Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to have an operation...I tried everything to recover but unfortunately my hip is still not 100% so I can't compete at the level I want to.
I'll face this challenge with a positive attitude and can't wait to get back with my team and be stronger.
Thanks everyone for your support!

Not a good day for the tin foil hat brigade.........when he comes back full strength next season and regains his best form, I hope certain people dont get all pissy when I bump this thread.

"He'll never play for us again"
"He's not suited to the PL"
"He's mentally weak"
"He's in rehab"

Yeah you know who you are. I expect half a season of wiggling and wangling your way out of all the crap you spouted, but dont worry the BUMP never forgets

:adesalute:

Last edited:
I'm just annoyed that it took this long to figure out that he needed surgery. I have no idea whether this delay was unavoidable, but either way, it means his recovery is pushed back.

Maybe he didnt want surgery.
Have you ever considered that he may have put his physical wellbeing before the needs of some childish fans.

Not everyone runs to the scalpel as their first option. He said himself he wanted to try everything else first. Thats it, its his frikkin body, not our's.

Perhaps he has developed mental health problems (...) We just don't know.

Perhaps he has developed mental health problems that need treating but that, unfortunately, might compound his ability to play. Perhaps he has developed a situation that he never previous faced. Perhaps he's aching for a sex change. Perhaps he has a major Class A drug habit, or maybe he's devastated by the loss of a pet over six months ago. Perhaps he's accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal saviour and has gone to a silent retreat in Tuscany or maybe he was abducted by space aliens who removed his hip and have taken it back to their planet for further study. We just don't know.

Or maybe he was injured

Maybe he didnt want surgery.
Have you ever considered that he may have put his physical wellbeing before the needs of some childish fans.

Not everyone runs to the scalpel as their first option. He said himself he wanted to try everything else first. Thats it, its his frikkin body, not our's.

I'm apparently childish for wishing that they had been able to solve the problem sooner. I sincerely apologize for my immaturity.

It's perfectly understandable that Lamela and the team would want to do everything they could to avoid surgery; I have no problem with that. I'm just saying that it's a shame that it didn't become clear sooner that surgery was the best option. Then he could be back on the pitch sooner.

I'm apparently childish for wishing that they had been able to solve the problem sooner. I sincerely apologize for my immaturity.

It's perfectly understandable that Lamela and the team would want to do everything they could to avoid surgery; I have no problem with that. I'm just saying that it's a shame that it didn't become clear sooner that surgery was the best option. Then he could be back on the pitch sooner.

I wasnt calling you childish mate.....just generally speaking about the nonsense flying around

Such a shame that he's going to be out for so long. Honestly if I was him I would be quite disappointed that the club have postponed this operation for so long.

Such a shame that he's going to be out for so long. Honestly if I was him I would be quite disappointed that the club have postponed this operation for so long.

The way I saw it was that Lamela probably didn't want an operation and the club were trying to do right by him - sent him back to Roma to receover at his wishes etc. then gave him some compassionate leave for his brother etc and it's now last resort to get the operation.

The Lamela and Rose story last season where Lamela looked Rose in the eyes and said "We're going to win the league" is one of my absolute favorites.

He has his faults, but he is EXACTLY the type of player we need.

It's offensive that people question his heart and desire to help this club win.

How long til you deny that you thought he had mental issues/weaknesses and isnt suited to the PL
I do think he is suited abroad more & is weak mentally.
I don't see how a hip operation proves he is more suited to the premiership

How long before you dare admit schmood attacking any spurs doubters is predictable??
He won't bite you sammy, unless you want him to.

Nope.

Charlie Austin - Wikipedia

“On 16 January 2016, Austin returned to the Premier League, joining Southampton on a four-and-a-half-year deal for a reported fee of £4 million.[42] He made his debut for the club a week later against Manchester United, coming on as a second-half substitute for Sadio Mané, and scored a late winner, turning in a free-kick from James Ward-Prowse.”

....and Gündogan were. Or let's go with Boufal. There were huge disappointments here in the forum when it turned out that he signed for Southampton. Well, he didn't feature in their pre-season games, missed a good amount of their first PL games and still looks completely out of shape. Dodged a bullet there.

Bullet dodged or should a club find themselves in such a 'firing line' to begin with....?

Rhetorical (or not) as the original question was, arguing that signing injured players is sound strategy and thus a common scenario is a bit of a stretch.... Anyone club dumb enough to do this are either delusional or (in City's case) too rich to care... Either way, this represents a minority upon which we, in turn, shouldn't base OUR transfer strategy either.

Lamela is injured as we approach the final year of his contract.... It's just bad luck and we play the hand we've been dealt, which yes, does mean risk losing him for free (albeit vs a nominal fee should we hypothetically opt to shift him before he's proven in-game to be fully recovered.)...

Considering the player SOME of us know him to be and the pitiful amount of money we'd get for him with a hasty sale, keeping him for the upcoming season is too small of a gamble NOT to take.

Back
Top Bottom