2015 Asian Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rango the chameleon,

scddad.jpg

we sold Luongo because of Levy, thats why.
He was a youth kid that he could make money out of and at the time we had Sandro, Dembele and were going to sign Paulinho, Capoue, Eriksen in the centre of midfield.
Luongo wanted to play every week.

Not one of Luongo's better games, even though he got 2 assists (and apparently MOTM! Your defender Sainsbury was much more deserving). His name's being linked with some decent clubs at the moment (Sevilla!) and some not so decent (Brentford), and whatever else, this Asian Cup has got to have been good for his market value. I think Spurs have a pretty high sell-on for him, so we have to negotiate a decent price to make back what we paid you.

Not one of Luongo's better games, even though he got 2 assists (and apparently MOTM! Your defender Sainsbury was much more deserving). His name's being linked with some decent clubs at the moment (Sevilla!) and some not so decent (Brentford), and whatever else, this Asian Cup has got to have been good for his market value. I think Spurs have a pretty high sell-on for him, so we have to negotiate a decent price to make back what we paid you.
Luongo's done pretty well throughout the tournament and final is yet to come!

I don't think Brentford would be a bad move for him to be honest. They're a serious promotion threat this season with a young side so even 1 year in the Championship top-end could be good for him. He really needs to stay a starter at club level. Top-end championship or a promoted PL side is the way to go

I don't think Brentford would be a bad move for him to be honest. They're a serious promotion threat this season with a young side so even 1 year in the Championship top-end could be good for him. He really needs to stay a starter at club level. Top-end championship or a promoted PL side is the way to go

I suppose I'd like to see him move to what I'd consider a historically bigger club, with a proper sized stadium and crowd, rather than one about the same size as us who happen to have a lot of money to throw around. I have a feeling they'll fall away next season after the promotion bounce wears off. I agree though, a top-end Championship team where he'll get game time would be the best move for him, rather than sitting on the bench in the Premier League.

have been thinking about this for a while,
I feel that everyone would benefit more if the Asian confederation split into two and the Middle East including India and the nations around them formed their own confederation and then the eastern asian nations merge with oceania to create an Asian Pacific confederation.
So in our confederation you would still have Japan, China, South Korea etc.. and then include New Zealand and the rest of the pacific island nations.
It would allow the middle east to go do their own thing and then we could move forward IMO with East Asia and then oceania would make up the numbers.
Instead of playing world cup qualifiers at 2am against Bahrain we would be playing away games at a reasonable hour like 9pm.
The AFC have already split Champions League in 2, might as well go ahead and split the confederation in 2 so its easier for everyone

have been thinking about this for a while,
I feel that everyone would benefit more if the Asian confederation split into two and the Middle East including India and the nations around them formed their own confederation and then the eastern asian nations merge with oceania to create an Asian Pacific confederation.
So in our confederation you would still have Japan, China, South Korea etc.. and then include New Zealand and the rest of the pacific island nations.
It would allow the middle east to go do their own thing and then we could move forward IMO with East Asia and then oceania would make up the numbers.
Instead of playing world cup qualifiers at 2am against Bahrain we would be playing away games at a reasonable hour like 9pm.
The AFC have already split Champions League in 2, might as well go ahead and split the confederation in 2 so its easier for everyone
Are the Middle East part of Asia?

Back
Top Bottom