Utd at Home - 10/04 - 1600KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very happy bunny here, so pleased with both performance and result. I thought we bossed them throughout the game, apart from maybe the first ten minutes or so, don't think Hugo had much to do. Glad we stayed patient, and got the result we deserved - how sweet was that sexy six minutes when we scored three times! Again, very difficult to choose a Man of the Match - so many candidates - maybe Lamela just edged it over Moussa, but every single one of them played their part. Was surprised that Jan played but he didn't put a foot wrong and can't believe that was his first game in months. Ref was useless. Would have been nice if Sunderland had nicked at least 2 points off Leicester, but can't have everything, I suppose. I can only see them dropping points after they have secured the title TBH, and although I haven't totally given up on catching them, it's looking more unlikely as each game goes by.
Mike Dean was disappointing, didn't celebrate any of our goals.

On a funny note, I had a word with a big Tony one of the merchandise sellers on the high road and told him he needs shooting for selling the half and half scarves, he told me that he hates them and the people who bought them need shooting.. He had a point, saw quite a few in the ground today.
As bad as selfie sticks..

Wouldn't it though. Shame that Lamela, Mahrez, Dembele and Kante were born in the wrong place.
Can't have everything, I suppose. Smalling looked a really good defender today, better at CB than I'd previously thought.

On a funny note, I had a word with a big Tony one of the merchandise sellers on the high road and told him he needs shooting for selling the half and half scarves, he told me that he hates them and the people who bought them need shooting.. He had a point, saw quite a few in the ground today.
As bad as selfie sticks..
Especially when it's a team with red colours.
:walker:

No Mrs P we didn't boss them throughout the game. For the first hour we were out fought and out competed.
If any one disagrees with that then you weren't watching. Danny Rose was prolly the best player on the pitch today. Today showed that it's a bit of a luxury playing Lamela and Eriksen in the same team as Dier and Dembele were right up against it.

Been on the piss all day. Missed the game and only picked the result up afterwards.

Fucking COYS.

FUCKING COYS!!!!

Don't really have the time to play catch up. Some one fill me in? I take it we had 30 pages of "Lamela / Walker / next scapegoat misplacing a pass is shit before Utd capitulated and we FUCKING SCORED 3 GOALS IN 6 MINS AGAINST THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.

Glory Glory my friends.

I think Vardy is more important than Mahrez for you. His pace is vital on the counter attack.
Mahrez does the special stuff - one of those players that does things nobody else can (and slightly and unfairly annoys you because he doesn't do it more often). But Christ, yes, he's been brilliant, if only because when he isn't doing much he occupies at least 2 defenders because everyone's terrified that he might.
But Vardy - is the player every fan wants in their team (and please spare the "racist" crap) because he gives absolutely everything, and delivers.
Btw, the other day I heard a radio interview with Dier from when he was about 16 at Porto(?)'s academy - sounded far more mature then than most pro's are after they retired. Impressive guy.

No Mrs P we didn't boss them throughout the game. For the first hour we were out fought and out competed.
If any one disagrees with that then you weren't watching. Danny Rose was prolly the best player on the pitch today. Today showed that it's a bit of a luxury playing Lamela and Eriksen in the same team as Dier and Dembele were right up against it.

No, we were shit first fifteen minutes and then gradually found our way into the game. We started the second half very well.

What an unbelievable load of nonsense.

Lamela a luxury player? He was all over the park, chasing and tackling. He ran the furthest of any player on the pitch and made more succesful tackles than any other Premier League player this weekend.

I'll agree that they were better in the first 25 minutes, but after that we had the upper hand and created several good chances. They had one chance all game, and that was from a bit of individual brilliance by Martial.

Come on. That ship has sailed.

Even if we win ALL of our remaining games (unlikely), Leicester may still only win 2 out of their remaining 5 games.

3 people agreed with this. We win our last 5, we have 80 points. Leicester win 2 they have 78. I know we won't do it, but please get the maths right - this coupled with the amount of 'fans' that still don't understand the CL qualification rules after numerous explanations make me wonder about the seriousness of some board members. It's like they don't really give a shit - god forbid.

What an unbelievable load of nonsense.

Lamela a luxury player? He was all over the park, chasing and tackling. He ran the furthest of any player on the pitch and made more succesful tackles than any other Premier League player this weekend.

I'll agree that they were better in the first 25 minutes, but after that we had the upper hand and created several good chances. They had one chance all game, and that was from a bit of individual brilliance by Martial.
Ok I'll bring it down to the first half but it was touch and go till we scored.

3 people agreed with this. We win our last 5, we have 80 points. Leicester win 2 they have 78. I know we won't do it, but please get the maths right - this coupled with the amount of 'fans' that still don't understand the CL qualification rules after numerous explanations make me wonder about the seriousness of some board members. It's like they don't really give a shit - god forbid.

Hi Joe.. The math is correct. Perhaps "may" was the wrong word - you know I'm not a native speaker.
Point being, that even if we win all of our games, Leicester is not "allowed" to win more than 2 games. 'Cause if they win 3..
Well, you get the point.. :dierno:

Still got some sort of hope that they'll stumble and we win it of course, but champions or not, I couldn't be more proud of the team/manager/club.

Hi Joe.. The math is correct. Perhaps "may" was the wrong word - you know I'm not a native speaker.
Point being, that even if we win all of our games, Leicester is not "allowed" to win more than 2 games. 'Cause if they win 3..
Well, you get the point.. :dierno:

Still got some sort of hope that they'll stumble and we win it of course, but champions or not, I couldn't be more proud of the team/manager/club.

I'm confused - they need 3 wins. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom