The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think our youth showed a bit today at 2-1 up. Just needed to suck the life out of the game at that point. Just for a whole to get them tired. Instead they let us fans drove them on to commit to another goal and we paid for it

I stuck around to join the 'welcoming committee' outside the away fans entrance so didn't see any fighting. We assumed something had happened further back though as they took ages to turn up. Eventually I just fucked off into the stadium as didn't want to miss kick off on account of those pricks.

Mate it was all kicking off opposite the spurs shop. My dad wanted us to stick around for the memories! Hahha:harrylol:

You sure? Really did you think that?
10 men, against the team with the best defence in the league and they kept attacking, they had chances. If you'd ask me if they deserved a draw before we went 2-1 up I'd have said no, however afterwards, what they did was impressive, and after they equalised they were the better team.. with 10 men.

Give it a rest you fucking tart. Bully has been asking for a slap for years. It just so happens he got one today. You talk like he does about us then someone is going to catch you slipping eventually.

On topic, I know it's a prerequisite of being Spurs to mug off Woolwich's support but truly they are pathetic. Today, between our 2nd and their 2nd goal they didn't chant once, not once! They score and they're all jumping around as if they contributed. They are disgraceful.

How do you justify that support during a NLD away day with the league on the line? Utter tramps.

When Kane's goal went in I've never experienced anything like it. Not even Inter was like that.

What a day even if the result was disappointing.
you actually said something like the more hurt the better. But maybe i got it wrong.

In my lifetime Woolwich fans have always been quiet.
I do wonder if they used to be a lot more vocal & louder before the early 90s.
Or if they have always been pretty quiet.

Speak for yourself, brother.
I'm still pissed and being a fucking asshole to literally everyone.

Gutted beyond fucking belief.

Would have hated to have seen you if you watched spurs between 1996 and 2004!! You really wouldn't have enjoyed seeing Woolwich fuck us by 3 or 4

Don't rely on footballers for happiness, doesn't end well

Take the good times and hold onto them, move on from bad times, stiff upper lip my man, once more unto the breach dear friends!

10 men, against the team with the best defence in the league and they kept attacking, they had chances. If you'd ask me if they deserved a draw before we went 2-1 up I'd have said no, however afterwards, what they did was impressive, and after they equalised they were the better team.. with 10 men.
But they conceded 2 quick goals after they went down to 10 men. After that they had no choice. It was hardly a tactical masterclass. Oh well, I won't argue. Maybe I hate them more than you.

Would have hated to have seen you if you watched spurs between 1996 and 2004!! You really wouldn't have enjoyed seeing Woolwich fuck us by 3 or 4

Don't rely on footballers for happiness, doesn't end well

Take the good times and hold onto them, move on from bad times, stiff upper lip my man, once more unto the breach dear friends!
Well said, my friend.

Gutted. Simply not good enough the past two games. They wanted it more than we did in this game IMO.

I hate to say it, but it's looking like we're suffering from the late season wilt that all previous Poch teams have suffered. I think the past two results are going to really damage us. Sanchez should never have scored.

I'm fucked off.
Late season wilt? Thats the 42nd game we have played and there are still 11 games left, a potential 16 games to go if we go all the way in EL. Southampton didn't have EL football under Poch.
I mean surely everyone knew that the squad probably wasn't really equipped to go all the way in all competitions.
We have played the most games out of everyone in the top 4 since we played City away.
Everyone wanted us to play the best team in all comps, some slated Poch for fielding a weak team in COC. Maybe, if we wanted to win the league, we should have done a LCFC and fielded weak teams in the cups and EL.
That way our best team would have been fit and fresh for the league and had less risk of injury.
We have done really well to be doing this good.
It's obvious some are going to look tired if they play every game. Even when we rest players they come on for half hour or 45 mins. We have 8 core players, the first 8 in the list below - if Verts did not get injured.
It's basically pick your full backs and Dembele to get our team.
Take this into account when you read the list. Schmeichel, Albrighton, Vardy, mahrez, Morgan Huth and Kante. 7 LCFC ever presents. They have 30, 32, 29, 29, 28, 27, 29 apps in all comps ( PL/FA & COC) respectively this season.
These are the apps for our players for EL& PL:
Alderweireld 37 apps
Kane 35
Lloris 35
Alli 35
Dier 36
Lamela 34
Eiksen 32
Vertonghen 27
Son 26
Dembele 25
Walker 24
Chadli 24
Carroll 21
Davies 21
Rose 18
Mason 17
Trippier 14
Onomah 12
Njie 12
Wimmer 11
Bentaleb 7
Winks 2
Vorm 2

The only players who really are rested are the full backs. We haven't got 2 teams in this squad capable of playing well in the PL.

Ali is not even 20 and has played 35 games in his first season in PL. We seem to forget this is a kid learning his craft and some slate him for not performing outstanding each game. Even though he's scored 7 goals and 6 assists.

The CL is slightly different before that one is thrown out there.
Today Woolwich have played their 5th game from the 14th Feb ( when we played City away) playing in CL and FA cup.
Today was our 6th.

Not just they usually play either on Tue or Wed even in the KO stage ( and play league games on Sat Sun to cater for TV - for instance out of 6 CL games followed by a PL game Chavs have only played 2 on Wed/Sat. The others have had either 3 or 4 days between them ) they also split the last 16 ties over 3 weeks like a group fixture. Is this to maximise the games they can show of 'top' teams?
Woolwich played Barca in CL on 23rd Feb and then again on 16th March.
We played the our 2nd leg of 32 v Fiorentina on 25th Feb and will be playing the 2nd leg of 16 v Dortmund the day after Woolwich have completed their 2nd leg v Barca.

The EL is not.

Well said, my friend.

You got a kid going to college soon right? Wonderful, look around you they are the special people who make you what you are, Spurs should augment happiness, not be the sole source

I'll see you soon Eddie before the season is out, buying you a drink at a later kick off you name the game mate

Was it rough today?

Yes very but for Woolwich fans.. They weren't expecting what happened.. It was all over the place today before and after the match..police couldn't contain it at all. There was more than usual as ther were a few rumours flying about but it still wasn't enough.
They do it every year, get all gobby and then hide but today there was no hiding place for them.

Yes very but for Woolwich fans.. They weren't expecting what happened.. It was all over the place today before and after the match..police couldn't contain it at all. There was more than usual as ther were a few rumours flying about but it still wasn't enough.
They do it every year, get all gobby and then hide but today there was no hiding place for them.
That video from 2015 at the high road was hillarious. Kids with iphones hiding behind 2 chains of constables, shouting obsceneties.

Can't feel too bad for them if a few got their wings clipped.

but if its not labelled , how do u know what you are getting?
ignore me. I am just making my prediction based on previous teams who do this high intensity work rate.
I don't see how you can. I take it you never watched Espanyol week in week out. You could only be basing this on Southampton and I i recall correctly they never had any EL football under MP.
Like I have said before, we have played 42 games already, and have 11 to go. 16 if we go all the way in EL.
Southampton played 43 games in PL, FA and League cup in 2013/14.

To retain some positivity after a fairly bad week. It could well be a point gained today. There are two great chances ahead for 6 points and every reason to remain optimistic. Yes a draw frustrates, but staring at a defeat at half time and coming away with a decent point is nothing to be ashamed off, regardless of 10 v 11 or a ( rare ) Lloris mistake.

I feel there should be no expecting to beat this lot. They have world class players and are title challengers as are we, a draw is fair enough and credit to our own players for the shift they put in. We won't win the title here, it will be done when we play the likes of Stoke, Chelsea and Liverpool away. I'd take second and wins at Villa & home v Bouremouth. Then, let's see. Leicester ahead anyway today, so we can live without being top for 3 hours, it's where we are in 2 months that matters and we have every reason to be confident

Back
Top Bottom