Utd at Home - 10/04 - 1600KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People saying Leicester are top because of drug use - do yourselves a favour and don't go on about that in public. You'll only make yourselves look like sore losers. We're at the point now where we should not worry about the title so much and get back to realising how ecstatic we should be with this season.

Let's finish second in the league, above the scum, the mancs, Chelsea, Liverpool, and head into the Champions League looking forward to a great future.

People saying Leicester are top because of drug use - do yourselves a favour and don't go on about that in public. You'll only make yourselves look like sore losers. We're at the point now where we should not worry about the title so much and get back to realising how ecstatic we should be with this season.

Let's finish second in the league, above the scum, the mancs, Chelsea, Liverpool, and head into the Champions League looking forward to a great future.
Absolute nonsense, who comes out with shit like that?

everyone knows its because their club witch doctor buried a dead fox under our centre circle at midnight on a full moon.............
bastards!

Wasn't there a chap on this forum a few years back who's every other post was about performance enhancing drugs and everyone who was "clearly on them"?

Did I imagine it or did he say he gave debuts to many of our current players? Who was it, League debuts for Kane and Bentaleb maybe? His ego knows no bounds.

I don't think Frank Sidebottom did no.

TS on the other hand , he just believes his own version of history

What pleased me most about yesterday's match was our response to a slow start. There was no sense of panic, on the pitch or in the stands. Once we reached 25-30 minutes we gradually exerted our superiority to the extent that they were fortunate not to go in a goal or two down.

What was pleasing after that was our utter ruthlessness. It was aided by the injury to Fonsu-Mensah who I thought was immense in his reading of the game but that only tells part of the story. The goals were all special. Each one was indicative of our play this season. The free-kick came from Kane's inability to let the ball go without a fight. He does this better than any striker in the PL.

If we don't win the league I, for one, will not be sitting here thinking 'what if' as Leicester have been relentless, little we can do about that, but we haven't exactly been slouches, and it is to our entire Club's credit that we go into the final five matches with a top four position looking ever more secure (yesterday's result was more important than I think some had credited it with United potentially gaining 6 points on us with their game in hand considered.) and a title challenge still very much in the offing.

I don't think Frank Sidebottom did no.

TS on the other hand , he just believes his own version of history

His turn around in regards to Lamela. He works hard, he's happy for the boy etc...

If I remember correctly Sherwood thought Lamela was a waste of money, not seen him play, refused to pick him etc...

Tim Sherwood under pressure from Tottenham hierarchy to give Erik Lamela more playing time

Nice Kane quote at the end though and that one has proven to be very true.

My 18 month old daughter fell asleep on me at about 67 mins...

I am the master of those silent celebrations that are required when a child is sleeping on your chest where you just tense everything up and almost pop an eyeball.

Did LVG really say that we are in false position? If he did he's an even bigger cunt than I thought. So glad we missed getting that prick.

For the first 20-25 minutes United were all over us, albeit without actually posing much threat. We then grew into the game and obviously the turning point was when their full back was fucked; and we then took full advantage, courtesy of the Lamela show - who can dispute his importance this season?

I must admit seeing Jan's name on the team sheet was a worry, and I feel desperately sorry for Wimmer - who has hardly done a thing wrong - but Jan was composed and consistent. Is that more about Toby though?

It's going to be a great run in, regardless of whether we actually catch the foxes and we have achieved so much. Incredibly proud of the team. Let's do what we can, and make sure we finish above Woolwich now, and hope that the others help us out a bit. :D

Erik Lamela has been voted Man of the Match by our fans after his electric performance in the 3-0 win against United on Sunday.

MAN OF THE MATCH RESULT - UNITED HOME
Erik Lamela - 42.68%
Toby Alderweireld - 20.74%
Mousa Dembele - 19.44%
Danny Rose - 17.14%.

(Dembele should have had more votes than that in my opinion).

My 18 month old daughter fell asleep on me at about 67 mins...

I am the master of those silent celebrations that are required when a child is sleeping on your chest where you just tense everything up and almost pop an eyeball.
Haha i know that feeling , the most intense celebrations are the one where you just sit there with that sleeping adorable innocent child and in the meantime your head is raging with insults, cheers and evey muscle in your body is so tense that one simple moment would make you a human spring and a paddy spur paddy spur type of dad

Symptomatic of how much we frustrated the United side by the end of the match. Fucking love it - they've become one of my most hated sides.

giphy.gif

People complain about their style and they have been jammy lately and against us, but some of their performances like City away has been as good as anything we've put forward.
I respectfully disagree with this point. It should not be discounted just how terrible Man City were in that match - their defending was diabolical and gifted Leicester that game.
Sod's law, Kompany came back the following week against us and they were much improved - though we still managed to beat them!

Btw that yellow for Walker was such a telling example of excuse refereeing, Walker actually contained Memphis who was going completely bonkers. But still he gets yellow carded, if he would have gone in like Memphis did then yes but what he did was quite the opposite.

Haha i know that feeling , the most intense celebrations are the one where you just sit there with that sleeping adorable innocent child and in the meantime your head is raging with insults, cheers and evey muscle in your body is so tense that one simple moment would make you a human spring and a paddy spur paddy spur type of dad
The irony of having a Belgian lecturing me on parenting skills
:dembelewtf:

You probably right get proper death stares from the missus if I wake up the kids screaming. Last one was driving and celebrating at the same time as west ham went 3-2 up against the scum

"for fucks sake keep your hands on the wheel"

The irony of having a Belgian lecturing me on parenting skills
:dembelewtf:

You probably right get proper death stares from the missus if I wake up the kids screaming. Last one was driving and celebrating at the same time as west ham went 3-2 up against the scum

"for fucks sake keep your hands on the wheel"
Mine gets it, she loves football too but when Eriksen scored against City i went a bit OTT and the little one got very scared. So i tend to try and control myself now a bit more

Back
Top Bottom