2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course, which makes you have to consider why exactly AIA are paying us close to what the sponsors of Man U and Liverpool are paying them when we don't have near as much recognizability.

Not to sound completely racist, but I think it's cause their Asian. Their culture just has a different idea of the importance of status. Plus, I'm sure they've done a ton of market research involving the expanding fan base in both Asia as well as the United States.

Not to sound completely racist, but I think it's cause their Asian. Their culture just has a different idea of the importance of status. Plus, I'm sure they've done a ton of market research involving the expanding fan base in both Asia as well as the United States.

It's true, they do have a unique and unrelenting idea of it (girlfriend is a West Coast Asian medical student, :wall: sometimes). And you're absolutely right this deal was to target those demographics. But still, they are paying us an unprecedented amount of relative money for a club of our size. The only really comparable scenario out there is Wolfsburg with Volkswagen, and that's because they're owned by the automakers.

That was Burkinshaw's famous 1984 quote wasn't it...?
"There used to be Rugby and Cricket ...over there"
Good old St Mary's
430425_328584957184609_1016159682_n.jpg

Again, I just find it extremely bizarre these would be on shelves already close to a month before the official release. New marketing method maybe? Go ahead and release one kit for marketing purposes? And why just the shirt? Are the shorts being sold as well?
Well, the Tanger outlets are sort of a chain of upscale-discount outlets. "In season" a lot of the stores carry really nice stuff, but then quite a lot of the time they are also used by the big labels for close-out sales and second-rate stuff that they slap the label on just to move some volume.

Now, it's "in season" right now, and I fear that where there's smoke there's fire, but because they're being moved in the outlets I still reserve a small amount of hope that these are a late-stage prototype that's now being closed out in the US market where a smaller % of people are going to be aware of Spurs, etc.

Would love to see a price tag. If they're being closed out at 40 bucks or some shit then I think that's the proof one way or another.

edit: Oh goodie, I just took another look at the picture above and it appears that it's just been pulled off a rack labeled "Clearance, 20% Off".

Well, the Tanger outlets are sort of a chain of upscale-discount outlets. "In season" a lot of the stores carry really nice stuff, but then quite a lot of the time they are also used by the big labels for close-out sales and second-rate stuff that they slap the label on just to move some volume.

Now, it's "in season" right now, and I fear that where there's smoke there's fire, but because they're being moved in the outlets I still reserve a small amount of hope that these are a late-stage prototype that's now being closed out in the US market where a smaller % of people are going to be aware of Spurs, etc.

Would love to see a price tag. If they're being closed out at 40 bucks or some shit then I think that's the proof one way or another.

edit: Oh goodie, I just took another look at the picture above and it appears that it's just been pulled off a rack labeled "Clearance, 20% Off".

All great points, and I must admit you've given me yet more hope as well.

I love the Croatia kits. Too bad they're red.

Is it too much to ask for a checkered third kit? Would be something different.

I love Croatia's kits, as well as that France away (it practically is a Spurs kit). But I think a white and navy checkered shirt with white bottoms would be pretty slick for a year.

I love Croatia's kits, as well as that France away (it practically is a Spurs kit). But I think a white and navy checkered shirt with white bottoms would be pretty slick for a year.

I think checks are the type of thing that might look decent right now, but 25 years from now people will shake their heads and wonder what anyone ever saw in them.

Maybe still just training apparel? Very strange for this to be on UA shelves almost a month before the official press release.

To add a bit more hope that's it's just a training kit (which I, however, doubt) ... I see that the launch of the training kits are just around the corner. While indeed that there's almost a month to the launch of the match-day kits, the training gear launches July 3rd.

To add a bit more hope that's it's just a training kit (which I, however, doubt) ... I see that the launch of the training kits are just around the corner. While there's almost a month to the launch of the match-day kits, the training gear launches July 3rd.

I think VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur made an excellent point that they may be a ditched project by UA that they've simply decided to sell off anyway. It's possible it was a prototype shown to AIA, and they didn't like it (maybe felt it hid the "AIA" too much). All theories aside though, I really don't think that's one of our kits for next season. Would be so incredibly out of the norm for UA not only to leak a kit to this extent, but especially to put it in outlet stores a month before the official press release.

I think VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur made an excellent point that they may be a ditched project by UA that they've simply decided to sell off anyway. It's possible it was a prototype shown to AIA, and they didn't like it (maybe felt it hid the "AIA" too much). All theories aside though, I really don't think that's one of our kits for next season. Would be so incredibly out of the norm for UA not only to leak a kit to this extent, but especially to put it in outlet stores a month before the official press release.
At clearance, no less.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of kit makers and clubs are behind some leaks to a small extent, just to get some rough ideas out there and for the manufacturer to gauge public opinion on something they're not sure of.

Or, at the very least, when something leaks beyond their control and the public response is dismal, sometimes it might not be too late to go back to the drawing board; especially considering how late Spurs are releasing their kit.

At clearance, no less.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of kit makers and clubs are behind some leaks to a small extent, just to get some rough ideas out there and for the manufacturer to gauge public opinion on something they're not sure of.

Or, at the very least, when something leaks beyond their control and the public response is dismal, sometimes it might not be too late to go back to the drawing board; especially considering how late Spurs are releasing their kit.

Agreed. We saw the first leak in what, February? Early March? Could very well have been a market probe. No doubt they also have to present prototypes to the shirt sponsor a long time before the actual release, probably well over at least six months.

Back
Top Bottom