Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
We want more players who want to play for the shirt : We are getting there and it seems as if there is a really good team gelling occouring. If we have to chuck out some dead wood then so be it!

Saw earlier someone on Twitter claimed he deleted all mentions of spurs in his Bio and changed the pic to him in an England shirt.
Got loads of retweets and replies cunting andros off.

Then the man himself tweeted he didn't even have a bio and the pic has been there since March.

Fucking Twitter

Saw earlier someone on Twitter claimed he deleted all mentions of spurs in his Bio and changed the pic to him in an England shirt.
Got loads of retweets and replies cunting andros off.

Then the man himself tweeted he didn't even have a bio and the pic has been there since March.

Fucking Twitter

I was wondering what happened. I saw Townsend's reply but the original post had already been removed.

Wonder if he'll get some Monaco minutes. Onamah has already leaped over him on the depth chart.

At this point it's best for both parties if Townsend can find another club to get regular minutes.

Yeah I think he will be gone. Onomah and Pritchard can fill the gap.

It's funny, I forget about Pritchard every now and then, and then I get all excited thinking that we could have another really strong talent just off to the sides that could be yet another hopeful, young talent for the squad

I feel a bit sorry for Townsend. He isn't a bad guy really, just struggling to hit any form and get in the team, he's young and frustrated and lost his cool a bit. I think Poch dealt with it right and we'll see what happens. My feeling is that he probably isn't quite good enough to force himself into the team again, and so along with everything else we'll sell him to another team, or perhaps use him in a swap deal for somebody. But I do feel we should have a little more respect for him, he hasn't ever done anything against the club and always tried his best, just a shame that he never learnt to keep his shots down and on target.

I feel a bit sorry for Townsend. He isn't a bad guy really, just struggling to hit any form and get in the team, he's young and frustrated and lost his cool a bit. I think Poch dealt with it right and we'll see what happens. My feeling is that he probably isn't quite good enough to force himself into the team again, and so along with everything else we'll sell him to another team, or perhaps use him in a swap deal for somebody. But I do feel we should have a little more respect for him, he hasn't ever done anything against the club and always tried his best, just a shame that he never learnt to keep his shots down and on target.
I really think it's time for him to move on with the clubs best wishes, if it wasn't for him being here since he was a kid I doubt he would have got so long, if we are going to continue down the youth route we need to accept that it won't always work out

It will be a shame to see him go, but as previously said, not all youth products work out. Who do we think will take him? Someone in the championship?
I think he would do pretty well as a traditional winger, at least 3/4 prem teams that would take him at the right price, guess a lot depends on him being willing to move somewhere else, I imagine it's tough when spending ur childhood with one club

I heard a couple people say he's just not very bright... as in he can't take instructions well.

Initially heard that with AVB and wouldn't be surprised if he can't work out what Poch wants him to do. Compare that to someone like Son who is very intelligent tactically, makes a world of difference in a system like ours

Nothing against him, he's just not a fit in the current team and probably deserves to be playing. That, and he has some selling value that could go towards someone more directly useful, like a striker. I say sell and wish him good luck.

This thread is just fucking begging for a poll reset.

March of 2013 might as well have been a decade ago. I voted yes then, but I'd vote no now without hesitation.

Which feels sad to say because he's one of our oldest academy prospects, but again the flip side of that is that he's one of our oldest academy prospects. He has never come good for an extended period and he's much older than we sometimes fool ourselves into thinking.

I voted yes two years ago, its surely a no now. Sell him and throw on a buyback clause just in case he gets it together someday.

Very frustrating player to watch as he gives the impression that he has it all but seldom delivers and is a luxury we don't need.

If both AVB and Poch can't get him playing then sell on but its good that Poch is doing it amicably whilst confirming his authority.

I wish him well as an academy product and a decent enough guy!

:townhmm:

This thread is a great reminder that football supporters are no more loyal to players than players are to supporters. Not that I disagree with the general sentiment (Andros probably isn't the quality that Spurs want and will be moved on) but it'll be the same fonts here that are in an uproar the next time a superstar wants to leave because the club isn't up to their standards.

There's no loyalty in football. None. And it goes both ways.

Back
Top Bottom