Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 Jenny Talia Jenny Talia Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko Totti Totti

Article 16 Equality of points – group stage
16.01 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches,
the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

a. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the
teams in question;
b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in
question;

c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams
in question;
20 II – Competition System
d. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played
among the teams in question;
e. if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking,
criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in
question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a
decision, criteria f) to l) apply;
f. superior goal difference in all group matches;
g. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
h. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
i. higher number of wins in all group matches;
j. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
k. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in
all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for
two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
l. higher club coefficient (see Annex D).

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Well, spank my arse. Fair enough.

Some observations......
I still haven't reasoned why N'jié received a yellow card...was the tackle that bad?...I don't remember him being spoken to by the referee beforehand...I could be wrong....
Whatever the interpretation of some of the referee's decisions I have to question why a Dutch referee should have been given charge of that game...
Apart from that, Poch has to hold up his hands and accept responsibility for this one.
Playing Dembele in left HFM (at least that's was where he supposed to play) upset the balance of the team from the start and he should have either been subbed or moved forward at the beginning of the second half.
Eriksen (and Davies) became more and more isolated as the game went on as a result.
I don't know what Townsend does in training but the guy just doesn't have a footballing brain...I very much doubt if there's anything much between his ears.
Please, somebody relieve us this idiot.
Trippier is what Trippier is...a Championship player...nothing more, nothing less....another player with very little between the ears...

not sure about the liverpool match. i should want them to win as they are british & not a rival
but the deafening silence when rubin scored was funny.

on 2nd thoughts the longer they are in europe, the worse they will perform in the league.
so i guess i now want them to win.

Very disappointing. Missed the first half which I heard was better. Second half poor defending for the second goal but it wasn't the result that annoyed rather than the sloppy and quite frankly lazy performance.

You watch Arse and Man City and there are always midfielders breaking beyond the striker, either Nije or Kane up front they look very alone and easy to mark. It's the dynamism of the attacking three behind our forward that is often very poor, even Leicester have players like Vardy. Thought Alli and Onamah looked ok when they came on, we need players who offer better movement, and when I see our younger players they look more able to take that risk.

lets hope we get up more for Bournemouth.

BBC now showing Benfica top with a +2 GD with Atletico +5 in 2nd. They get there eventually.
What about the Champions League official website? They have Atletico Madrid being top? I'm not saying you're wrong as the rules have been shown but it's strange that these websites can't seem to grasp this.

Don't hurt me.....

No more​

HADDAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
giphy.gif

My point is he went there yet again to an away game to a very average side with our whole squad give or take a few injurys could not get the job done and we looked dog shit second half it was embarrasing being the premier league club.and for god sake what the fuck is that townsend doing he is chronic Just Saying

Back
Top Bottom