The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be some nice match ups in this one. Alli vs. Coquelin, Kane vs. Koscielny, Giroud vs. Alderweireld but the most important will be Sanchez vs. Dier.

This will be the first time ever that Sanchez will start against Tottenham so I'm sure he'll want to impress. Hopefully Dier is up for the challenge.

I just watched the first half of the Bayern game...woolwich are literally walking/jogging through this game...what a great advertisement for the Premier League.

Result will suit us psychologically though. We all know they "lack ze mental strength".

If they where going to throw the game then why did he take a full squad?!

I'LL. JUST. LEAVE. THIS. HERE.

6244.jpg

Result will suit us psychologically though. We all know they "lack ze mental strength".

If they where going to throw the game then why did he take a full squad?!
I have no idea...turned it off now...UEFA might wake up eventually but I doubt it...both competitions need an overhaul...the CL suffers from the same faces
year in, year out and Europa just isn't worth the time given the rewards.

Anyone else nervous that articles like this are starting to appear a few days before the North London Derby. Nothing like being set up for a fall!
To be fair, many pundits also think Man Utd could win the title. If it's possible for them, it's possible for us. I also think it's as unlikely we're going to win the title, just like I think the same towards Man Utd.

Anyone else nervous that articles like this are starting to appear a few days before the North London Derby. Nothing like being set up for a fall!

Not that i don't like to see us being bigged up, but this article is the sort of drivel that gives supporters a bad name.

I appreciate that it comes across more like opinion than fact, but shit like this gets printed and all of a sudden in the pub it's: "A few good results, and you lot think you gonna win the league this year!"

We're having a steady season with lots of positive signs, nothing more. If we'd have picked up some of the points that we could / should have done against Swansea, Leicester, The Dippers, Stoke and Man U then who knows.

Don't get me wrong i'm very pleased with the way that we've been playing, the manager is doing a great job and there is a "buzz" around the club again.

But fuck all this being stood up to be shot down nonsense. In fact, fuck the press full stop. Especially click bait bull shit like ESPN.

I cant understand why there is conversation about a game on Sunday when we have an important game to play tomorrow night. Lets get EL played then look forward to this.
Because, Grandad. It's the North London Derby and it's an important game against our most hated rival. It's the first fixture we look for when the season's fixtures come out and I've had a semi for the last week in preparation for it. I could give two flying fucks about what happens against Anderlecht. I'd take a 100-0 loss to Anderlecht for a 1-0 win over Woolwich any day of the week.

I just laugh when people trot out lines like us thinking we're going to win the league. Every single real Spurs fan I am friends with or related to is among the most pessimistic fuckers I've ever met. We usually spend most of the time in the pub before games talking about what could go wrong.

edit: this is RE Mouse's post. Messed up the quoting.

“I don’t think Bellerín will be available for Sunday,” Wenger said. “Koscielny has a small chance"

Both nailed on to start then.

“I don’t think Bellerín will be available for Sunday,” Wenger said. “Koscielny has a small chance"

Both nailed on to start then.
Wenger is such a cocker spaniel.

Whilst we're on the topic of the dirty shithead. He managed to blame Chris Coleman for Ramsey picking up an injury. Despite the fact that he came back fit from the International break. Played a full 90 minutes for the scum on the weekend, played 70 minutes in the CL and then picked up the injury.

Wenger is the sloppiest ballsack on the planet. Objectively, he might be an alright manager, but he's a completely shit bloke.

Anyone else thinking Davies for Rose in this match?
Not just for a more defensive minded player but because Rose has been poor recently.

Arsenals main pace players won't be available so I see no reason why.

Desperate for a win Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom