Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela is the last thing we need. Poch already puts out the slowest outfield spine in top 6 history: Eriksen/Winks/Alli/Dembele/Dier/Llorente are so collectively slow. And Lamela is slower than most of them.

Like I said last season, Poch’s only issue is he can’t spot that pace = the reason he’s spinning our wheels.

He’s completely oblivious to it. Signing Llorente and wanting to re-sign Siggy is proof enough.

While you all blame players, you should be applauding them. It’s amazing how good they have done with stupid tactics. I predicted way more injuries because I knew Poch would push them after results faltered as he’s not the brightest manager. He thinks hard work can break the laws of physics?

It’s a gestalt nightmare. Poch is bunching the slowest players in the league, on the second largest pitch in the prem, in the fastest league in the world?

Add Lamela and it will get even worse.

Our players are brilliant. I feel terrible for them. I hope Poch does not put Lamela next to Eriksen and Winks etc. His confidence is trashed as it is. He like Eriksen needs pace and power around him to thrive.

Lamela is the last thing we need. Poch already puts out the slowest outfield spine in top 6 history: Eriksen/Winks/Alli/Dembele/Dier/Llorente are so collectively slow. And Lamela is slower than most of them.

Like I said last season, Poch’s only issue is he can’t spot that pace = the reason he’s spinning our wheels.

He’s completely oblivious to it. Signing Llorente and wanting to re-sign Siggy is proof enough.

While you all blame players, you should be applauding them. It’s amazing how good they have done with stupid tactics. I predicted way more injuries because I knew Poch would push them after results faltered as he’s not the brightest manager. He thinks hard work can break the laws of physics?

It’s a gestalt nightmare. Poch is bunching the slowest players in the league, on the second largest pitch in the prem, in the fastest league in the world?

Our players are brilliant. I feel terrible for them. I hope Poch does not put Lamela next to Eriksen and Winks etc. His confidence is trashed as it is. He like Eriksen needs pace and power around him to thrive.
Charles-Barkley-Falling-Asleep-Inside-the-NBA.gif

Kane is actually deceptively fast, we also have Aurier, Rose, Sissoko and Son who are all fast. I don't think pace is our problem since when we've had the chance to play on the counter (Vs Dortmund, Real Madrid) we have used it well. It's teams who sit back against us that we're struggling against - teams that can only really be undone by creative passing and movement. This is something that Lamela offers us in spades, either from the bench if Eriksen/Alli are having a bad game, or even as a starter if he comes back anything like the player he was when he got injured

How is this maggot still now squashed?

You are the last bone headed oxygen thieving goose left in the world, because there just cannot be any more of you around surely! Get off the Spurs wagon because you are not a true supporter at all!

Lamela is top player and one of the few we have who can press, did you not notice since he has been out our press has been a lot worse. He may not be Zaha quick but that is not his job and it’s the job of Levy and Poch to buy players with the needed speed to resolve that issue.

Not the brightest manager ... sigh

Pace is important true but our system offers a whole different mix of pace, passing, pressing and the players mentioned might not be very pacy in sprints (even if some of them are a lot faster than gibbs gives them credit for) but if you look at the games with an objective and open mindset you'll start noticing other things, things that you don't see if you're only goal in watching football is to be proven right in your own delusional views on football. Something you might notice is that the reaction speed of our midfield is actually impressive, that due to intelligent positioning we break down attacks rather easily and create counter attacking changes etc. Yes we struggle against some teams, but that's not due to pace. We played the most exciting football, we've changed systems regularly, we've been reaching heights we've almost never reached before but somehow our players are slow and our manager is not so bright

Imagine how easily we'd win the PL and the CL with fast players and gibbs as manager :pochfacepalm:

On lamela : yes he can press, yes he has technical ability (and a poor weaker foot) but he scares the hell out of me when he starts challenges in and around the box

I’ll quote ArcspacE ArcspacE in one of his finest odes:

Fuck off you gooner maggot cretin cunt iced with twat sauce

Love Lamela .... For reasons I can't quite fathom! Think he was just hitting some decent form when he was injured so am happy and hopeful to see him back... However...
Is he the Messiah we need to 'save' our season? Or he is he just a very naughty boy!?!?
:dembelelol::eriksenlol::crouch:

giphy.gif

Jesus, i thought gibbs was dead.

Interesting fact - i joined the forum after a long time lurking just so i could put him on ignore. Should have waited for confirmation of death before removing him from ignore...

*plonk*

Ah, that's better.

You don't have a clue about football, you should honestly find a new sport. Last time you were here you were saying winks is "too slow" to play centre midfield, now your saying you hope poch doesn't bunch lamela next to eriksen and winks, what are you even talking about "he thinks hard work can break the laws of physics" . What are the laws of physics that a team of 11 usain bolts will win the league. Your a fucking idiot, this same clueless manager who your apparently so much smarter than also 'bunched' these 'slow' players together against the european champions and beat them.

Cunt.

At the beginning of last season I picked Lamela to be our player of the year, i really thought last season was going to be a break out for him. Love the guy and once he gets used to being back in the team he'll shine.

Back
Top Bottom