2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

seen this concept for the 3rd kit on footballshirtculture.com

how about this color combination for our 3rd kit? i dont fancy this particular model with the horizontal stripes, but i think the color combination on the shirt is pretty awesome.
orig-tottenham-hotspur-third-14-15-22653.html

0010213_tottenham-hotspur-1921-1936-away.jpeg

Looks like I can buy this 1921 - 1936 Spurs away kit already. Apparently, 93 years ago someone had the same idea as I'm having right now. Didn't actually realize this was a kit of ours.

Got a link? I may join you- I don't have a birthday coming up but that hasn't stopped me from making impromptu internet purchases before.

We'll never have a simple kit as there would be no reason to buy a new kit every season (for those people that bother). There's not a lot any designer can do with a plain white shirt, navy shorts and white socks without adding to it.

Why add?

Today's kits are more about fit and fabric than superfluous "elements" to "jazz it up". We did all that in the 80s and 90s. That last mock up looks really good and it's all down to it's tailored look.

We'll never have a simple kit as there would be no reason to buy a new kit every season (for those people that bother). There's not a lot any designer can do with a plain white shirt, navy shorts and white socks without adding to it.
article-2005937-0CA71B4200000578-759_306x435.jpg

Though I'm not sure if this proves or disproves your point.

Agreed! I suppose every few years we do get a 'back to basics' one that everyone likes, then the next few seasons will have the grey/yellow additions to be different before releasing another simple design, rinse and repeat.

According to the description:

"Embossed "Echo Of Glory" pattern across shoulders"

:eriksenlip:

I think the one thing in the description that could possibly mean this isn't going to be the actual kit...
"Even if it sees more games in the stands than on the pitch..."

Not a sentence that exactly spews confidence. Plus, why do they already have this on their website? They figure no one checks it?

I think the one thing in the description that could possibly mean this isn't going to be the actual kit...
"Even if it sees more games in the stands than on the pitch..."

Not a sentence that exactly spews confidence. Plus, why do they already have this on their website? They figure no one checks it?

Probably just a fuck up, like the shirt

Back
Top Bottom