Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well you got a bite out of them, being quoted on that poor show of a forum.

Hoping we take confidence from the win last week and the wni/performance on Sunday. Three wins in a week would be a massive boost before the cup game. We know they'll try and hit us on the break and will create chances.

I'm not too sure they are as good as they are hyped up to be though. Were lucky against Norwich (goal wrongly disallowed), lost to Woolwich and City, scraped a win against a crap Villa team who concede for fun. Huge credit for the Chelsea result but they've been a shambles this season (and we all take great joy from that of course). We owe them a defeat at the Lane so lets have them. 2-0 Spurs. #happyclapping

I know just saw they have quoted me on that forum :) word spreads quick don't it. I just think some of their supporters are a bit arrogant to be predicting 3-0 and 4-1 wins at white hart lane when all they have done is made a decent start. So many teams of Crystal palace's size have done what they have done and when the business side of the season comes into play you will see these teams fall and drop. Like I said I applaud palace and the result against Chelsea was superb but certain supporters saying palace are going to smash spurs away just because of a few good results is ridiculous. Spurs 3-1 Palace.

I just think some of their supporters are a bit arrogant to be predicting 3-0 and 4-1 wins at white hart lane when all they have done is made a decent start. So many teams of Crystal palace's size have done what they have done and when the business side of the season comes into play you will see these teams fall and drop. Like I said I applaud palace and the result against Chelsea was superb but certain supporters saying palace are going to smash spurs away just because of a few good results is ridiculous. Spurs 3-1 Palace.

Thing is, we're not at the business end of the season yet... we're still in the 'decent start/honeymoon period'... which is probably the reason for their optimism!!
...and you just know if they get a penalty, they won't do what Jason Puncheon did with it last season!!

Thing is, we're not at the business end of the season yet... we're still in the 'decent start/honeymoon period'... which is probably the reason for their optimism!!
...and you just know if they get a penalty, they won't do what Jason Puncheon did with it last season!!

No it's not but there were even palace fans on talksport this morning saying that they were favourites. Never heard anything so ridiculous. Palace are on form and playing better than spurs at the moment no doubt but favourites for Sunday they are not. Spurs still have a better team than palace and come towards middle of the season this will show.

No it's not but there were even palace fans on talksport this morning saying that they were favourites. Never heard anything so ridiculous. Palace are on form and playing better than spurs at the moment no doubt but favourites for Sunday they are not. Spurs still have a better team than palace and come towards middle of the season this will show.
Aw, let 'em have their fun... we don't sit well with the 'favourites' tag anyway, let them have it...
then LET THEM HAVE IT!!!!

So no Dembele, Eriksen, Mason and Benteleb it seems...

----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweirld----Vertonghen-----------Rose
-------------------------------Dier----Alli-----------------------------
----------Lamela-----------------Son--------------------Chadli---
--------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

At leat we are getting injured in the opponents penalty box and not in some sad withdrawn role.

We are going to be a pain in the arse all over the pitch soon.

Dembele's was a weird one so I hope it's not his hip.

Lloris
Trippier-Toby-Jan-Davies
Mason-Dier
Son-Alli-Lamela (I miss Eriksen)
Kane

3:2. Bolasie after a defence blooper, Kane and son turn it around, Zaha with a fast equalizer. Kane with a late winner

Really worried about this especially with Dier taking a knock on Thursday, but haven't heard how serious that is yet. If he's out who will fill in at DM?

Here we gooooo.

Look, Etiksen is out and Alli rose to the top. We don't automatically have to put out a team shape that even requires a DM.

It will be tough with Mason, Eriksen, Dembele and Bentaleb out. But we are still 100% win since the curtain closed on the transfer window.

We are no longer a team that relies on one person Bale style.

Lloris
Trippier-Toby-Jan-Davies
Mason-Dier
Son-Alli-Lamela (I miss Eriksen)
Kane

3:2. Bolasie after a defence blooper, Kane and son turn it around, Zaha with a fast equalizer. Kane with a late winner

I appreciate the optimism, but I see Kane trying too hard once more and failing to find the net at all. I hope I'm wrong, but he's being dropped as my Fantasy Captain.

Here we gooooo.

Look, Etiksen is out and Alli rose to the top. We don't automatically have to put out a team shape that even requires a DM.

It will be tough with Mason, Eriksen, Dembele and Bentaleb out. But we are still 100% win since the curtain closed on the transfer window.

We are no longer a team that relies on one person Bale style.
If Dier is out (he had had KT tape to his knee from the kick off BTW) then Alderweireld goes DM (played many times there for Southampton) we then have Fazio & Wimmer to drop in next to Jan.

I'd like to think we learned something from the same fixture last season and can come away with a convincing win - 3 v 1.

I'll be pissed if they turn up and run rings round us again :pritchardeyes:

Back
Top Bottom