The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never known a club to have so many Nostrodamus' in one place!

Let's just enjoy this ride. Pochettino and the squad have belief they can do something special. Rather than sit around trying to work out result permeantations. Let's get behind our boys and roar them on to success!

Come on you fakin' Spurs!!!!

If Jayc1 Jayc1 really thinks Leicester are 99% sure of winning the title he should take advantage of the bookie's very generous odds of 4-11. 11 grand down to win 4 thousand with only a 1 in a hundred chance of losing? Of course he wouldn't because he doesn't really think that at all. He's just trolling. He even admits to enjoying winding people up. Pointless twat.

My point is (and I really don't know why I am being asked to explain this) is that Colonel_K said:

"Scum are 6pts behind us with a game in hand, we would still need to lose three for them to over take us. If it was level points we'd still be ahead due to our superior GD."

The fact that we would still need to lose three in order for Woolwich to potentially over take us is in fact highly possible. A lot of people on here seem to think that Spurs finishing 2nd or even champions is a done deal.

It's far from it.

Even more so as we actually only need to lose 2 games for them to get past us.

They have a game in hand to go 3pts behind, one defeat for us would mean we'd still be ahead on GD, two defeats and we could be behind them.

Someone - forget who - made the claim weeks ago that if Dembele played in the remaining matches we'd win the title. I'll steal it and expand a bit. You can pinpoint a few other essential players on both sides, but for me it comes down to two players on each sides. Whoever gets the most starts out of Dembele and Kane vs. Mahrez and Vardy will win it imho. If all four start the last 7, then it's a toss up and there's no predicting it.

Oh, and woolwich's got no chance. Fuck em :dembelefingers:

Even more so as we actually only need to lose 2 games for them to get past us.

They have a game in hand to go 3pts behind, one defeat for us would mean we'd still be ahead on GD, two defeats and we could be behind them.

And if we won our next two and they lost theirs, we'd be 12 points above them with their game in hand. This type of speculation is just daft.

If Spurs win it, Leicester can still be proud of what they've done.

If Leicester wins it, fucking all the other supporters are going to be jerking themselves off about how Spurs choked in the end. Won't matter than United, Chelsea, Woolwich and whoever else didn't even bother to offer up a fight in the end and finished even further behind. Goons will sing songs about it next season. That's how they'll comfort themselves at missing out on their oh-so-precious St. Totteringham's Day.

Come on You Spurs!

We got this. I genuinely think we will overhaul 5 points now it's a level playing field between us & Leicester. No more ropey league to juggle. In this Spurs I believe.
Their narrow wins are getting narrower.
We seem to be getting stronger.

Let's do this.

:walker-scream:

We got this. I genuinely think we will overhaul 5 points now it's a level playing field between us & Leicester. No more ropey league to juggle. In this Spurs I believe.
Their narrow wins are getting narrower.
We seem to be getting stronger.

Let's do this.

:walker-scream:
We mustn't allow the Woolwich go unnoticed. They will plod along winning their games without any pressure because everyone is looking at us two. The Woolwich are there to challeng and will look to win every game. Lets heap the pressure on.

Someone - forget who - made the claim weeks ago that if Dembele played in the remaining matches we'd win the title. I'll steal it and expand a bit. You can pinpoint a few other essential players on both sides, but for me it comes down to two players on each sides. Whoever gets the most starts out of Dembele and Kane vs. Mahrez and Vardy will win it imho. If all four start the last 7, then it's a toss up and there's no predicting it.

Oh, and woolwich's got no chance. Fuck em :dembelefingers:
Sorry - I get it now. yes you are probably right. However, the only player from that 4 likely to miss is Dembele, which means its over?

Sorry - I get it now. yes you are probably right. However, the only player from that 4 likely to miss is Dembele, which means its over?

Not necessarily. Like I said, it's a toss up, if both teams can keep their best players healthy, and that is the most likely scenario, so in essence it's further saying as someone else did, that we will/can win the title if Dembele stays fit.

On the other hand, as much as we rely on Dembele, Kane and others, Leicester are winning matches by finer margins and thus will most likely be hit harder than us if their key attacking players should miss out for a number of matches.

I can't see us winning the league. Stuff like that doesn't happen to Spurs or me. Do I think we have a chance? Of course we have a chance, the second best chance in the league (stating the bloody obvious). But I can't see anything other than John Terry scoring the winner against us and then an own goal to hand Leicester the title.

Chelsea won the league last season in the same vein Leicester are winning now. By keeping cleansheets and being solid. Grinding out wins is something Fergusons Man Utd were masters at. At the end of the day, Leicester have won more games than us and lost less than us. At the moment, they deserve it.

Goal difference divided by Number of wins minus Number of losses equals average... Let's call it 'win margin'.

Leicester atm: 1,4375
Chelsea last season: 1,7826

Leicester is scraping wins to a far greater extent than did Chelsea. Not only does the gd show us that, but pretty much every other stat as well.

For those interested, our 'win margin' this season: 2,4615

Leicester have picked the most points. We've been by far the best team.

How can we possibly "choke"? We are 5 bloody points behind Leicester. They'll have to choke super hard for us to even be granted the possibility to choke!

Leicester don't have to choke that hard. They have drawn 9 games and lost 4. They have drawn and lost a game in their last 6. They are winning games by one goal, not 2 or 3. In Leicester's last game, Crystal Palace hit the woodwork a few times and could've gotten a point and they are in terrible form. It is very possible in Leicester's next two games either Southampton or Sunderland are capable of taking a point off them because they are both in better form recently and have things to play for.

Simply put, I will not be surprised if Leicester draw and lose a game before the end of the season. I will not be surprised if we do either. I will also not be surprised if both teams win more or slip up more. It is simply a crazy and unpredictable position to be in. We have the best goal difference in the league and are now out of all competitions which were holding back our league form. We simply don't know how good we are yet. We know we are capable of winning every game put in front of us, and not just by one goal. We know Leicester aren't quite as good, but have been consistent in getting results by one goal.

Not necessarily. Like I said, it's a toss up, if both teams can keep their best players healthy, and that is the most likely scenario, so in essence it's further saying as someone else did, that we will/can win the title if Dembele stays fit.

On the other hand, as much as we rely on Dembele, Kane and others, Leicester are winning matches by finer margins and thus will most likely be hit harder than us if their key attacking players should miss out for a number of matches.
I guess it comes down to keeping every player fit especially your key players and hope they keep on form. Dembele , although somehow improves us, he hasn't really shown top form since he has come back. If he improves on his form, he will without doubt, be a big influence with the run in.

We've manage to get through to April, having lost 4, yes that is 4 games. However you see us losing 3 in our remaining 7? We have the best defensive record in the league, we are not a push over. We have the best GD and highest amount of goals scored.

We no longer have the distraction of other competitions unlike some teams we will be playing.

It's not luck that our statistics are the best in the league.
i think people get a bit fixated on losing.
A draw is still 2 pts less than a win.
We could easily draw a few too many more.

Despite what some people will tell u, more pts is better than being unbeaten.

i think people get a bit fixated on losing.
A draw is still 2 pts less than a win.
We could easily draw a few too many more.

Leicester can also draw, as mentioned above they are not smashing games and a few draws for them and the odd win for us pretty much puts us level. Not going to make any wild predictions but we are in the race. Better teams have been further ahead in the season and still not won. Nothing is done until May, we need to go out and play our game and see where that takes us. Have seen enough to know that we are a match for anyone on our day.

Back
Top Bottom