Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who has ever said Lamela is better than Coutinho by the way? Is their any proof or is that a false statement? - I've only ever seen Eriksen being compared to with Coutinho.

PqTGM9d.jpg

Who has ever said Lamela is better than Coutinho by the way? Is their any proof or is that a false statement? - I've only ever
seen Eriksen being compared to with Coutinho.

I wrote in this thread somewhere that I thought coutinho was better than lamela and it got like 10 + disagrees.

I wrote in this thread somewhere that I thought coutinho was better than lamela and it got like 10 + disagrees.

Probably based on how Coutinho got nominated for POTY while Lamela is deemed shit by THFC-supporters, despite the two posting almost identical stats - points/chances created/minutes played - until week 37 or something like that (I think Coutinho is the better player btw. Coutinho actually looks comfortable in the PL, Lamela does not (yet?).

I think Lamela is one of the most obvious recent day examples at THFC of undisputes talent murred with an almost inexplicable lack of actual output during games.

Oh, and his twitter antics revealing Soldados move despite no deal being agreed is a shambolic lack of professionalism.

I know this kid has been through stormy waters, but I would be for selling him if we could get just half the fee back.

Having watched him at Roma i had very high hopes for him but it doesn't seem like it will work out (i still have hopes though). No one can fault his tracking back, his attitude and determination BUT i struggle to see what he offers in an attacking sense. He doesn't seem able to dribble past people, he doesn't seem to have much pace, i just dont get what he offers.

I would actually stick with Dembele in an attacking wide role because he actually has the ability to go past people and has decent pace.
But once he's past them, he turns around, passes back to midfield and kills the attack. Lamela tries a throughball instead, and that creates a chance at a goal. Which is why he had the most assists on the team last year, and Dembele didn't.

It's not just about dribbling and pace. At some point, you need to kick the ball either into the net, or to someone else who will.

I think Lamela is one of the most obvious recent day examples at THFC of undisputes talent murred with an almost inexplicable lack of actual output during games.

Oh, and his twitter antics revealing Soldados move despite no deal being agreed is a shambolic lack of professionalism.

I know this kid has been through stormy waters, but I would be for selling him if we could get just half the fee back.

Bit dramatic? Wishing his mate well. No one died. It was all over the internet anyway, Soldado was telling people at the airport he was off to join villareal.

Back
Top Bottom