The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mason is not going to be match sharp for this type of game, he will get run ragged.

If we play at the tempo we played last night, we will get raped. The energy needs to be a lot better.
We need to pack the midfield, and try and hit them on the counter. Im hoping njie will be fit as he will be a good outlet to hit on the counter. Looks like rose is out so davies will start.

We certainly need to up our game a bit to compete vs Scum. However, I think we will compete and that the boys truly believe that they can beat the filth at their ground.

Let's crush the poor sods.

I fucking hate these lot, dunno if going to the game makes it better or worse.

I always find it's easier on the nerves to be at the game.. A few beers before and the adrenalin make it less of an issue, i'm loads worse watching it on the Tele, or worse than that, listening on the radio where you can't see what's going on.. and then there's the euphoria if we get a win.. That walk back to Finsbury Park is such a joy after a win..

I think I'll just hibernate for this one!
The fact that we are on such a good vein of form sets the scene for them to rub our noses in it. At this moment, I'd be happy with a point, but always hopeful for more.

The one in September fried my fucking nerves. I'm definitely going to get nervous again, but right now I'm just excited. I have a friend that flew over for both Bayern and the NLD and I want NOTHING more than to give every single person here his number if we win so you can all text him and talk COPIOUS amounts of shit.

Not directly relevant, but the biggest difference between this and the last I don't even know how many NLD's away is actually the 4-1 win over City and to a lesser degree the 5-3 against chavs last season. Whether we like to admit it, we've always (in recent history) gone into these games with something of an inferiority complex. We almost looked like getting rid of it with Redknapp for a bit there, but this is the first time in my 20plus years supporting this club, that I can remember us going into this one feeling so strong. I cannot wait to see our young lads go out there and really, truly believe they can go toe to toe with the cunts :bentalebscream:

I can't believe anyone is worried about the tempo we'll play at - the Villa game on Monday was like that because we scored so early on and just coasted through it (well until we conceded and everyone in the ground felt the old panic set in).

The central trio of Dier, Dembele and Alli will boss the middle of the pitch.

I think we'll do them - they managed to lose 2-0 to Chelsea, and nobody loses to Chelsea this season.

Mason is not going to be match sharp for this type of game, he will get run ragged.

If we play at the tempo we played last night, we will get raped. The energy needs to be a lot better.
We need to pack the midfield, and try and hit them on the counter. Im hoping njie will be fit as he will be a good outlet to hit on the counter. Looks like rose is out so davies will start.

We were coasting on Monday night, maybe guilty of it a little too much at the point that we allowed them to come back in the game but we played at that tempo because that was all that was required against a very very poor Villa side. Even at 2-0 down they showed no intention to put any pressure on us in our own half.

If we were a more cynical side (and i'm not saying i want us to be) we would have just passed the ball around own half for 45 mins.

Woolwich are now second in the table of injuries. Bellerin being the latest, I think they are more prone at full back than most when their first choices aren't available. Gibbs and Debuchy have looked basic

No cunting Walcott or Chamberlian and no Ramsey, these three have all scored or played very well in recent NLD's, an injury to one of Sanchez, Cazorla or Ozil would go down a treat tonight but equally we are also looking a tad thin on numbers going into Anderlecht. Lets hope there are some powerful German tackles tonight flying in

:adelol: ... Please don't be jinxed, now ... :avbpray:

article-2130388-129e212c000005dc-760_636x381.jpg

I cant understand why there is conversation about a game on Sunday when we have an important game to play tomorrow night. Lets get EL played then look forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom