2 former players you would bring back to today’s squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps because Eriksen in his prime was a magic player. What do i know?

We have just put up with 12/18 months of garbage from Eriksen whether it be due to lack of effort or decline in ability or a mixture of both. He cannot win a place in an Inter team with Lukaku, Young, Sanchez and Moses ie players surplus to requirements in the Premier League. Eriksen was a very good player in a very good team for Spurs. However when the chips are down he has been found wanting. He is not the sort of player that this Spurs squad needs to drive them forward. So in answer to your question “What do I know?” - “Bugger all“ is the answer

We have just put up with 12/18 months of garbage from Eriksen whether it be due to lack of effort or decline in ability or a mixture of both. He cannot win a place in an Inter team with Lukaku, Young, Sanchez and Moses ie players surplus to requirements in the Premier League. Eriksen was a very good player in a very good team for Spurs. However when the chips are down he has been found wanting. He is not the sort of player that this Spurs squad needs to drive them forward. So in answer to your question “What do I know?” - “Bugger all“ is the answer
Appreciate your reply :) I agree.

I know many people don't like how he left, but he was top 2 midfielder in the Premier League for 4 seasons in a row and was responsible for the setup of a vast majority of our goals in our most successful sustained period as a team ever.

He took all the set pieces and had Dembele making space for him allowing him time to create for peak Ali, Kane and Son. So of course the stats look good for him. Since Dembele left and the forwards have been less consistent and or/injured he has looked very ordinary. He is a good time player and not the sort you would want alongside you in the trenches. The Inter fans dislike him already

Last edited:
He took all the set pieces and had Dembele making space for him allowing him time to create for peak Ali, Kane and Son. So of course the stats look good for him. Since Dembele left and the forwards have been less consistent and or/injured he has looked very ordinary. He is a good time player and not the sort you would want alongside you in the trenches. The Inter fans dislike him already
In all fairness he did make our midfield tick at one point. He also used to be pretty good at freekicks. Corners is another story best forgot.

I know many people don't like how he left, but he was top 2 midfielder in the Premier League for 4 seasons in a row and was responsible for the setup of a vast majority of our goals in our most successful sustained period as a team ever.
No issues, but he's nowhere near the standard of Hoddle, Gazza, Modric, VdV, McKay or even Peters

Mr P was not a nostalgic shout. If I understand the question correctly, it was to fill a need in our current squad. Not that I'm a tactician, but I thought our biggest problem was a defensive midfielder. Stevie was great in that position and he was an exemplary captain. And as already pointed out, he could fill in as full back. Yes, I'm biased, but that doesn't make it any less valid. The reason I didn't pick Greaves is that Harry is the least of our problems.

We need a leader and Captain
Stevie fits the bill and could play a bit too

Back
Top Bottom