?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Instead of going on about Europa league ,why don’t we concentrate on the fa cup or league cup and take it one step at a time . Let’s face it we have probably a better chance of winning one of those than travelling all round Europe for months on end . We are not as big club as we like to make out .
We didn't fail in the domestic cups for lack of concentrating on them this season, it was down to poor performance. Shipping 5 goals vs a very average Everton side, basically crumbling in front of Man City.

Or do you mean supporters should adjust their expectations?

Yes I think we should adjust our expectations. Because the way this team plays at the moment reminds me of some of those terrible teams back in the 90s . At this time I think Europe would be more if distraction, get a new manger in win a cup final then progress in the league and then challenge Europe .

I would love to win the Europa League. I thought this year we had a decent shot. Are we even going to get it this year. Definetly don’t want the Conference League but what positions in the league get what?

Unless you are an Ardent Mourinho fan and there are not many left on this forum, then you must believe a good Manager would have got better results out of the current squad. Whilst the season is not over, we are not far away from qualifying for CL and another Manager may have achieved that. We clearly need a couple of new additions including a new CB and that coupled with Skipp returning should make a difference.
You only have to look at how Chelsea improved after getting rid of Lampard and how both Spammers and Leicester improved on last year to see that it does not take wholesale changes as some are suggesting. It looks like Leicester and Spammers will be distracted by Europe and whilst I want us to be involved we are more experienced at dealing with it. We need to keep Kane and Son or next season is a write off though.

I would love to win the Europa League. I thought this year we had a decent shot. Are we even going to get it this year. Definetly don’t want the Conference League but what positions in the league get what?
6th ropey league, 7th is conference I believe but could be wrong

We will win the Conference league. First English winners, European trailblazers etc etc. Harry Kane will be satisfied and that will shut up all the pundits as we claim the silverware.

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur. Bring it on.

5th/6th get it. Doesn't matter that the domestic or European cup winners might be the same and already in the top 4.

Woolwich have just won at Stamford Bridge to close within a point of us. They’ll be getting all giddy about St Totteringham’s Day. We’ll finish 9th.

Chelsea just lost.

tenor.gif

17 games to win the conference league as Eng clubs enter the play offs in Aug (to qualify for the league) before the 32 go into the knock outs ahead of the final in - Albania

sorry but no. The travelling to these distant, remote places will be ridiculous - NO

Unless you are an Ardent Mourinho fan and there are not many left on this forum, then you must believe a good Manager would have got better results out of the current squad. Whilst the season is not over, we are not far away from qualifying for CL and another Manager may have achieved that. We clearly need a couple of new additions including a new CB and that coupled with Skipp returning should make a difference.
You only have to look at how Chelsea improved after getting rid of Lampard and how both Spammers and Leicester improved on last year to see that it does not take wholesale changes as some are suggesting. It looks like Leicester and Spammers will be distracted by Europe and whilst I want us to be involved we are more experienced at dealing with it. We need to keep Kane and Son or next season is a write off though.

Good post.

One point of disagreement is looking at Leicester and West Ham in terms of both being distracted.

Despite our overall lack of competence this season.I hope we aren't looking at those two clubs as a barometer.

We need to get back on track in a way that sets higher goals than Leicester and West Ham

Are people suggesting they'd rather finish below Woolwich, so that we don't play in Europe ?

Which is sadly what it might come to, subject to Everton of course.
Look at the table and bet a substantial sum that we finish above the goons. Go on dare ya.

I'll be honest with you I have no idea where I'd rather finish now

5th/6th (Europa) - Money from the competition + still being in a half decent competition and having European football

7th (Conference) - Could play young players and a very very good chance of winning a trophy

8th and below (No Europe) - No europe = more rest = focus more on the league

Look at the table and bet a substantial sum that we finish above the goons. Go on dare ya.
Personally I want us as high up the table as possible. To finish above Woolwich of course and if that puts us in the Europa League or The Conference then so be it. It's our level for the season.

But yep we've seen chokes from stronger positions than this. Don't think I could bare the btec bantz from my Woolwich mates on this happening

Personally I want us as high up the table as possible. To finish above Woolwich of course and if that puts us in the Europa League or The Conference then so be it. It's our level for the season.

But yep we've seen chokes from stronger positions than this. Don't think I could bare the btec bantz from my Woolwich mates on this happening

Choose better friends.

:dierpochhug:

I'll be honest with you I have no idea where I'd rather finish now

5th/6th (Europa) - Money from the competition + still being in a half decent competition and having European football

7th (Conference) - Could play young players and a very very good chance of winning a trophy

8th and below (No Europe) - No europe = more rest = focus more on the league
Much as I hate all options, we’re going to be rebuilding and more matches means more building of the full squad.

Prefer to finish 8th and avoid Europa.

If only for the reason that we'll only fail in four competitions next year instead of five.

Improvement

Clever GIF by memecandy

Back
Top Bottom