Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - FA CUP 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what have i said thats so bad?
where did i say our seasons over?
i just said we can improve team selection/rotation.
What seems (I stress seems) obvious is that a lot of posters (& you are one of them) get a kick out of Spurs losing or playing badly because it means you can come back on here & crow about bad management. Whether it's Poch or ENIC or both. I have no sympathy for ENIC at all. Poch isn't perfect but he is a damn good fit for this club & for the fans. By all means join the "pissed off we are out of the FA cup" brigade. But it was one game that we could have had sewn up by half time but for the woodwork.

I may have you wrong mate, but SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 has a good point that certain people become more vocal when concentrating on the first loss in 9 games.

What you said in reply to him was utter shit.

Seriously? I mean...seriously?
You crawl from betwixt Sammy's cheeks every time there is some negative.

What the fuck is wrong with you mate?

Only the lamentables are happy with today.

But us happy clappers still think the season is very much alive.

So is there any good reason to come on here to glorify a bad result just to prove you & your ilk were right all along?
Betwixt is a sick word.

I hope so too, but they were terrible yesterday. I fear we might have gifted the scum the double today. No one else seems interested - certainly not us. That's two cups Poch has chucked us out of. I know it's league position that cements his reputation.

That's cynical, mate. On the other I might be naive :eriksenserious: But I honestly don't think Poch is interested in cementing his rep at this stage. Even if he was, I'd disagree. Trophies make his rep.

Proving with this young team that we can stay the distance over 38 matches and come very close will give this team more mentally even if we just go close and finish 2nd or 3rd, than a cup based on 6 matches/rounds will. Others may argue a cup counts for more and that'd be valid but I just happen to think - and agree - that Poch feels making damn sure we finish at least 3rd (and stay close to 1st) is utmost important for the development of both the club and this squad.

That's cynical, mate. On the other I might be naive :eriksenserious: But I honestly don't think Poch is interested in cementing his rep at this stage. Even if he was, I'd disagree. Trophies make his rep.

Proving with this young team that we can stay the distance over 38 matches and come very close will give this team more mentally even if we just go close and finish 2nd or 3rd, than a cup based on 6 matches/rounds will. Others may argue a cup counts for more and that'd be valid but I just happen to think - and agree - that Poch feels making damn sure we finish at least 3rd (and stay close to 1st) is utmost important for the development of both the club and this squad.

He should be trying to win trophies.

What seems (I stress seems) obvious is that a lot of posters (& you are one of them) get a kick out of Spurs losing or playing badly because it means you can come back on here & crow about bad management. Whether it's Poch or ENIC or both. I have no sympathy for ENIC at all. Poch isn't perfect but he is a damn good fit for this club & for the fans. By all means join the "pissed off we are out of the FA cup" brigade. But it was one game that we could have had sewn up by half time but for the woodwork.

I may have you wrong mate, but SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 has a good point that certain people become more vocal when concentrating on the first loss in 9 games.

What you said in reply to him was utter shit.
i know a lot of u will hate this.
but i think poch & the players have done amazing.
i made 1 negative comment about team selection/rotation. that was it.
you have jumped on the bandwagon.

I'd like to reappraise my relentless positivity. I think we'll go out of the EL before the semi final stages, and finish 3rd in the league.
Don't be a coward. The double is still on, believe. Not close to out first team today. NLD shaping as being HUGE

He did :allitongue: That's why ignore doesn't work on here. Too many posts make no sense, because you cannot see what's being replied to....
so u cant skim over or mentally ignore posters u dont like. clutching at straws now! pathetic reasoning!

i know a lot of u will hate this.
but i think poch & the players have done amazing.
i made 1 negative comment about team selection/rotation. that was it.
you have jumped on the bandwagon.
I don't hate it at all. I appreciate what you have just said. They have done "amazing". Your words... It invalidates any negative comments you make & renders those comments insignificant. what is so difficult about supporting the team through thick & thin?

He should be trying to win trophies.

In principle I agree. But with this season looking the way it is, I can live with securing that top 3 spot (and going full throttle for THAT trophy). Not having Thursday nights next season will make a world of difference, and I'll be way more pissed than I am now, if Poch rotates to heavily in the FA then.

Back
Top Bottom