The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were very rash today and made too many mistakes in the middle of the park. We've improved massively on last season, but there's still work to be done. I absolutely love this team and for some people on here to say we haven't changed is very disrespectful to Poch's work.
This season has been incredible and I'm enjoying every moment. We've had two relatively poor games on the back of a very tough period, come on.

Seriously though.

That 2 minutes between Alderweirelds and Kanes goals will go down as one of the greatest moments in a Spurs fans history. It was pandemonium and EVERYONE lost their shit. I think that's why the Sanchez equaliser and subsequent result hurt us all bad, because not only did it feel like 2 points lost, those 2 minutes DESERVED to be winning moments.

I don't see how you can. I take it you never watched Espanyol week in week out. You could only be basing this on Southampton and I i recall correctly they never had any EL football under MP.
Like I have said before, we have played 42 games already, and have 11 to go. 16 if we go all the way in EL.
Southampton played 43 games in PL, FA and League cup in 2013/14.
You forgot us last season too.
A lot worse in the 2nd half of the season.

A poor return from the last two games. Next two are absolutely must win for top 3/4 consolidation let alone title hopes. Let's win those games and see where we're at.

A poor return from the last two games. Next two are absolutely must win for top 3/4 consolidation let alone title hopes. Let's win those games and see where we're at.
Agreed.

Leicester have Newcastle (H) and Palace (A) and on paper based on form, they should win both. Palace AWAY won't be easy though I feel. Pardew knows he will be under pressure, his team have shown they can defend as they showed at White Hart Lane and you'd hope the likes of Adebayor will be looking to impress and improve Palace's fortunes. 4 points for Leicester and 6 for us over that period of time would just mean 3 points between us again (with us having a better goal difference).

But then we go into a VERY tough April. Leicester have 3 home games out of 4 in April. Southampton, West Ham and Swansea at home and they travel to Sunderland who will be fighting for their lives. Whereas we have to go to Anfield, play Man Utd at home, travel to Stoke and then West Brom at home.

One game at a time but you'd think Leicester will need a massive bottlejob to lose it from here.

5 points better off this year. 55 points wouldn't have seen us in the top four last season though.
shows how much the top teams in the premiership are regressing.
Leicester are top & the premiership is getting stronger apparently.
Probably only will be city in the QFs for the CL too.
The premiership needs to up its game.
More quality even if we need to sacrifice some entertainment value.

With the amount of money being pumped into the league and financial fair play, it will be interesting to see how the league pans out over the course of the next few years. With all this TV money I am sure I saw that the likes of Stoke will be within the top 30 richest clubs in the world etc.

I think City and Chelsea are having a one-off blip this season, though, and I expect them to stengthen significantly over the summer. Can't rule out United, when they're rid of Van Gaal, and Liverpool getting better under Klopp too. We can't allow ourselves to fall behind this summer, in terms of reinforcing the key needs of our squad (that forward, of course, and a holding midfielder as priorities).

With the amount of money being pumped into the league and financial fair play, it will be interesting to see how the league pans out over the course of the next few years. With all this TV money I am sure I saw that the likes of Stoke will be within the top 30 richest clubs in the world etc.
spend wisely & u can go far. & the smaller teams have a chance to do this.

Also will be new managers at city & chelsea so they will want to buy this summer.
Maybe new utd manager too.
Klopp will spend a lot too.
Its an unstable time in the premiership.
Lots of changes at the big clubs.

I think City and Chelsea are having a one-off blip this season, though, and I expect them to stengthen significantly over the summer. Can't rule out United, when they're rid of Van Gaal, and Liverpool getting better under Klopp too. We can't allow ourselves to fall behind this summer, in terms of reinforcing the key needs of our squad (that forward, of course, and a holding midfielder as priorities).
true. Hopefully get those signings in early.
But i said that last summer & we still not signed in either of those positions. So not sure if we will or not.

Id expect at least city or chelsea to be a lot better next season.
This may end up being a freak season where a leicester or us can win the title.
My not happen again in my lifetime that a team like leicester wins it (if they do).

With 10 men we should have battered them to pieces - very much terrible imv
And what if Wimmer had mistimed his tackle late on?
Could have been so so much worse imo. Yes we were ahead against 10. But the NLD doesn't throw up ordinary shit. Everyone's fired up and undeserving/unfortunate results happen despite the form team being the form team.

Anyway. Roll on Dortmund and the 7.55 to Cologne from Stansted.

Been on it since 10am after a heavy night on Friday just in....when we went 2-1 up I don't think I have ever experienced a crowd like that for a league game except Everton 85....and the rain came and it went flatt....can somebody tell me what happened to the fans?

For 14 minutes we were on top of the world

Cc0T81aVAAAbzRq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom