Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't understand why the team did't give a fuck, I am significantly more disappointed with the team tonight than say when we actually went out of this competition under Sherwood - when he played loads of guys who never got a game under him and managed a 2-2 draw at Benefica. This team had at least 8 starters in it - I think we are starting to see the repercussions for halving our squad.

All we need to do is win our home games and we qualify top.

We're also unbeaten in the league since day one.

Yet here we are with a bunch of premenstrual tarts thinking one loss away to a decent side in a shitty European comp with a weakened side is the catalyst to demand change...

...wankers.

All we need to do is win our home games and we qualify top.

We're also unbeaten in the league since day one.

Yet here we are with a bunch of premenstrual tarts thinking one loss away to a decent side in a shitty European comp with a weakened side is the catalyst to demand change...

...wankers.

These posters were only seen at the Man Utd game, the NLD and tonight.. Funny that, didn't see any of them when we smashed Man City..

Annoying.
Doesnt matter much as we will likely still go through, the group is wide open.
BUT I am annoyed because we will see the same next game: a massive massive need for a striker! No doubt I am not the only one to see the obvious here. It is so infuriating given the effort we put into each game, but we cant get the ball in front of goal and then in the net.

Their player, Gillet was really good. If he plays like that normally then we should sign him up.
Yeah mate, the "obvious" was seen at the end of the transfer window.

As much as the jury is out for me on Poch, this one is all Levy. Another transfer window of nearly, but not quite, has meant we still have a gaping hole.

It was arrogant to assume that Njie could just step up to the plate in the event that Kane and/or Son weren't on form or injured. It was arrogant to assume that Kane would just walk least season's form into this one. Neither Son or Njie are out and out strikers. We needed that extra player and our lack of potency in front of goal this year is a testament to that.

Lamela should've put in a cross in the final minute there instead he gives ball away and falls down. That moment just summed up what's exactly wrong with our current setup.
What was wrong with our current set up when we beat Man City 4-1?

What was wrong with our current set up when we beat Man City 4-1?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the mentality of the players . They seem to turn up for big games but not so against the smaller teams . When they went 1 up they weren't clinical enough , kept passing the ball around pointlessly

jesus. u lot hate melts but non stop talk about them.

can u kindly start a new thread called anti-melts & then continue to list what u hate about melts & all the reasons u guys are so much better than them.

ok guys. u are great non melts. better than everyone else. we get it. congrats.
the cards in the post

Last edited:
Yeah mate, the "obvious" was seen at the end of the transfer window.

As much as the jury is out for me on Poch, this one is all Levy. Another transfer window of nearly, but not quite, has meant we still have a gaping hole.

It was arrogant to assume that Njie could just step up to the plate in the event that Kane and/or Son weren't on form or injured. It was arrogant to assume that Kane would just walk least season's form into this one. Neither Son or Njie are out and out strikers. We needed that extra player and our lack of potency in front of goal this year is a testament to that.

I know it's a fucking nonsense, but if you play it cheap you get it cheap. Still amazed some people thought one striker was good enough or Son and Nije could cover Kane.

I think we was naive and we took our foot of the gas after 15mins thinking it will be a stroll in park. Shame as this game was there for the taking we didn't take it.

I don't want change. If some people think our options up front are decent for a club of our size, then l don't know what to say. It's only October, and injuries plus a loss of form have made us toothless. Yes, we'll get out out of the group - but it doesn't change that.

Back
Top Bottom