SPURS Vs VILLA. MNF FTW TBF!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the train back... weird game for me. It was almost too easy and the whole match was very flat. Villa are absolute shite. Toby, Jan and Rose were consistent. Midfield lacked energy but I think that was from the quality of the opposition. Atmosphere was really poor, but again it reflected the total lack of a contest that this match was. Villa are absolutely going down unless a fucking miracle happens. Sad to see Villa at home become such a non event of a match. It was all about the result tonight: now the season gets very, very interesting. COYS.

Yeh I'd agree in the stands there was the odd signs of life but up until the villa goal it looked like both teams where going through the motions, in the first half In Particular it seemed as if Villa might as well just hand us the result.

3-1 flattered Villa, they looked a mess. Still in seasons gone past we would have handed them a draw somehow with crazy errors, only one tonight.

Job done is about the best way to describe tonight.
It actually felt like a Europa game against a team we would expect to beat.
Was such a cruise until they got a goal back and then it was panic stations.
Great 3 rd goal though.
Pleased fie Alli as well he's going to be such a star.
Eric Dier is immense, what a show and what an important player he is for us.
The impressive unbeaten run continues and hopefully it will continue come Sunday.
3pts, 3 goals what's not to like????

Just caught up with the game.

Great result from our strongest eleven.

Wobbled a bit when they scored but deserved result

Now for Woolwich!

:pochlol:

My Sis at game said the same thing, in the heart of the park lane there were not many english voices, a load of tourists

The highlight was a bloke spilling 4 cups of bovril down the stairs apparently, so at least some real fans were there

Such a shame, would love to be at the lane singing
Sweden Spurs supporters club were out in force this evening, that's why

Can't be arsed to read - Dembele the worst player on the pitch. Jeez does that stupid lump fuck up our football. Far from being a hard man, he fell over everytime someone touched him. We will never improve when he is in the squad. Ditch! he makes all our players look awful.

You cats that rate him? Fine. Gets the ball - ignores runners, turns backwards. Fucks up our attacks. You cats see football too close to home. l Never want to see the gutless twat in a Spurs shirt again. What a fake.

tell us what you really think joe;)
OK, l think we're being mugged off. Most overrated player of all time. Played in every position, no fucking good in any of them. He doesn't know what to with the football when he gets it. Oh, l forgot, poke it at the keeper and hope it goes in, then fuck up. I don't mind what others say, l think he makes us look shit. Oh, but his close control was so excellent against LOL. Bollocks, sell him to some mugs, and get a ruthless player in. We'll always be 5th best while jokers like him are around.

Good result. Disappointing to let them back in the game but on a positive note that's the sort of situation in the past that we'd have totally buckled and ended up drawing/losing.

Definite signs of progression this season but while top 4 is by no means out of our reach I don't think we should get too carried away at this stage of the season and start expecting it.

It's good to know that to score against us, the op have to find a way for us to do it ourselves and put it in our own net.

Most goals against us point to us being young/green rather than a lack of skill. Bentaleb, Rose, Mason or Kane rushing etc have led to goals. I think it's acceptable to expect some rushes of blood from such a young team.

OK, l think we're being mugged off. Most overrated player of all time. Played in every position, no fucking good in any of them. He doesn't know what to with the football when he gets it. Oh, l forgot, poke it at the keeper and hope it goes in, then fuck up. I don't mind what others say, l think he makes us look shit. Oh, but his close control was so excellent against LOL. Bollocks, sell him to some mugs, and get a ruthless player in. We'll always be 5th best while jokers like him are around.
I agree with most of what you say but as a fan it is nice to see him with the ball at his feet brushing off the opposition, kinda how i'd describe a tiny dancer tbf - although on the other side of the coin if he manages 10ish goals per season is it not acceptable the same way Chadli is forgiven for his short-comings?

I understand your frustration with him mate but he has qualities I like as well-esp in certain games, hes brilliant at keeping ball and sucking players towards him he just needs to use the ball better I agree on that.

We dominated until Dembele came off. Then we panicked a little but I had faith.

Thankfully it was nice to see Davies, Lamela and Kane involved with that last goal. Stunning sweeping move. Great to see.

Back
Top Bottom