New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea won't want to do us any favours though, and being the mistrusting soul I am, I feel it is quite likely they will be happy to inconvenience us by offering a more lucrative deal to the FA for the same Stadium at the same time.

I'm not a fan of the FA, I believe they are not too dissimilar to FIFA with a load of mini Blatters in their offices all out to do the best for themselves, the fact they were so quick to change their tune about clubs using Wembley as soon as Chelsea started talking money just goes to reinforce my belief.
Chelsea want it for your years which made the FA sit up and take notice. Will they want to be sued by Levy if they let them have it and not us?!

Well that looks like that then...Archway is practically levelled...
large_camera3.jpg

Chelsea want it for your years which made the FA sit up and take notice. Will they want to be sued by Levy if they let them have it and not us?!

Levy won't have grounds for suing (scuse the pun), because the FA will have the choice between Chelsea's offer and our own, and will have legitimate reason for choosing theirs.

I mean, sure we can all ask just how far along Chelsea were in their plans to redevelop Stamford Bridge when they made the application to use Wembley, or whether or not at that stage their plans for the Bridge were concrete enough to legitimately ask for Wembley for that specific period. Levy could argue that Chelsea have no stadium design in place, and have no planning permission sought and thus don't require Wembley at the same time as us, but as long as Chelsea can argue that everything will be in place and work ready to commence for when they want their Wembley lease to start, their offer is viable as well as more profitable for the FA.

Some sad cunt at a building site....I think he got very excited by some random builder's car...
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, Chelsea gazumping us again...fuck 'em.

Levy won't have grounds for suing (scuse the pun), because the FA will have the choice between Chelsea's offer and our own, and will have legitimate reason for choosing theirs.

I mean, sure we can all ask just how far along Chelsea were in their plans to redevelop Stamford Bridge when they made the application to use Wembley, or whether or not at that stage their plans for the Bridge were concrete enough to legitimately ask for Wembley for that specific period. Levy could argue that Chelsea have no stadium design in place, and have no planning permission sought and thus don't require Wembley at the same time as us, but as long as Chelsea can argue that everything will be in place and work ready to commence for when they want their Wembley lease to start, their offer is viable as well as more profitable for the FA.

Well we can hope that they will be long relegated (and bankrupt after Roman pulls out) by then?

Despite all the troubles we had with selfish mother fuckers throwing spanners in the works in getting to this point with our stadium. I, for one, will be doing everything within in my power to delay the fuck out of the redevelopment of their shithole.

A CPO is gonna cost a hell of a lot more on Fulham Road than it will in N17 that's for sure.

Well we can hope that they will be long relegated (and bankrupt after Roman pulls out) by then?

Despite all the troubles we had with selfish mother fuckers throwing spanners in the works in getting to this point with our stadium. I, for one, will be doing everything within in my power to delay the fuck out of the redevelopment of their shithole.

A CPO is gonna cost a hell of a lot more on Fulham Road than it will in N17 that's for sure.

Do Chelsea need to buy any land though? From what I've seen it looks like their new stadium, as well as being fucking ugly, will be contained within their current site.

Brookfield Multiplex is in the running for its first major UK stadium since rebuilding Wembley after it became one of three firms shortlisted for the new £400m Tottenham Hotspur stadium, Construction News can reveal.

Sources told Construction News that Brookfield Multiplex, Mace and Sir Robert McAlpine are the final three bidders for the project.

It is understood other contractors that had been discussing the job with Spurs, including Bouygues and Laing O’Rourke, chose not to put forward bids.

The project is being procured under a two-stage tender with a preferred bidder expected to be confirmed next month.

The bid for the Spurs ground marks Brookfield Multiplex’s first venture into major UK stadium construction since, as Multiplex, it rebuilt Wembley.

Multiplex started work on Wembley in 2002; its iconic 315 m-long arch is the longest single span roof structure in the world.

However Wembley was beset by delays, eventually over-running by a year and more than £300m.

It was twice the subject of court actions - between Multiplex and Cleveland Bridge, and Multiplex and Mott MacDonald.

Multiplex was bought by Brookfield Asset Management in 2007.

According to its 2015 corporate profile, Brookfield Multiplex has worked on 14 stadium projects worldwide, worth around US$3bn (£1.94bn), including the Perth Stadium and Sports Precinct, on which it won the contract last year.

Sources said Sir Robert McAlpine was the outsider for the Spurs stadium project.

This would mean Brookfield Multiplex and Mace going head-to-head for another project, after Construction News last week revealed Brookfield had won the £350m European headquarters for Goldman Sachs.

Mace is currently project managing the conversion of the Olympic Stadium, built by Sir Robert McAlpine which also built Spurs’ north London rival Woolwich’s Emirates stadium.

Tottenham’s proposed Northumberland Park development has an estimated value in excess of £400m and will include a 61,000-seater stadium, which is also expected to host NFL games.

Sir Robert McAlpine has been contacted for comment. Tottenham Hotspur, Brookfield Multiplex and Mace all declined to comment.

Brookfield Multiplex puts Wembley woes in the past as it takes aim at £400m Spurs stadium

Sharing the stadium is bad for both teams, because the pitch condition will be horrible from overuse.

The quick passing possession style of football will be compromised. Will need to play long balls. Better get a prolific target man striker when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom