Home to Swansea. 28-02-16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 1960/61 season was also a leap year season.
Just sayin'
Eh? No it wasn't. Unless you count 1960 instead of 1961. By that rationale, half of the seasons played have been 'in a leap year'.
:pochlol:

Buuuuuut...

THIS.

giphy.gif

Illuminati confirmed.

The Swansea coach, Alan Curtis, could only marvel at how well Tottenham played. “They were probably just too good for us, truth be told,” he said. “Spurs kept coming and coming and coming.

“It is a difficult place to come now, they are a terrific side. They’ve got pace, power and technical ability. We just kept being forced back by wave upon wave of attacks. They are so difficult to play against. There seems to be a belief in this Spurs side, and you could sense that from the crowd.”

So, with 11 games left, can Spurs overhaul Leicester?

“I thought they could win the title before the game,” Curtis said. “But having seen them up close, I think it even more now.”

:harryhmm:

Well, I had to miss the match for family reasons. Nothing too serious but I was supposed to be looking after my wife. The way I screamed, jumped and shouted when Rose scored put her in floods of tears. Plus, she had just brilliantly said that I should think about going to Dortmund. It's weird but I've never felt so good making someone I love cry. I adore this team so much.

I knew even at one down, that we would win.
I knew that the Salford team would beat Woolwich.
I knew that the east Midland provincial team would be aghast at yet another win by Spurs.
I knew when Alan Gilzean - yes, that's Alan Gilzean, ALAN FUCKING GILZEAN!
Came out onto the White Hart Lane turf. and reiterated "Once a Tottenham man. always a Tottenham man," I just knew that 'The King of White Hart lane' - and I was there when he was - knew what we knew.
That we will beat whoever you send against us, and as God is my witness, we will never go hungry again.

Sorry, got a bit emotional there with the Scarlett O" Hara quote, but, frankly my dear, . . . .

great that we just keep on going, really thought it wasn't gonna be our day with the amount of unconverted chances but got there in the end,

bring on the StateAid Spongers

Well, I had to miss the match for family reasons. Nothing too serious but I was supposed to be looking after my wife. The way I screamed, jumped and shouted when Rose scored put her in floods of tears. Plus, she had just brilliantly said that I should think about going to Dortmund. It's weird but I've never felt so good making someone I love cry. I adore this team so much.
Sorry to hear that. At least Tottenham cheered you up. :thumbup:

Brilliant! The atmosphere was great today, a year ago we'd have been booed off at 1-0. The fans stuck with the team, created a really good atmosphere and the players responded.
I think the fans are really starting to believe, today was a different atmosphere to the norm where everyone still thought we could come back and win it.
Once we got the equaliser it was never in doubt.

Big three points, makes it six league wins in a row and we seem to be hitting form at the right time. Players have so much belief and you never want to write them off.
We have a tough run of games but I wouldn't back against us doing it. Can't believe we're going in to March even with a chance.

We're really witnessing the start of something special.

Was at the game. We clapped the team off at half time. Urged the team on constantly. I was not sure whether he was being sarcastic so left it.

This!!! Seconds before the half time whistle I thought to myself.. "Scum-fans would be booing in a couple of seconds.. I hope we don't"

And there it was - clapping at the sound of the whistle! Well done WHL, and the atmosphere seemed really intense in the 2nd half. And looking at how the guys down there fought, it's no wonder!

Was at the game. We clapped the team off at half time. Urged the team on constantly. I was not sure whether he was being sarcastic so left it.

This is really really good to hear, I even had a mate in the Paxton who said the crowd even that end genuinely believed today, how could you not we dominated from start to finish

Love it

The Swansea coach, Alan Curtis, could only marvel at how well Tottenham played. “They were probably just too good for us, truth be told,” he said. “Spurs kept coming and coming and coming.

“It is a difficult place to come now, they are a terrific side. They’ve got pace, power and technical ability. We just kept being forced back by wave upon wave of attacks. They are so difficult to play against. There seems to be a belief in this Spurs side, and you could sense that from the crowd.”

So, with 11 games left, can Spurs overhaul Leicester?

“I thought they could win the title before the game,” Curtis said. “But having seen them up close, I think it even more now.”

:harryhmm:

Let's hope Wenger has same comments next weekend.

Rose said the players got a bollocking at half time 'for not showing Swansea enough respect, especially in the first twenty minutes" and I think that's spot on. It was my only gripe with today, we were a little bit too careless and sloppy at times. Second half we absolutely battered them.

Back
Top Bottom