The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

Lol you head's gone mate. Your boys have been erring insane decisions this season. And every single TV broadcaster wants a Leicester win. Or have you missed the million fairy take montages this past few weeks? They want you to win because it's good for their global product. A true underdog dog story the world has never seen. Or, you know, spurs win the league.

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.
Utter bollocks.

I figure....both teams win next week.

They will lose to Man Spew. We will beat Chelsea ( the final hoodo ended and JT retires having that pleasure on his shoulders)

they draw with Everton. We beat Southampton

We both win final day. Title is ours on goal difference.

Why not ?

From a fan of a team that the refs have been allowing to have two goalkeepers on the pitch at times in the past couple of games.

I didn't know the Ref from your game and the FA could do all this:

GcZw97b.jpg

Whilst I have conceded, and happily too, in the Stoke thread, that I was wrong about us not being able to show Champions form and kill off strong, mid-table teams, I still don't think we can win the title.

I'm ecstatic our performances are now such a free-flowing joy to watch, but I don't see how we win.

4 games and 5 points, assuming we win all our games, lands us on 80 points.

Leicester, as far as they stumbled against Spam, and even with Vardy banned, seem like they'll have too much for Swansea fighting for nothing. It is imperative they lose points earlier because that's when more teams have more at stake. But it seems they'll go into the final three games with a 5 point lead.

United are our best prospect, so they have to be in the fight for CL, and with Vardy perhaps banned again, hope they can eke out a win. Leicester have to lose to someone.

Everton just seem like pushovers and the Chelsea match has felt like a coronation of old to new titleholders since December.

I believe in us, but I don't think Leicester are going to implode as we seem to need. Personally think it relies on Swansea picking up points. I feel Everton and Chelsea are going to be outfought.

Whilst I have conceded, and happily too, in the Stoke thread, that I was wrong about us not being able to show Champions form and kill off strong, mid-table teams, I still don't think we can win the title.

I'm ecstatic our performances are now such a free-flowing joy to watch, but I don't see how we win.

Leicester, as far as they stumbled against Spam, and even with Vardy banned, seem like they'll have too much for Swansea fighting for nothing. It is imperative they lose points earlier because that's when more teams have more at stake. But it seems they'll go into the final three games with a 5 point lead.

United are our best prospect, so they have to be in the fight for CL, and with Vardy perhaps banned again, hope they can eke out a win. Leicester have to lose to someone.

Everton just seem like pushovers and the Chelsea match has felt like a coronation of old to new titleholders since December.

I believe in us, but I don't think Leicester are going to implode as we seem to need. Personally think it relies on Swansea picking up points. I feel Everton and Chelsea are going to be outfought.
Thing about Swansea... you never know.

They're a team who has beaten Chelsea and Woolwich in the past couple of months (then proceed to lose 3-0 to Newcastle). Here's hoping that Agent Sigurdsson will do us a massive favour.

They will lose to Man Spew. We will beat Chelsea ( the final hoodo ended and JT retires having that pleasure on his shoulders)

Why not ?
That's the thing though mate. I just don't trust Everton to get a result against them away from home and them playing Chelsea on the last day is a pisstake because I just don't think Chelsea will show up for them and it'll be an easy three points for Leicester. I'm hoping Gylfi can do us a favour next week and I'm fairly certain they'll mess up at Old Trafford.

Why not ?
one game at a time?

One gane at a time?

I feel we are all getting ahead of ourselves. Lets enjoy beating Stoke, a massive win. Lets see where we are after we play WBA which is never easy. It will be another very tense weekend next week. We have 7 days to deal with, we musnt get carried away.
COYS.....Believe!

Let's assume both teams are equal on points at 77(Leicester getting 4 pts from 3 games and Spurs getting 9 from theirs) before the last game. Will Chelsea prevent us from winning the title on goal difference by letting Leicester thrash them at least 30-0? :rolleyes::D

Let's assume both teams are equal on points at 77(Leicester getting 4 pts from 3 games and Spurs getting 9 from theirs) before the last game. Will Chelsea prevent us from winning the title on goal difference by letting Leicester thrash them at least 30-0? :rolleyes::D
Fabregas clearly said on Sky sports news " I don't want Spurs to win the PL" . I wish the Chaves had nothing to do with the run. in They have no integrity, a team full of mercenaries and JT.

Lets assume nothing. I really feel we will tempt fate predicting results and outcomes. One game at time. Against WBA we must get all 3 point again or its all off.

Thing about Swansea... you never know.

They're a team who has beaten Chelsea and Woolwich in the past couple of months (then proceed to lose 3-0 to Newcastle). Here's hoping that Agent Sigurdsson will do us a massive favour.

I always dread us going to Swansea and relish Scum's games down there.

Horrible place to go, just partly because it's so far away and not even in England.

Great result for you last night, powerful statement of intent, etc etc. Didn't see it as I was on a train - by the time I got home you were already 2 up so you'll understand I really didn't fancy watching it!

Dreadful 24 hours for us. Perfect shitstorm of everything that could possibly go wrong, did. And I think the pendulum has swung your way, certainly in terms of momentum, which is massive.

But would I have taken where we are now at the start of the season - at Xmas - even 5 games ago? To be 5 clear, with a real shot at the title? Too fucking right I would. Even without Vardy for 2 games I think we're capable of getting 2 wins out of 4.

Christ though, it's going to be tight!

Swansea are on holiday and Chavs are playing the kids already so I don't expect any favours there

Only chance remains Utd and Everton

Back
Top Bottom