New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sharing the stadium is bad for both teams, because the pitch condition will be horrible from overuse.

The quick passing possession style of football will be compromised. Will need to play long balls. Better get a prolific target man striker when that happens.
Wembley like us and Twickenham for example, uses a hybrid pitch so that won't be a worry.

Last edited:
Sharing the stadium is bad for both teams, because the pitch condition will be horrible from overuse.

The quick passing possession style of football will be compromised. Will need to play long balls. Better get a prolific target man striker when that happens.
Wembley like us and Twickenham for example, use a hybrid pitch so that won't be a worry.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but central to the entire stadium design so far has been a removable pitch. Has it been abandoned?

If not, then those concerns aren't even applicable.

I'm not sure this is the case, given the technology that is available to groundsmen nowadays. I go to Wembley every day and they have huge industrial lighting over the pitch to help the grass grow. It's actually an incredible sight and to the untrained eye it looks like the FA are using Wembley to grow weed.

I'm not sure this is the case, given the technology that is available to groundsmen nowadays. I go to Wembley every day and they have huge industrial lighting over the pitch to help the grass grow. It's actually an incredible sight and to the untrained eye it looks like the FA are using Wembley to grow weed.
We have those as well, usually stored at the corner of the Park Lane and Shelf.

Few years back we switched to a 1/3 synthetic pitch, with plastic fibres woven into the turf to hold the pitch together, reducing the chance of divots being taken out of the ground.

Last edited:
Sharing the stadium is bad for both teams, because the pitch condition will be horrible from overuse
Besides all the other good reasons you've been given as to why this won't be an issue - another is that many clubs around the world groundshare on a permanent basis, and the pitch quality is not a problem.

I expect this is bullshit, but is their any truth in this Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante

#ITK

Reports: Deal verbally agreed for Tottenham to move to Milton Keynes

Tottenham Hotspur have already verbally agreed a deal which could see them moving to Milton Keynes to play their home games for one season, according to reports.

Sky Sports News HQ claims an agreement has already been reached with MK Dons over the use of stadiummk for the 2017/18 season, but the London club’s preferred plan is still to share Wembley with Chelsea.

With Spurs set to move out of White Hart Lane while a new 61,000 seater ground is built in its place, they are desperate to find a temporary home with the national stadium and Milton Keynes the two main options.

It was also suggested that Daniel Levy could look to use Upton Park when West Ham United vacate it for the Olympic Stadium but Hammers vice-chairman Karen Brady has dismissed the rumours.

Levy has claimed Chelsea have offered a four-year-deal to play at Wembley while Stamford Bridge is redeveloped and he still has hopes of a potential ground-share.

If not though, it seems former Don Dele Alli could be making a very unlikely return to play regular football in Milton Keynes in the next two years.

I expect this is bullshit, but is their any truth in this Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante

#ITK

Tottenham Hotspur have already verbally agreed a deal which could see them moving to Milton Keynes to play their home games for one season, according to reports.

Sky Sports News HQ claims an agreement has already been reached with MK Dons over the use of stadiummk for the 2017/18 season, but the London club’s preferred plan is still to share Wembley with Chelsea.

With Spurs set to move out of White Hart Lane while a new 61,000 seater ground is built in its place, they are desperate to find a temporary home with the national stadium and Milton Keynes the two main options.

It was also suggested that Daniel Levy could look to use Upton Park when West Ham United vacate it for the Olympic Stadium but Hammers vice-chairman Karen Brady has dismissed the rumours.

Levy has claimed Chelsea have offered a four-year-deal to play at Wembley while Stamford Bridge is redeveloped and he still has hopes of a potential ground-share.

If not though, it seems former Don Dele Alli could be making a very unlikely return to play regular football in Milton Keynes in the next two years.

I'd guess a deal would be in place with MK as something to fall back on in case we don't get Wembley, after all, if the Chavs manage to wangle a deal with the FA that ensues we don't get a look in, we'll need somewhere to go or risk being kicked out of the league.

Watched that video. After living just up the road for the majority of my younger years and now having a lot of years in addition as a Season Ticket holder I feel well placed to note that for the majority of my lifetime no one has done much of substance to benefit Tottenham. The councils, the residents, the businesses everyone is responsible for the area being a total fucking dump. It is not the responsibility of THFC to improve all the shit & actually the area is very very lucky the club did not just piss off somewhere a bit better, which was honestly the smart move.

Whoever made the video, with the obvious anti development social focus, needs to ask themselves if the alternative of more of the same for generations to come is acceptable ?

Yes ENIC & Levy personally will become externally rich, but that's life.

If I were that person making videos I would focus more on the Olympic Stadium farce and how that big mouth cunt Brady, gets away with cheap shotting us in a national newspaper coloum despite being a Peer of the Realm !

I admit to not knowing shit about Tottenham the neighborhood except what has been said on here but are they really making their best point when the distinctiveness of the neighborhood is shown by buildings whose boards on their windows have been there since before Thatcher. That is the most of the area that I have seen besides the matchday stuff in the immediate stadium area since the riots and all it made me think is who else would build in this area. People like those who made the video are the reason for the bid on the Olympic Park Levy wanted to prove he would leave and get the council to realize how utterly fucked they were without him.

Watched that video. After living just up the road for the majority of my younger years and now having a lot of years in addition as a Season Ticket holder I feel well placed to note that for the majority of my lifetime no one has done much of substance to benefit Tottenham. The councils, the residents, the businesses everyone is responsible for the area being a total fucking dump. It is not the responsibility of THFC to improve all the shit & actually the area is very very lucky the club did not just piss off somewhere a bit better, which was honestly the smart move.

Whoever made the video, with the obvious anti development social focus, needs to ask themselves if the alternative of more of the same for generations to come is acceptable ?

Yes ENIC & Levy personally will become externally rich, but that's life.

If I were that person making videos I would focus more on the Olympic Stadium farce and how that big mouth cunt Brady, gets away with cheap shotting us in a national newspaper coloum despite being a Peer of the Realm !
Totally agree Lee....
On the previous blog to which I contributed there were many posts from a 'copper' who regularly polices N17 & match days.
He tells a different story, one of drugs, gang crime, violence & anti-social behaviour...somewhat different from the 'cozy' view portrayed in the video above.

Just found this:

Not saying the video doesn't have its points but the commentator makes it sound like an oasis is going to be ripped up and replaced by McDonalds.

Having 61k people coming to home games is going to give local businesses a shot in the arm like they have never had before. Imagine if we had moved up the road to Enfield, the whole area would have died a death.

If ever a place needed regeneration it was Tottenham. To be honest that film is kind of sad, it sounds like 'in the old days', 'we don't like change' 'things aren't as good as they used to be' blah blah blah.

This is massive opportunity not just for the club but for the area, maybe it's not perfect but it's far better than the current mess that is the surrounding area.

#ITK

Sky Sports News understands we may move to Milton Keynes? Or maybe Wembley, or Upton Park.

Thanks Sky Sports News!

Back
Top Bottom