Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No doubt, but considering he's going through probably the most difficult adjustment a player can in England (league, style of play, pressure, language) and his lack of matches both last season and early on in this one, I think it's fair to give him a bit of a mulligan.
I agreed cos I like the word mulligan.

Sure. Though if he plays as he has, he'll be a useful player for Spurs. If he plays as he has and reduces his turnovers, he could turn out to be our second or third most important attacker next season.

He has only showed a few more glimpses of promise, we need a lot more and far more end product.

He has only showed a few more glimpses of promise, we need a lot more and far more end product.

We need that from everyone -- highlighting Lamela, our leader in assists, as the main issue/one that needs to show more or leave is just scapegoating. He's progressed in his second season. I'm excited to see what he can do in his third. It doesn't happen all at once.

Issues above Lamela:

1. The 5th worst defense in the league, behind only QPR, Newcastle, Villa and Leicester.
  2. Having 1 striker
  3. Getting a squad which can be rotated
  4. Getting Eriksen to be more consistent
  5. Right Back
  6. Lack of competition on the wings
If Lamela had scored 3 more goals no one would even be having this discussion. Fickle. Far more pressing issues than a guy with the 5th most assists in the league.

Issues above Lamela:

1. The 5th worst defense in the league, behind only QPR, Newcastle, Villa and Leicester.
  2. Having 1 striker
  5. Right Back
If Lamela had scored 3 more goals no one would even be having this discussion. Fickle. Far more pressing issues than a guy with the 5th most assists in the league.
Chill. You will give certain folk on here a priapism that will make us all shambolic.

Issues above Lamela:

2. Having 1 striker
  5. Right Back
Well put

Convinced he'll come good next season. After last season's write off I was willing to give him this one as an adjustment season and it looks as if he's turning a corner lately.

7 assists (Hazard got one more) playing at nowhere near your best in your first full season in the Prem, considering you haven't started all the time is nothing to turn your nose up at.

2015/16 = Year of Lamela

Back
Top Bottom