out-sing us whatever happens.

So no Dembele, Eriksen, Mason and Benteleb it seems...

----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweirld----Vertonghen-----------Rose
-------------------------------Dier----Alli-----------------------------
----------Lamela-----------------Son--------------------Chadli---
--------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Palace are gonna rip us a new arsehole...their pace and quick passing will destroy us...1-3 palace...
They will comfortably finish above us this season...

Fucking chadli starting again I expect

I feel like I do most games so far this season; Not overly confident and concerned that we'll be too ponderous in possession whilst the opposition do that weird thing of moving the ball quickly, accurately toward our goal.

That said, the predominant concern, and why I couldn't believe Dier was playing yesterday, is who the fuck we are going to play in midfield with Mason, Dembele, Bentaleb, Dier or Eriksen.

So no Dembele, Eriksen, Mason and Benteleb it seems...

----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweirld----Vertonghen-----------Rose
-------------------------------Dier----Alli-----------------------------
----------Lamela-----------------Son--------------------Chadli---
--------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------
Both Lamela & Chadli on the pitch is fucking disaster !

They are very predictable, don't offer width, constantly giving the ball away and significantly weaken the midfield.

Between Lamela/Chadli/Townsend if 2 or all of them start (which is more likely because of lack of enough options due to injuries) I can only see Palace winning this.

I'll go for 2-0 Palace (Zaha & Puncheon)

I believe they are the best away team since Alan Pardew took over. They have won 8 and only lost 3 in their last 15 away games.

I could see the their wide players(Bolasie, Zaha or Sako) giving us alot of problems. Our fullbacks need to be on top of their game and whoever plays in front of them needs to track back.

Fuck Palace and their over confident supporters. Whilst I applaud the way the club operates and how well they are doing considering size what I don't like is opposition supporters totally dismissing a team especially considering spurs are a much bigger club and have been better than palace for Donkeys years. Below is a link to a palace forum where most of them if not all think Palace are going to smash us. Sorry but spurs will bring palace back down to earth Sunday.
Spurs v Palace. Predictions

Should be an entertaining game, hopefully we can start fast and not slump to another disappointing euro hangover 3-2 win, hope to see Alli starting further up the pitch, he is impressive at unlocking the defense for an 18 year old!

The wins last Sunday and yesterday at least take some pressure off what would otherwise be a very nervy WHL on Sunday... it's a London derby (which is nice) but not those London derbies which are just 'orrible! I rarely 'enjoy' a NLD during the game, simply because the stakes are so high... afterwards is a different matter 9if we've won!)
Sunday and Wednesday are gonna be two very different games, but both games we can win... and enjoy whilst we're doing it!
Should win is another matter... If I expect nothing from Spurs, then I can occasionally be pleasantly surprised! If I go into every game thinking "we're gonna smash 'em" then you merely set yourself up for disappointment!

We're still in the must win category, simply 'cos 3 wins and a defeat before last weekend doesn't afford us the 'luxury' of dropping too many more points at home until later in the season... and yes, Palace are a tougher team than in recent years, but yes, we can also beat them. (we can also lose or draw, but that's Spurs for you!)

I've a feeling the Cheslea/Arse game tomorrow will set up the general mood and 'feel' of the weekend. depending on that game/result, might actually help Sunday (and next wednesday) tick along nicely... or else it'll be all doom and gloom!

COYS!!!!! please... pretty please

Fuck Palace and their over confident supporters. Whilst I applaud the way the club operates and how well they are doing considering size what I don't like is opposition supporters totally dismissing a team especially considering spurs are a much bigger club and have been better than palace for Donkeys years. Below is a link to a palace forum where most of them if not all think Palace are going to smash us. Sorry but spurs will bring palace back down to earth Sunday.
Spurs v Palace. Predictions

Well you got a bite out of them, being quoted on that poor show of a forum.

Hoping we take confidence from the win last week and the wni/performance on Sunday. Three wins in a week would be a massive boost before the cup game. We know they'll try and hit us on the break and will create chances.

I'm not too sure they are as good as they are hyped up to be though. Were lucky against Norwich (goal wrongly disallowed), lost to Woolwich and City, scraped a win against a crap Villa team who concede for fun. Huge credit for the Chelsea result but they've been a shambles this season (and we all take great joy from that of course). We owe them a defeat at the Lane so lets have them. 2-0 Spurs. #happyclapping

Back
Top Bottom