Utd at Home - 10/04 - 1600KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has built a great team that doesn't use performance enhancing drugs and isn't dependant on galacticos.

I am unconvinced by Leicester. Their seemingly relentless energy in the middle of the park is suspicious.

The EPL has too much to lose by properly investigating a scandal, so chose not to. The English media establishment seem complicit in preserving English sport as being the last bastion of competitive purity.

The difference between good players and great players is found in the margins. If you pump Danny Drinkwater with drugs he might just develop a Gattuso-esque engine. Jamie Vardy might just have the legs to latch onto balls in Chiesa fashion that he'd otherwise miss.

Mahrez seems to have the X factor that drugs can't impact but apart from him their success is built on energy filled breaking football.

Drugs won't give you a tiki taka possession based game, but they might allow you to break forward at 100% for 90 minutes solid. And that's Leicester's game.

2nd place with our team (one so young and with such style) is a magnificent thing for all Spurs supporters to behold. I'm indifferent about winning the league. If Poch stays for the next 3 years I think we'll win the league more than once. This is a bold new era for us. Our team is younger than Fergie's fledglings were.

When the Times runs an expose explaining Leicester's turn of fortunes which is suppressed inside a week, and when that expose makes more sense than the supposed reality, I think we have some dirt on our hands as football supporters.

Apart from Mahrez, who has skill, they are an energy team - an energy team accused of using performance enhancing drugs.

It can be dismissed as a conspiracy theory, but Leicester's transition from zero to hero is more reasonably explained by an artificial factor like drugs. Usually the conspiracy appears as an unreasonable alternative. In this case, the conspiracy is the reasonable explanation.

The underdog narrative is good business for a competition which had become predictable and boring. Few want to disturb that.
jesus christ man :pochfacepalm: i'm also pissed that Leicester are doing so well in this particular year. but that is just plain sad and cringeworthy:carrollwtf:

jesus christ man :pochfacepalm: i'm also pissed that Leicester are doing so well in this particular year. but that is just plain sad and cringeworthy:carrollwtf:
I think it's okay to look at Leicester's improbable turnaround, hear the rumours of doping that recently came up, and raise an eyebrow at it all.

Putting two and two together, it's not impossible that there are shenanigans going on in the East Midlands... but SausageVince SausageVince , it's not like anyone can act as if it's definitely happened and there's a giant conspiracy.

All we can do is take it at face value that their achievement is completely deserved, and congratulate them on it should they win the title. I do believe that, in spite of however we feel right now while the chase is on, we'll all be able to applaud whoever wins in the end, and be sporting about it.

Though that's exactly what someone who knew about a conspiracy would say.
:adeninja:

Listening to Van Gaal saying we were fortunate and they had better moments than us makes me laugh. I've sat for years and years and watched how Spurs stuck it to ManU for most of the game only to be done by counter and then in the same fashion we would concede two or three more in a few minutes. Now the tables are turned and because we did it they make light of it.

I thought Spurs dominated the first match this season. United had Zero shots on goal as I recall.

I thought Spurs dominated the first match this season. United had Zero shots on goal as I recall.
Yeah, but they're a bigger club and bigger clubs have bigger....errrm clubs? No, no - bigger stadiums.......... - look, they are just much better, even now, and they should have the 3 points - despite the 3 goal difference at the end.
We were lucky to get away with not getting a bigger beating.

I think it's okay to look at Leicester's improbable turnaround, hear the rumours of doping that recently came up, and raise an eyebrow at it all.

Putting two and two together, it's not impossible that there are shenanigans going on in the East Midlands... but SausageVince SausageVince , it's not like anyone can act as if it's definitely happened and there's a giant conspiracy.

All we can do is take it at face value that their achievement is completely deserved, and congratulate them on it should they win the title. I do believe that, in spite of however we feel right now while the chase is on, we'll all be able to applaud whoever wins in the end, and be sporting about it.

Though that's exactly what someone who knew about a conspiracy would say.
:adeninja:
One word to explain their turnaround this year......Kante. He has been brilliant and would have made any team in the PL, including ours, better.

3 goals in 6mins!
Got to be up there with defoe's 7min hat trick.
& The 2 goals at the end of the 4-4 Woolwich draw.
Classic short bursts of goals.

mmmmmmm the plot thickens .
6407058-1.jpg

Read a great comment in an article yesterday. The article talked about how United played us at our own game, pressed us high up the pitch, and were the better side for the first 20 minutes.

Then, it said, we took control of the game before smashing them to bits. "That's the problem with attempting to out-press Spurs... sustaining that performance for 90 minutes is almost impossible."

Read a great comment in an article yesterday. The article talked about how United played us at our own game, pressed us high up the pitch, and were the better side for the first 20 minutes.

Then, it said, we took control of the game before smashing them to bits. "That's the problem with attempting to out-press Spurs... sustaining that performance for 90 minutes is almost impossible."

In a way, it's a compliment to Pochettino and his tactics. A manager has come to WHL and tried to use the same tactics which have been so successful. But it just proves that it really is something so hard to play for 90 mins and that it takes an incredible amount of time and effort for the players to be able to play that style for 90+mins for 40+ games a season.

This is why I'm yet to write off players like Son, who is yet to have a full preseason with Poch. The benefit of Poch getting his signings in early is huge and needs to be done again this summer.

Interestingly that would be a description of how often we used to play against Utd and then get tonked.

Under Pochettino the very definition of Spurs as a club is changing. Never felt this good under Redknapp or AVB first season.

"Lads it's only Utd"

I only got the MOTD2 view of the game but before the game I could not see a 3-0 scoreline to be honest there was some noise for that first goal wow it was like a bottle bursting

I keep watching the extended highlights and apart form those glorious treble of goals (cannot get enough of them) my best bit is when Poch shakes LVG hand and the look that LVG gives out (get me out of here this is my worst nightmare) is priceless

We didn't even get to see Memphis vs Walker! That was a proper handbags moment. You could see neither was actually going to start swinging for fear of being sent off.

Back
Top Bottom