Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There will be a minimum of 23-25m we'll need to pay Roma regardless of add ons and clauses, if we have or not already is another matter but believing that Levy is a man with a plan is hilarious, the bloke is a bellend who allowed a manager to spend close to a 100m on new players and sacked him before Christmas had even arrived.

The beauty of the DoF system...the manager can go without the usual exodus

Lamela does have that X factor as mentioned previously, if it can be harnessed like it was playing for Roma then maybe we have our own Ozil but a younger version.

To get the best out of Lamela, you of course have to give him a run of games, but in the free role position, slightly in front of Eriksen and behind Ade/Soldado. In a 5 (width from wing-backs) 1-3-1 away!

Walker-Vlad-Daws-Vert-Rose (5)
Sandro (1)
Lamela-Eriksen-Bentaleb (3)
Ade (1)

Home: 5-3-2

Townsend for Lamela. Slodado for Bentaleb!

To get the best out of Lamela, you of course have to give him a run of games, but in the free role position, slightly in front of Eriksen and behind Ade/Soldado. In a 5 (width from wing-backs) 1-3-1 away!

Walker-Vlad-Daws-Vert-Rose (5)
Sandro (1)
Lamela-Eriksen-Bentaleb (3)
Ade (1)

Home: 5-3-2

Townsend for Lamela. Slodado for Bentaleb!
SLOWdado?:soldadowtf:

CL qualification will come down to a couple of points, gotton by a couple of goals in a couple of crucial moments..i feel if we can get him playing well his goals/performances might well be the difference...

Care to explain why that statement isnt true for everyone in the squad?

arguing a point with you is like arguing a point with a little kid "but why" " but why"...

does simon dawkins have the same ability to break open a game like cristiano ronaldo? to score crucial goals? to set up crucial goals? to lift his team? no...

your a fucking twat sammy...

does simon dawkins have the same ability to break open a game like cristiano ronaldo? to score crucial goals? to set up crucial goals? to lift his team? no...

What you said was:
CL qualification will come down to a couple of points, gotton by a couple of goals in a couple of crucial moments..i feel if we can get him playing well his goals/performances might well be the difference

Thats what I said was relevent to any player in the squad.

Ronaldo? Dawkins?

No idea what you are on about.

What you said was:
CL qualification will come down to a couple of points, gotton by a couple of goals in a couple of crucial moments..i feel if we can get him playing well his goals/performances might well be the difference

Thats what I said was relevent to any player in the squad.

Ronaldo? Dawkins?

No idea what you are on about.

the point is some players are squad players aka chadli, capoue, fryers, naughton, etc etc etc and some players are our game winners, ade, eriksen etc etc....lamela playing well can be in the last bracket...
saying all players in the squad have the ability so therefore my point about lamela is redundant is simply an arguement for arguements sake...its about who is most likely to do these things that puts players in the world class or potential world class bracket...

Which then makes his initial point about Lamela being the difference quite valid

?

Its as valid as anyone else....its like saying if we get Harry Kane playing well and scoring some crucial goals he could be the difference between top 4 or not. Of course thats true, but the obvious implication here is that we are somehow going to regret not playing Lamela sooner or later.

Id like to know what thats based on, other than potential.

Bentley had potential, and cost alot too.

Its as valid as anyone else....its like saying if we get Harry Kane playing well and scoring some crucial goals he could be the difference between top 4 or not. Of course thats true, but the obvious implication here is that we are somehow going to regret not playing Lamela sooner or later.

How about because he's a quality player who can help us in the final 1/3 of the season and be the inspiration in many a games?

Are you suggesting we should write him off because one manager mis-treated him?

Bale was shyte for years btw

im not going to say im basing my opinion on anything other than my opinion. of course my arguement is entirely subjective and you dont have to agree with it. but your suggestion that any player in the entire squad can be a
match winner is arguing semantics, of course anyone can pop up with the odd important goal but who would you rather in those moments? for me id take lamela over most as he is and going forward if he realises his potential its possible i might take him over anyone else...

im a fan of lamela, theres no denying it...but i still subjectively see a decent amount of merit in what im saying

@ ArcspacE ArcspacE

Ive never suggested we write him off.....try to remember that, then you wont have to ask me the same question on a weekly basis.

I dont think he's shit either.

I simply think he is'nt ready, and I see no basis whatsoever that he can fire us anywhere. I feel that his season will be next year and hopefully the last half of ths one, he will just be used sparingly while gaining condfidence.

I fear that people thinking like yourself and Oz will only raise him up as some kind of saviour, based on very little, and if he fails to deliver (like he has so far) he will get slaughtered.

He's had a few injuries, and obviously there seems to be off the field issues.....but there is another reason he has'nt made the team.

He's been poor. People seem to forget that.

:D:D
@ ArcspacE ArcspacE

Ive never suggested we write him off.....try to remember that, then you wont have to ask me the same question on a weekly basis.

I dont think he's shit either.

I simply think he is'nt ready, and I see no basis whatsoever that he can fire us anywhere. I feel that his season will be next year and hopefully the last half of ths one, he will just be used sparingly while gaining condfidence.

I fear that people thinking like yourself and Oz will only raise him up as some kind of saviour, based on very little, and if he fails to deliver (like he has so far) he will get slaughtered.

He's had a few injuries, and obviously there seems to be off the field issues.....but there is another reason he has'nt made the team.

sammy when your not being an overcritical negative cunt you cant actually eloquently and intelligently explain your opinions..

He's started 3 games in the PL - is that really an objective sample to judge his performance on?

Did quite well in the EL too

Even if he's been 'poor' up to now - how is that proof he won't improve in the last part of the season?

I'm going to stick my two cents in here. I'm with @ OZHotspur OZHotspur . I don't think every player in the squad should be judged equally. Some players can make all the difference if they get it right. We used to have a few special match winners in our squad. Right now, Ade aside ( and I don't think that will last), we haven't got any. Lamela clearly has the potential to be that special player and needs nurturing if he has any chance of realizing that potential. Harry Kane does not.

He's started 3 games in the PL - is that really an objective sample to judge his performance on?

Did quite well in the EL too

Even if he's been 'poor' up to now - how is that proof he won't improve in the last part of the season?

I never said it was proof of anything. I said that in the few games he has played, he he's been poor (bar Sheriff)

If someone only plays three games, and they play poorly, then thats all I can judge them on.

We have a midfield full of excellent players, and most are playing very well.
Why shouldnt Lamela have to earn his place?

I never said it was proof of anything. I said that in the few games he has played, he he's been poor (bar Sheriff)

If someone only plays three games, and they play poorly, then thats all I can judge them on.

We have a midfield full of excellent players, and most are playing very well.
Why shouldnt Lamela have to earn his place?
How do you suggest he 'earns' it if he's not playing?

Back
Top Bottom