Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a good player, not great, but I wouldn't get rid, as not sure we would replace him with anything better. If Dier is going to continue picking up yellow cards, we need to keep our midfield players.
PS - He really played well today, MOTM by a country mile

I disagree. He's a very good player with a hell of a lot of ability. I like him at CM. He did well with Sandro in the AVB era.
I'd be gutted if we sold him.
I like him, don't get me wrong, but he is not my definition of great. Mind you, he has never had an extended run of games, maybe if that changes, we'll see the best of him, as I still feel we haven't had that.

MOTM for me today by far, stuck to his task well, retained possession, got stuck in with tackles and helped ease the pressure off our defence simply due to his ability to hold onto the ball when under pressure from 3 players.

I thought he was absolutely exceptional. I thought he made a huge difference in us turning the game in the second part of the first half. His ability to retain possession while under pressure from more than one liverpool player was reminiscent to luka modric. Not only was hr keeping the ball but he was actually making forward passes and making runs after. He also slowed the game down when we needed to be more patient. Then that brings us to the tackling....what a defensive performance, time after time making top top class tackles...his performance alone gave me alot of enjoyment despite the draw.

We'd be daft to get rid of him... we did well by getting shot of Stambouli & Capoue (both a poor man's Dembele imho)
Don't get me wrong, our midfield options will be phenomenal in about 2-3 years, if we keep hold of Mason, bentaleb, Alli, Pritchard, Dier, even Carroll... but at the moment, they are all still 'ONLY' youth options who have been given the chance in midfield, we desperately need some experience in there to complement them.

It's like the players are trying to actively troll the melts on here.

"Wah, we didn't buy a DM" - Poch puts Dier in and he becomes a rock.
"Lamela is fucking shit" - Plays a worldy against the title holders.
"We've got no cover at DM, Dembele isn't good enough" - MOTM performance.

:dier::lamelawtf::dembelewtf:

Mmmm
"I can't ever see Harry Kane scoring again, certainly not double hat tricks against Woolwich and West ham"

Worth a try

I disagree. He's a very good player with a hell of a lot of ability. I like him at CM. He did well with Sandro in the AVB era.
I'd be gutted if we sold him.
If he can play like this every time, our CM/DM issue is solved. Moussa and Eric in rotation, one offering the smooth moves, the other thunder and fury. Unleash on opposition as appropriate.

Pochettino and the squad are basically saying "you lot know fuck all" week in and week out.

Exactly, we know very little when it comes down to it.

A LOT of people (no names) confusing speculative opinion for fact on here.
I have given up on saying who I think should be playing where. At this point, Pochettino has pretty much thrown everything we thought we knew out the window and shown we should just relax and trust him. We thought Harry Kane wasn't ready to be the main striker. We were wrong. We thought Danny Rose was never going to improve. We were wrong. We thought we were fucked because we hadn't bought a central midfielder this summer. We were wrong. We thought with Dier suspended that our new-found defensive resilience was gone. We were wrong again.

The team isn't perfect, but with a little patience and faith, they're showing us there's a lot more to them than any of us thought.

He sure loves to talk...
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele is keen to establish his exact role at the club and is demanding talks with manager Mauricio Pochettino to resolve the issue.

The Belgium international has scored just once in his last 46 appearances for Spurs but was the man of the match in Saturday's goalless draw against Liverpool, where he was utilised as a holding midfielder.

However, Dembele has seen his playing time slashed due to the emergence of Eric Dier, suspended for Saturday's Premier League encounter, and Dele Alli this season.

The Belgian midfielder has been used in a number of different positions in the early part of the season

'My best position depends on our tactics and the opposition,' Dembele said.

'Against Liverpool, there was a lot of space for me because they try to attack. But against teams that sit back, I could be best from the right as I can make a difference.

'Last season, there were also a lot of players in each position and you have to have this if you want to compete with the top teams. It is quite hard to hold down a place.

'It is something that we need to discuss but I will try to impress the manager wherever he plays me. It is something between me and the gaffer that we need to sort out,' the 28-year-old Belgian added.

He played a near perfect game against Liverpool, but I still maintain that he should mainly be utilised as one of our AMs.

It shouldn't be Dier or Dembele. They've both been amongst our top performers this season. It should be Dier and Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom