New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a guy on Skyscraper city who's obsessed with comparing the new stadium with other major stadiums...

The Emirates.
7zL7Mqv.jpg

The Etihad
hAt9UQu.jpg

The future Etihad
d9txhDo.jpg

Wembley
0NmfRd9.jpg

The Olympic Stadium
lBVlmn6.jpg

Our "old" New Stadium
gSHg5d1.jpg

Watched that video. After living just up the road for the majority of my younger years and now having a lot of years in addition as a Season Ticket holder I feel well placed to note that for the majority of my lifetime no one has done much of substance to benefit Tottenham. The councils, the residents, the businesses everyone is responsible for the area being a total fucking dump. It is not the responsibility of THFC to improve all the shit & actually the area is very very lucky the club did not just piss off somewhere a bit better, which was honestly the smart move.

Whoever made the video, with the obvious anti development social focus, needs to ask themselves if the alternative of more of the same for generations to come is acceptable ?

Yes ENIC & Levy personally will become externally rich, but that's life.

If I were that person making videos I would focus more on the Olympic Stadium farce and how that big mouth cunt Brady, gets away with cheap shotting us in a national newspaper coloum despite being a Peer of the Realm !
Agree with all of that.
Harringey treated THFC as a cash cow and oasis in the desert of N17/15 if you like for many years.
Even as recently expecting us to pay for the upgrade of the stations in the area.
I also said that if, in 1965 the border of Haringey and Enfield had started at park lane and the club been in the latter we would probably be playing in our new ground now.

I'd guess a deal would be in place with MK as something to fall back on in case we don't get Wembley, after all, if the Chavs manage to wangle a deal with the FA that ensues we don't get a look in, we'll need somewhere to go or risk being kicked out of the league.
If that does happen will be interesting to see if people attempt to defend Levy?

I admit to not knowing shit about Tottenham the neighborhood except what has been said on here but are they really making their best point when the distinctiveness of the neighborhood is shown by buildings whose boards on their windows have been there since before Thatcher. That is the most of the area that I have seen besides the matchday stuff in the immediate stadium area since the riots and all it made me think is who else would build in this area. People like those who made the video are the reason for the bid on the Olympic Park Levy wanted to prove he would leave and get the council to realize how utterly fucked they were without him.

Levy wanted the olympic stadium because it would have made him a lot more cash for a lot less work. It was never about leverage.

If that does happen will be interesting to see if people attempt to defend Levy?
Especially as the board , with Levy himself in attendance, told the THST at one of their, ahem "meetings" that Wembley was not a viable option. He refused to expand on this fuzzy statement, although most people seemed to think it was something to do with Wembley only being permitted so many events each year by the local council.

That video has pissed me off.

"Daniel Levy says the regeneration will help many...but we are yet to see any of this" I am paraphrasing but what does she expect to have seen? The construction is embryonic.

That video really is daft.
Very amateur sixth form analysis. A bit embarrassing that video.

That video is total bullshit I see the Youtube comment's section of the video has someone that knows what they are talking about.

Haha, yes it was. He got exactly what he wanted from it.

I see John Thomas John Thomas has made his long awaited return to this thread.

Finally accepted there is a stadium being built?

With regards to your first point, No he did not. Your deluding yourself. He wanted the Stratford site and spent a shit load of shekels trying to get it

Secondly, I posted on the previous page

And finally, have I fuck. As far as I`m aware, we haven`t even got passed the planning stage yet. The only advancement has been the removal of a couple of tin sheds and nicer, deeper hole in the ground.

Especially as the board , with Levy himself in attendance, told the THST at one of their, ahem "meetings" that Wembley was not a viable option. He refused to expand on this fuzzy statement, although most people seemed to think it was something to do with Wembley only being permitted so many events each year by the local council.

Wembley wasn't an option, the FA didn't want Spurs to play there.

Then Chelsea offered shit loads of cash and the FA have to appear to be impartial..........so now it maybe is an option for Spurs.

There's no great conspiracy, so don't try to pretend there is.

Levy wanted the olympic stadium because it would have made him a lot more cash for a lot less work. It was never about leverage.
You realize that you just defined leverage for a business man. You really just defined capitalism he could have run a massive PR campaign and probably has enough cash on hand to buy a friendly council vote but the olympic park legacy committee was willing to allow him to prove his point with a threat instead of cash he probably still has wet dreams about how well it worked.

Wembley wasn't an option, the FA didn't want Spurs to play there.

Then Chelsea offered shit loads of cash and the FA have to appear to be impartial..........so now it maybe is an option for Spurs.

There's no great conspiracy, so don't try to pretend there is.

Hang on. Read your own post. It seems your the one suggesting a conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom