Utd at Home - 10/04 - 1600KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All 3 goals in real time ...

Those 5 minutes ...
that_was_awesome_tommy_boy.gif

Got into a nuclear argument with the knife over my escalating celebrations as the goals went in.

Good times.

Anyone got a spare sofa? Just for the night.

:ossie:

But Vardy - is the player every fan wants in their team (and please spare the "racist" crap) .
Not every fan? Its easy to come on here and be humble when your top. You play long ball football, over the top. When you lose the PL , come back then and be all nice and buddy. For me, your coming over all smug and condescending . Who really gives s fuch about your players?

Perhaps, but it was what you said before that which I disagreed with.
He really isnt good enough for international football. He is vey much one dimensional. He does well in the PL because he comes up against shite most weeks. Against us he looked out of his depth. Time will only tell if he chosen for this summer.

He really isnt good enough for international football. He is vey much one dimensional. He does well in the PL because he comes up against shite most weeks. Against us he looked out of his depth. Time will only tell if he chosen for this summer.
Whether or not he's your cup of tea for the England starting XI, he's at least good enough to bring to the Euros as an option.

Leave Rooney behind? I can get on that train all day long.

Against Germany he changed the game. In the Holland game he was the only bright spark in the starting 11. I am sorry but he is clearly good enough for international football. I suppose Alli is only doing well because he comes up against shite most weeks then?

Against Germany he changed the game. In the Holland game he was the only bright spark in the starting 11. I am sorry but he is clearly good enough for international football. I suppose Alli is only doing well because he comes up against shite most weeks then?
Quite agree.
He is in the form of his life & whilst he's a racist scumbag, his footballing attributes have been pretty spectacular this season. Don't like the bloke for his off the field antics (& that games room photo with the Vardy 9 pool table & name up in lights tells you all you need to know about the classless, tasteless, egotistical chav) but he's been impressive on the pitch for Leicester & England.
Anyone who denies that hasn't been watching him play.

There is no comparison between Vardy and Allls contribution for England - If you believe there is - what can I say? Alli has far more to offer and able to adapt and develop his game. Netherlands and Germany were at their best and Vardy was the master craftsmen, I think not. Because he runs around a lot, its seen as a "bright spark" .
I have to give in, he is a good PL forward that has suited LCs game plan but thats his lot.

Whether or not he's your cup of tea for the England starting XI, he's at least good enough to bring to the Euros as an option.

Leave Rooney behind? I can get on that train all day long.
You wouldn't, if it was full of Chaves supporters.

Rooney will go and Vardy will be left at home? I will agree he could be a squad player and used in certain ways. He is not good enough to lead the line and to play regular.

Mahrez does the special stuff - one of those players that does things nobody else can (and slightly and unfairly annoys you because he doesn't do it more often). But Christ, yes, he's been brilliant, if only because when he isn't doing much he occupies at least 2 defenders because everyone's terrified that he might.
But Vardy - is the player every fan wants in their team (and please spare the "racist" crap) because he gives absolutely everything, and delivers.
Btw, the other day I heard a radio interview with Dier from when he was about 16 at Porto(?)'s academy - sounded far more mature then than most pro's are after they retired. Impressive guy.
Poch has built a great team that doesn't use performance enhancing drugs and isn't dependant on galacticos.

I am unconvinced by Leicester. Their seemingly relentless energy in the middle of the park is suspicious.

The EPL has too much to lose by properly investigating a scandal, so chose not to. The English media establishment seem complicit in preserving English sport as being the last bastion of competitive purity.

The difference between good players and great players is found in the margins. If you pump Danny Drinkwater with drugs he might just develop a Gattuso-esque engine. Jamie Vardy might just have the legs to latch onto balls in Chiesa fashion that he'd otherwise miss.

Mahrez seems to have the X factor that drugs can't impact but apart from him their success is built on energy filled breaking football.

Drugs won't give you a tiki taka possession based game, but they might allow you to break forward at 100% for 90 minutes solid. And that's Leicester's game.

2nd place with our team (one so young and with such style) is a magnificent thing for all Spurs supporters to behold. I'm indifferent about winning the league. If Poch stays for the next 3 years I think we'll win the league more than once. This is a bold new era for us. Our team is younger than Fergie's fledglings were.

When the Times runs an expose explaining Leicester's turn of fortunes which is suppressed inside a week, and when that expose makes more sense than the supposed reality, I think we have some dirt on our hands as football supporters.

Apart from Mahrez, who has skill, they are an energy team - an energy team accused of using performance enhancing drugs.

It can be dismissed as a conspiracy theory, but Leicester's transition from zero to hero is more reasonably explained by an artificial factor like drugs. Usually the conspiracy appears as an unreasonable alternative. In this case, the conspiracy is the reasonable explanation.

The underdog narrative is good business for a competition which had become predictable and boring. Few want to disturb that.

Poch has built a great team that doesn't use performance enhancing drugs and isn't dependant on galacticos.

I am unconvinced by Leicester. Their seemingly relentless energy in the middle of the park is suspicious.

The EPL has too much to lose by properly investigating a scandal, so chose not to. The English media establishment seem complicit in preserving English sport as being the last bastion of competitive purity.

The difference between good players and great players is found in the margins. If you pump Danny Drinkwater with drugs he might just develop a Gattuso-esque engine. Jamie Vardy might just have the legs to latch onto balls in Chiesa fashion that he'd otherwise miss.

Mahrez seems to have the X factor that drugs can't impact but apart from him their success is built on energy filled breaking football.

Drugs won't give you a tiki taka possession based game, but they might allow you to break forward at 100% for 90 minutes solid. And that's Leicester's game.

2nd place with our team (one so young and with such style) is a magnificent thing for all Spurs supporters to behold. I'm indifferent about winning the league. If Poch stays for the next 3 years I think we'll win the league more than once. This is a bold new era for us. Our team is younger than Fergie's fledglings were.

When the Times runs an expose explaining Leicester's turn of fortunes which is suppressed inside a week, and when that expose makes more sense than the supposed reality, I think we have some dirt on our hands as football supporters.

Apart from Mahrez, who has skill, they are an energy team - an energy team accused of using performance enhancing drugs.

It can be dismissed as a conspiracy theory, but Leicester's transition from zero to hero is more reasonably explained by an artificial factor like drugs. Usually the conspiracy appears as an unreasonable alternative. In this case, the conspiracy is the reasonable explanation.

The underdog narrative is good business for a competition which had become predictable and boring. Few want to disturb that.
Dear me

Increasingly difficult to pick out the best player on any given day. Toby, Lamela, Rose, Moose, Walker - take your pick.

For mine, Toby has been the standout all season. Barely puts a foot wrong and LOVES a goal. Absolutely world class CB.

Also really impressed with Eriksen. He has played like a new and improved Ratboy since Christmas and doesn't get the credit he deserves for the major influence he has over games.

No Mrs P we didn't boss them throughout the game. For the first hour we were out fought and out competed.
If any one disagrees with that then you weren't watching. Danny Rose was prolly the best player on the pitch today. Today showed that it's a bit of a luxury playing Lamela and Eriksen in the same team as Dier and Dembele were right up against it.
PROLLY - fucking PROLLY?
you type shit and then use that word, and presumably hope people will take you seriously?
Throwback.

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

I fucking love this team. To be honest I don't care that much about the title anymore since Leicester got all the luck this season, to have the best attack, the best defence, the best GD, play the best football in the league and still not win the thing, it's very unlucky. We would deserve to be champions, we've shown that we deserve that, but that's it. I just want as many wins as possible for the rest of the season and hopefully we will finish ahead of those Woolwich scumbags. COYS!

I hope people talking about Leicester and performance enhancing drugs are kidding. What a sad state of affairs.

We've been great, absolutely brilliant and breathtaking at times, but so have they. We've got a team built to last the ages, they haven't. If we win it this season which seems unlikely then great, but if they do, then it'll be once in a lifetime and they'll deserve it.

People complain about their style and they have been jammy lately and against us, but some of their performances like City away has been as good as anything we've put forward. And that says a lot. Statistically our two teams have been far and away the best.

Mahrez on his day looks just about one of the classiest players we've had in the league in such a long while.

Back
Top Bottom