Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Played well today. Good in defence and got forward, taking up some good positions, crossing was excellent, just a shame we had no forward on the pitch for the first 67 minutes!
I think he is worth a start against Leicester, they looked vulnerable to his crosses. Played well against Watford too.

I'm not scape boating Walker by any means for the Leicester defeat but he made a few errors that really disturbed our flow and brought a bit of nervousness into the team and extra pressure from the crowd. Its good we seem to now have an option in Trippier that can come in and impress and bring a different skill set to that position with his lightning quick crosses. That first touch cross volley toward Alli today was brilliant though fruitless. Glad he seems to have got over his early season nerviness with three good games in a row now:harrysmile:

Kieran has certainly improved as the season has progressed and had another good game yesterday

I was worried about him earlier especially in the Europa where he had a mare, Monaco I think

I think he's shown he can be relied on. I have no problems him pushing Walker, that's ultimately what he was bought for, to provide brilliant depth as well as experience. Next season, send Kyle Walker-Peters out on loan to get that sort of experience and make it a smooth transition.

Trippier has one of the best first-time crosses in the league... it's instinctive!
I remember seeing one of those compilation vids while he was at Burnley (before he signed for us) and wondered why Walker doesn't do that any more... he may not have Walker's pace, but Walker doesn't have Trippier's crossing ability... and I know what I'd rather have in the team!!! Trippier has a winger's mentality, and a bit like Rose... it wouldn't surprise me if he had started out his career as a winger either!

I think he compliments Rose or Davies on the left... Walker has some genuine competition now for his place... which has to be a good thing!

Walker stepped it up this season just knowing he had competition, now trippier has replied so it's again with walker to show us what he can do, I think this is how competition is meant to work

Walker stepped it up this season just knowing he had competition, now trippier has replied so it's again with walker to show us what he can do, I think this is how competition is meant to work
did he really step it up though? he still looks like a headless chicken in defence, still can't put a decent cross in, all he's got is pace

did he really step it up though? he still looks like a headless chicken in defence, still can't put a decent cross in, all he's got is pace
Yeah he stepped up and only a blind man could not see the difference this season, he still has his usual brainfarts I agree but he's put in some quality performances this season, not many times anyone has said that about him in the past but been mentioned abit this season not just by me

Kieran has certainly improved as the season has progressed and had another good game yesterday

I was worried about him earlier especially in the Europa where he had a mare, Monaco I think
Against Anderlecht he was a disaster no ?

First game from him where he looked really good and promising, tidy footwork and good crosses. But defensively he had it pretty easy, i wonder what he can do against decent wingers.

Yeah he stepped up and only a blind man could not see the difference this season, he still has his usual brainfarts I agree but he's put in some quality performances this season, not many times anyone has said that about him in the past but been mentioned abit this season not just by me

The problem is the brainfarts though. Anything good that Walker does is completely undone by his next brainfart. As long as he keeps making stupid errors I'll not be able to say he's improved.

The problem is the brainfarts though. Anything good that Walker does is completely undone by his next brainfart. As long as he keeps making stupid errors I'll not be able to say he's improved.
If someone makes 5 brainfarts per game one season, the next he reduces it to 1/2 and provides a few assists and shows some good defensive contributions at times you can't call that an improvement?

If someone makes 5 brainfarts per game one season, the next he reduces it to 1/2 and provides a few assists and shows some good defensive contributions at times you can't call that an improvement?

If you're making 5 per game you shouldn't be playing at all.

If you're making 5 per game you shouldn't be playing at all.
I agree completely but he was and he did on numerous occasions imo

As for trippier I like the fact that we have a different option to play especially against more defensive teams, would still like to see him having a go at corners also

Back
Top Bottom