Liverpool Away - 02 April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Leicester lose to Southampton this is still on big time. I would say their last 6 fixtures are a bit tougher than ours. If they beat Southampton though it's pretty much finished

On the of MOTD coverage, Klopp had his arm locked around Kanes neck and talking to him. Kane seemed very uncomfortable with this. Whats was that all about? We dont need any advice from Mr Klopp.
Mr klopp is a fucking cunt and I genuinely hope he has a stroke

CfDvhsYWwAIP2qP.jpg
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg

how slow was that train back... anyway there were times yesterday when i looked at the scoreboard and would have taken a point...not ideal BUT liverpool did raise their game. a lot of players didnt turn up and we missed Lamela (again)

extra special shout out to the cunt in the main stand kindly pointing out how many euro cups they had won. as if you went or were even born . prize plum

how slow was that train back... anyway there were times yesterday when i looked at the scoreboard and would have taken a point...not ideal BUT liverpool did raise their game. a lot of players didnt turn up and we missed Lamela (again)

extra special shout out to the cunt in the main stand kindly pointing out how many euro cups they had won. as if you went or were even born . prize plum
If he wasn't born when they won the last one then he was a very ballsy 8 year old

If Leicester lose to Southampton this is still on big time. I would say their last 6 fixtures are a bit tougher than ours. If they beat Southampton though it's pretty much finished

As each week passes, I finding it differcult to ignore the other games. I hope we can keep with itl
The senario...they win today and again on Sat (before we play) 10 points a head.
Thay must start losing or drawing games.
Depressingly...The Woolwich win next week only one point behind.

Not sure what to feel. Here we go again, We can still do this, maybe LC will lose / draw, we beat Utd and Scum lose to WHU.
Who knows what fate lays ahead.
COYS

Anfield was always going to be a tough ask, so I won't complain about the draw though we clearly needed the points at this stage. If there are results we should feel pissed about, it would still be the ones like Newcastle at home, Leicester at home and the 10-men scum at home. Newcastle, at the Lane, for fuck's sake :pochfacepalm:
I completely agree. A point at Anfield when we have won something like 4 games there in 100 years isn't a bad thing. People are only disappointed because of how close we are to the top and the fact that we really need to win every game to have a chance at the league... but there are plenty of results to be disappointed about before this one. I thought we played well

I completely agree. A point at Anfield when we have won something like 4 games there in 100 years isn't a bad thing. People are only disappointed because of how close we are to the top and the fact that we really need to win every game to have a chance at the league... but there are plenty of results to be disappointed about before this one. I thought we played well
.....and keep a space between us and Woolwich.

As each week passes, I finding it differcult to ignore the other games. I hope we can keep with itl
The senario...they win today and again on Sat (before we play) 10 points a head.
Thay must start losing or drawing games.
Depressingly...The Woolwich win next week only one point behind.

Not sure what to feel. Here we go again, We can still do this, maybe LC will lose / draw, we beat Utd and Scum lose to WHU.
Who knows what fate lays ahead.
COYS
I very rarely watch a full match not involving Spurs, but I'm actually going to try to sit through Leicester vs Southampton today. Not a fixture I ever imagined watching.
Don't want to be one of those paranoid 'everyone hates us' type of fans, but I do wonder how much Southampton, West Ham and Chelsea are going to want to beat Leicester. I could see the last two's fans cheering on Leicester

the only players that didn't turn up were the ones that didn't travel or come on as subs.
What a fucking daft comment.
All of the players gave all they could, even the relatively hapless Son never stopped running or trying.

Liverpool are an efficient unit when motivated and have dangerous players, and only a complete twat would have watched that game thinking we were going to walk it. It was only ever going to be decided by an odd goal, and whilst we defended well and pretty much controlled the game, they came closer to settling it.

Why was the bloke goading you over their trophies a plum BTW? Is he the only football fan that winds opposition supporters up?
errm, no - I think there might be one or two others in Britain.
At least he had some substance to his wind up.

This was a game that show how far we've come, and that we're still not quite a typical league winner yet.

We've come so far that we can go to Anfield as favourites. We go there playing actual, brave, controlled, possession oriented football. When we get the 1-1 we clearly want another. We're there to win. We show that we are a better team than Liverpool, at their home ground.

However, as in other games against strong teams this season, we fail to bring our A-game to the big games. Particularly our most offensive quartet struggled. We were too sloppy on the ball in the final third, which meant a lot of what could've been great chances turned into nothing. Liverpool's defence showed how bad it can be, but we failed to take advantage, due to a bad day for all three of our AMs.

Some said before the game, though, that Anfield's pitch is almost as poor as Watford's. If that's true, then maybe that explains why Eriksen, Son and Alli seemed to have so much trouble controlling the ball.

the only players that didn't turn up were the ones that didn't travel or come on as subs.
What a fucking daft comment.
All of the players gave all they could, even the relatively hapless Son never stopped running or trying.

we see things differently then. he certainly did stop running. eriksen was superb? alli? ( a job was done on him straight away) dier? didnt make 1 single tackle

Liverpool are an efficient unit when motivated and have dangerous players, and only a complete twat would have watched that game thinking we were going to walk it. It was only ever going to be decided by an odd goal, and whilst we defended well and pretty much controlled the game, they came closer to settling it.

that they were, and yet rose chose to pass at the end so it was us who came close to "settling it"

Why was the bloke goading you over their trophies a plum BTW? Is he the only football fan that winds opposition supporters up?
errm, no - I think there might be one or two others in Britain.
At least he had some substance to his wind up.

he wasn't goading or winding me up, just thought it was funny, my comment clearly went over your head. i've seen it before, locals never do it

Last edited:
Not being argumentative, brother.
I rarely if ever disagree with you.
But.....

No matter the result tomorrow, a squandered 2 points is a squandered 2 points.
We should be applying maximum pressure on Leicester. Today's result didn't accomplish that, IMO.
We are a stronger squad than the victims. We needed the 3 points.
I know, man. But sometimes you do have to look at the individual match and weigh up what's reasonable. For this, I feel like it was equally possible for us to either win or lose the match in those last ten minutes - but if we had won, I think it'd have been very fortunate.

If we were Leicester, you can get we'd have gotten a last minute winner off someone's arse,

Unfortunately, we still have a United at home and Chelsea away to play in the next six, so it's gonna be one hell of an ask to close the gap on them.

I very rarely watch a full match not involving Spurs, but I'm actually going to try to sit through Leicester vs Southampton today. Not a fixture I ever imagined watching.
Don't want to be one of those paranoid 'everyone hates us' type of fans, but I do wonder how much Southampton, West Ham and Chelsea are going to want to beat Leicester. I could see the last two's fans cheering on Leicester

Southampton want points, they can still reach the top 5 and Europe. The Woolwich have played both semi final teams Eve/Wat how lucky is that-FAC is their Euro ticket not the PL so don't give a shite.?

One of the most frustrating things is that teams always always always turn up against us. The number of times it's looked like Leicester have caught a team by surprise, but we have to put up with their A game (and a worldie goalkeeping display) is excruciating.

This was a game that show how far we've come, and that we're still not quite a typical league winner yet.

THIS. I was thinking about this earlier. We're looking good, and we're improving as a team, but I do wonder if this season is simply too early for us. I mean, just look at how we had a slow start to the campaign.

I do wonder if this was a year that someone like Chelsea or Man City could have run away with the title - but for reasons this just didn't happen.
It's such a weird one, but I fully believe that Spurs will be going into next season with a lot more promise than Leicester. They are having the freakiest of freak seasons.

Back
Top Bottom