The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CTSYMDOU8AARmfY.jpg

At this point in the season I'd be happy with yet another draw.
Here's the reality.....
t72inV0.png

and our away record....
7CPtYpe.png

Our four HMFs & WBs will have their work cut out (see their SiB numbers, only bettered by MANC).
In our favour though we have the best away games SoTR in the league (77.3%) and, crucially, our SoT Ag (10) along with S'ton, is again the best in the league and by some distance.
SiB=shots in the box
SoT= shots on target
The longer we frustrate the scum the better.
rs_500x214-150415095549-Rq7GML4.gif

Before the game, I'd have taken 1-1.

Let's be positive: 3 games in 6 days, WWD, better team vs Woolwich. Many more pluses than minuses.

Poch is doing a wonderful job for us, long may it continue.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tott...ch-and-provides-a-sign-of-things-to-come.html

NORTH LONDON DERBY MILESTONES: 1887 SEES VERY FIRST LOCAL GAME BETWEEN TOTTENHAM AND Woolwich, AND PROVIDES SIGN OF THINGS TO COME…

Martin Cloake

2nd, November 2015

This coming weekend sees the first North London derby of this Premier League season and so, to fuel the build-up, Pies will be running a piece on great derby moments (from a distinctly Tottenham-specific perspective, such is Martin’s prerogative!) every day this week, together with some choice trivia and facts.

And lo, the first ever derby took place on Tottenham Marshes on 19th November, 1887. That said, it wasn’t strictly a North London derby – the proper, original fixture of course being Spurs vs Leyton Orient.

Anyway, the 1887 game in question saw the newly christened Tottenham Hotspur (the only true original North London side!) take on a team called Royal Woolwich that hailed from a munitions factory south of the river in Woolwich.

spurs-1897-400.jpg

Tottenham, circa 1897 (Photo via Historical Kits)

The Gunners put in a performance that would come to typify their playing style and ethos for years to come. After going 1-0 up, they proceeded to defend for the rest of the game, showing an early preference for the kind of boring ‘1-0 to the Woolwich’ football that Gooners would treasure for years.

The dull approach didn’t work, and with 15 minutes to go, Spurs were leading 2-1.

It was at this point that Woolwich’s players began to complain of ‘lack of light’ and got the match called off, thus establishing the tradition of prominent Woolwich figures claiming they “could not see the incident” whenever convenient.

Ahem.

We'ed all have taken a draw. The fact that we're disappointed to drop a point shows how far we've come. Think about this result last season where it was backs to the wall stuff from us. 6 days, 3 games, 7 points.

I'm just very happy that we are playing to a system, and have a coach who is able to be a man manager, improve the players at his disposal - something all his recent predecessors wouldn't be capable of, has a clue what he is doing, and a team supporting him who are all on the same wavelength.

Yesterday was as clear a reminder that a club, note that, a club takes more than a season to come together. For all those who were adamant we had the wrong manager, the past few weeks (more?) are clear examples of what happens when toys are kept in prams, and opinions allowed to ferment whilst a structure is implemented.

Unbeaten in 11 is one thing, that we are unbeaten and only improving something altogether different.

I'm a very happy Tottenham Hotspur fan.

I'm going to this one.

Spurs line-up:

[formation=433, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory][/formation]

:smesh::dude:

#COYS

Worst match thread ever, but let's smash those CUNTS!!

Last edited:
HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS GUY KEEP GETTING PAID!???!!

Merson's predictions: Victories for the top-four sides

"This is a big game for Tottenham and a big game for Woolwich after the embarrassment against Bayern. When you consider the manner in which they lost in Munich, if Woolwich were to lose you could say Arsene Wenger would come under pressure again. Saying that, I do expect Woolwich to win, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0

Insightful as ever Paul, you fucking cretin. Don't forget to pull your pants down before you go for a shit, remember the mess you made last time?

Back
Top Bottom