2 former players you would bring back to today’s squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My alternative choices Richard Goth and fit Ledley King, Graham Roberts and King.
Judas and King would have been great together but I'm not suggesting I want Judas back for obvious reasons.

We break all our players because we underinvest in our squad. This has been patently clear since winter 2018.

You make a weak case there...

Sandro had a bad injury that he never bounced back from. We also still had Dembele, Capoue & Parker during AVBs time.

Wanyama too and (we had Dier ready to rotate and step in) in his case. Sadly Dier was plagued by illness and injury in through '17 > '19 too even we also had Sissoko in the mix.

My alternative choices Richard Goth and fit Ledley King, Graham Roberts and King.

b8ed6776f37ad9e7f0ff6a0b1ef52699.jpg

This guy?

You make a weak case there...

Sandro had a bad injury that he never bounced back from. We also still had Dembele, Capoue & Parker during AVBs time.

Wanyama too and (we had Dier ready to rotate and step in) in his case. Sadly Dier was plagued by illness and injury in through '17 > '19 too even we also had Sissoko in the mix.

I'm counting dropped performance as a proxy for long term injury.

So kane, rose, vertonghen, alderwereld, dele, eriksen....

Prime and fit Dembele and King. But with the way the squad has played this season I am not quite sure even those two absolute legends wouldn't have been enough to save us.

This would've been amazing (all players in their prime) :
Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - King - Vertonghen
Dembele - Modric
Bale - Hoddle - Lo Celso
Kane

Chronic muscle fatigue is an injury. What are you babbling on about?

What are YOU babbling on about?

- Rose/Davies = Cover.... Knee ligament injury = never bounced back fully.
- Jan/Toby + CBs with Dier/Foyth/Sanchez = cover.... Not regularly injured. Both over 30.
- Kane = multiple impact injuries (until latest)
- Dele = occasional hamstring strain.
- Eriksen missed fuck all through injury.

....Somehow you tried this into DMs getting injured despite having cover too.

What are YOU babbling on about?

- Rose/Davies = Cover.... Knee ligament injury = never bounced back fully.
- Jan/Toby + CBs with Dier/Foyth/Sanchez = cover.... Not regularly injured. Both over 30.
- Kane = multiple impact injuries (until latest)
- Dele = occasional hamstring strain.
- Eriksen missed fuck all through injury.

....Somehow you tried this into DMs getting injured despite having cover too.
You still rocking the forum no footy. Hard core poster Airfixx

That says more about the England management than Stevie's ability.............in my humble, biased opinion , of course

I don’t know anything about England managers prior to 77 but you only have to look at the treatment of Hoddle to know that Greenwood and Robson didn’t have a clue. I saw highlights of England v Paraguay in the 86 World Cup the other day. Hoddle had a hand in all 3 goals and set up a couple of other chances with the vision and execution that only Glenn possessed and in the post match interview Robson didn’t mention Hoddle once. Totally taken for granted.

Back
Top Bottom