2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with the majority of your post, but you're wrong in thinking that football is still a 'working class' game over here. Working class fans are leaving the game in droves. There is no connection anymore.

Oh I completely agree it's no longer confined to any one class anywhere, simply that those old associations still remain.

:dawsonlol:

It was a Smith Corona, like this one... ahh memories

113034-004-A8C806E1.jpg

It used to have a delete button which had like a tippex style ribbon and would just try and blank what you'd typed (unless you had it in auto mode, which was just normal delete)

You've just alienated half this board... not to mention 80% of THE ENTIRE INTERNET!!
try HANDWRITING your work... with like, a fountain pen!!!

Good point, except why would the sponsor be on training apparel?

It's been done before. The English national team for instance have Vauxhall on their training gear, and Man U have a new deal for next year:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...-kit-sponsorship-to-secure-bigger-deal-102612

Also, AIA are paying us a ridiculous amount of money for a club of our size not even playing in the CL. Wouldn't be surprised at all if a portion of that was to get their brand slapped on the training gear.

It's been done before. The English national team for instance have Vauxhall on their training gear, and Man U have a new deal for next year:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...-kit-sponsorship-to-secure-bigger-deal-102612

Also, AIA are paying us a ridiculous amount of money for a club of our size not even playing in the CL. Wouldn't be surprised at all if a portion of that was to get their brand slapped on the training gear.

Not that you don't have a point, but you do realize you're comparing Spurs with England and Manchester United, right?

Completely unrelated, has anyone bought stock in AIA? It's been consistently on the rise for the past five years, and I'm sure will see a brief jump once the season begins.

Maybe still just training apparel? Very strange for this to be on UA shelves almost a month before the official press release.
A man can wish, can't he?

At any rate, most training apparel is stuff like zip-up jackets and stuff like that. They don't normally make a training apparel that actually looks like a match kit, do they?

At any rate, I can confirm that those outlets aren't fictional. North Charleston is a blighted wasteland, though.

Not that you don't have a point, but you do realize you're comparing Spurs with England and Manchester United, right?

Of course, which makes you have to consider why exactly AIA are paying us close to what the sponsors of Man U and Liverpool are paying them when we don't have near as much recognizability.

At any rate, most training apparel is stuff like zip-up jackets and stuff like that. They don't normally make a training apparel that actually looks like a match kit, do they?

At any rate, I can confirm that those outlets aren't fictional. North Charleston is a blighted wasteland, though.

Any time a city has a cardinal direction in the name it tends to be a pretty awful place.

Exact same cut in the shirt as this:

tottenham-training-shirt-navy-2013-14.jpg

just with more eye-catching bullshit and a sponsor in there. Again, I just find it extremely bizarre these would be on shelves already close to a month before the official release. New marketing method maybe? Go ahead and release one kit for marketing purposes? And why just the shirt? Are the shorts being sold as well?

Back
Top Bottom