SPURS Vs VILLA. MNF FTW TBF!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defense looked good again today -- the way Dier drops in when Walker/Rose push forward is so effortless. We've got fluidity all over the field with this 11.

Goal was a bit unlucky but, to be fair, we had shut off. We're the fittest team in the league, just need Poch to help that keep the guys confident late into games.

I understand your frustration with him mate but he has qualities I like as well-esp in certain games, hes brilliant at keeping ball and sucking players towards him he just needs to use the ball better I agree on that.
Dembele is a dominant player because of the way he plays, he does his thing and others have to adjust around him. Not sure if he has the ability to take such a lead and be our Zidane. Most of the greats had this attribute but with that elusive football brain. Im a fan of Mason because he fits in the set up better, he allows the side to flow. Quick passing and movement from him contributes when we are at our best.
Great result tonight and Kane's goal was brilliant . Im going to worship every goal he gets this season, like ancient tribesmen worshiping the gods to encourage more rain, to avoid further drought.

Great result. Match went a little flat there, for a few minutes after Villa scored we looked shakey but then Villa lost steam and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Good" I said to myself "Villa are still shit."

COYS

Sat in block 40 tonight....... My god...... The looks when people tried to start at atmosphere...... It was if singing was outlawed.....1882 needed
Funnily enough, I was in block 39... tried a few chants... just wasn't happening. But to be fair, there were quite a few join in when PL or the Shelf started songs... so it wasn't all bad.
More of a location problem, as you're so far from the 'singing section'that no fucker can hear you!

It's good to know that to score against us, the op have to find a way for us to do it ourselves and put it in our own net.

Most goals against us point to us being young/green rather than a lack of skill. Bentaleb, Rose, Mason or Kane rushing etc have led to goals. I think it's acceptable to expect some rushes of blood from such a young team.
You raise a good point, the few goals we've conceded have included a number of own goals and deflections. So unless a team gets lucky it is extremely hard to beat us.

As soon as Dembele is replaced by Mason we lose control. Mason loses concentration again and gives a goal away and we struggle more. Nice guy, nice attitude, one of our own and all that. But please let us realise he has too many faults to be in top 4 aspiring team.

Last night was okay. Villa are an appalling football side - truly awful. The fact we allowed them back into the match was down to, I think, being lazy. I'm happy to play possession football but we also have to realise opportunities when they are presented, which did/could have happened far more last night if we were a little more decisive in the final pass.

There was a lot to be happy about, Dier was excellent - again. We dominated for most of the game, I just think, for confidence and mindset we shouldn't let a team like Villa put us into panic mode when we are two up with fifteen minutes to go.

Great goals, delighted with a very important three points but I suspect Poch will be having a few words after that last fifteen minutes.

As soon as Dembele is replaced by Mason we lose control. Mason loses concentration again and gives a goal away and we struggle more. Nice guy, nice attitude, one of our own and all that. But please let us realise he has too many faults to be in top 4 aspiring team.

Or he's just come back from injury and isn't quite match sharp yet?

Christ.

Or he's just come back from injury and isn't quite match sharp yet?

Christ.
Exactly. That is why he needed the game time. He needs to play a part on Thursday as well, and then maybe he will be ready for the tough run of games. Dele Alli is 19, the idea he is not going to have a dip in form is ridiculous. We need Bentaleb back as soon as possible for the same reason.

OK, l think we're being mugged off. Most overrated player of all time. Played in every position, no fucking good in any of them. He doesn't know what to with the football when he gets it. Oh, l forgot, poke it at the keeper and hope it goes in, then fuck up. I don't mind what others say, l think he makes us look shit. Oh, but his close control was so excellent against LOL. Bollocks, sell him to some mugs, and get a ruthless player in. We'll always be 5th best while jokers like him are around.
Is this a serious post or part of your ongoing feud ?

With reference to my previous post above........
V6lQbCS.png

Can't allow this against the gooners, or Anderlecht for that matter.

Mason was one of our best players before his injury and people are willing to chuck him under a bus because of a very rusty 20 minute cameo after 6 weeks out in a win.

Call yourselves fans? Pathetic.

It is because I am a fan that I don't want the progress we have made chucked away at the altar of sentimentality. Watch how Dier sits and breaks up play, watch how he drops back to fill in and cover when a member of the back four moves forwards, watch how he tracks runners. Mason and Bentaleb do none of this, they have no defensive mindset, they are not aware of what is happening around them when out of possession and both incapable of maintaining concentration to retain the ball. Watch the game at Old Trafford last year for the prime examples, they gave away all three goals. Mason played quite well this season before his injury going forward but he is a liability in and around our penalty area - as last night showed. Toby is a classy defender and has helped but the major reason for our solidity this season has been Dier and Alli replacing Mason and Bentaleb.

It is because I am a fan that I don't want the progress we have made chucked away at the altar of sentimentality. Watch how Dier sits and breaks up play, watch how he drops back to fill in and cover when a member of the back four moves forwards, watch how he tracks runners. Mason and Bentaleb do none of this, they have no defensive mindset, they are not aware of what is happening around them when out of possession and both incapable of maintaining concentration to retain the ball. Watch the game at Old Trafford last year for the prime examples, they gave away all three goals. Mason played quite well this season before his injury going forward but he is a liability in and around our penalty area - as last night showed. Toby is a classy defender and has helped but the major reason for our solidity this season has been Dier and Alli replacing Mason and Bentaleb.
Throwing Bentaleb under the bus now as well? Awesome.

It is a team effort. Front to back they are all implementing the plan made by Poch.
That is the big difference this season. We have a team now, rather than a bunch of players.

Back
Top Bottom