?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unless you are an Ardent Mourinho fan and there are not many left on this forum, then you must believe a good Manager would have got better results out of the current squad. Whilst the season is not over, we are not far away from qualifying for CL and another Manager may have achieved that. We clearly need a couple of new additions including a new CB and that coupled with Skipp returning should make a difference.
You only have to look at how Chelsea improved after getting rid of Lampard and how both Spammers and Leicester improved on last year to see that it does not take wholesale changes as some are suggesting. It looks like Leicester and Spammers will be distracted by Europe and whilst I want us to be involved we are more experienced at dealing with it. We need to keep Kane and Son or next season is a write off though.
It's not about being an ardent Mourinho fan, but you have to be able to actually see the problems. aka the big picture.

1. Fullbacks who struggle defensively - along with the rest of squad, at sea, with three at the back.

2. One player with a semblance of defensive midfield industry - PEH

3. Three players that need baby sitters, or 2 with a lack of work ethic, and one back from injury - hence sissoko [three in question ndombele, le celso, ali]

4. Wide players with poor decision making skills, who are not a fan of tracking back - including son
5. Where is the joined up thinking of three in question ndombele, le celso, ali being on the pitch at the same time - sell two and fill in the gaps in the squad

6. Not enough selfless players in the squad

7. Centrebacks with no pace or poor decision making skills, and a ricket every other game.

8. A chairman who thinks he knows better than the manager - edward woodward 101 ....bring in cavani as martial is not upto scratch, bring in fernandes as pogba is half hearted [ndombele anyone] and a defender to shore things up, no fernandes, no man u.

9. How many points have been dropped due to mistakes - we would easily be in 2nd or third place, even with the dinosaurs tactics - zagreb 3-nil anyone.

10. We lack players with football intelligence, compare for a minute mahrez and sterling, mahrez the more intelligent football wise, but sterling for his faults, fluff some serious chances listens and works hard on his game.

11. Chelsea have a really good squad, only short of a few squad players, got alot of goalscorers across the pitch and kante in the middle is such a bonus.

12. Frank just like klopp and pep, did not appreciate defence until recently. Klopp the van dijk purchase, Pep, ake, laporte and diaz.

It's not about being an ardent Mourinho fan, but you have to be able to actually see the problems. aka the big picture.

1. Fullbacks who struggle defensively - along with the rest of squad, at sea, with three at the back.

2. One player with a semblance of defensive midfield industry - PEH

3. Three players that need baby sitters, or 2 with a lack of work ethic, and one back from injury - hence sissoko [three in question ndombele, le celso, ali]

4. Wide players with poor decision making skills, who are not a fan of tracking back - including son
5. Where is the joined up thinking of three in question ndombele, le celso, ali being on the pitch at the same time - sell two and fill in the gaps in the squad

6. Not enough selfless players in the squad

7. Centrebacks with no pace or poor decision making skills, and a ricket every other game.

8. A chairman who thinks he knows better than the manager - edward woodward 101 ....bring in cavani as martial is not upto scratch, bring in fernandes as pogba is half hearted [ndombele anyone] and a defender to shore things up, no fernandes, no man u.

9. How many points have been dropped due to mistakes - we would easily be in 2nd or third place, even with the dinosaurs tactics - zagreb 3-nil anyone.

10. We lack players with football intelligence, compare for a minute mahrez and sterling, mahrez the more intelligent football wise, but sterling for his faults, fluff some serious chances listens and works hard on his game.

11. Chelsea have a really good squad, only short of a few squad players, got alot of goalscorers across the pitch and kante in the middle is such a bonus.

12. Frank just like klopp and pep, did not appreciate defence until recently. Klopp the van dijk purchase, Pep, ake, laporte and diaz.
Point 9 is what i am saying. We could easily be in CL place and with a couple of additions and Skipp returning to solve your point 2 we could well qualify for CL or win a trophy next season. No we will not challenge for league title but we have not won that since 1961.
This has been a very disappointing season but the gloom for the future is overdone.

If they hadn't killed the most excellent ESL we wouldn't be discussing this Europa stuff.

They should be giving us trophies just for having a pretty nice stadium and a well-designed away strip.

Don't they know we are The Mighty Spurs Stadium?

COYSS

17 games to win the conference league as Eng clubs enter the play offs in Aug (to qualify for the league) before the 32 go into the knock outs ahead of the final in - Albania

sorry but no. The travelling to these distant, remote places will be ridiculous - NO
Brilliant for the fans that go to matches.
We should always be in Europe and if it is in the new competition bring it on.
New places to go to and the away games will be attended by real fans and not Champions league band wagon wankers.

I am 40 years old and Spurs have won 6 trophies in that whole time, three of those being before I was old enough to know what football was. If Spurs won the UEFA Conference whatsit I'd celebrate like a loon even if I was the only fan on the High Road to watch the bus parade.

Given the depth of feeling here I look forward to easy access to tickets for the final when we get there.

I am 40 years old and Spurs have won 6 trophies in that whole time, three of those being before I was old enough to know what football was. If Spurs won the UEFA Conference whatsit I'd celebrate like a loon even if I was the only fan on the High Road to watch the bus parade.

Given the depth of feeling here I look forward to easy access to tickets for the final when we get there.
You can certainly have my ticket. Enjoy.

i always felt the the Europa league would be used in the early stages to keep the second 11 match fit leaving the first 11 for the EPL, but last year showed many of the second 11 were not even up to early games in the europa league
is that true though? didnt we win well.. and Jose kept that same squad saying it was fair to take them forward for the work done so far?

i always felt the the Europa league would be used in the early stages to keep the second 11 match fit leaving the first 11 for the EPL, but last year showed many of the second 11 were not even up to early games in the europa league

They were up for it Jose was way too quick to bring on the top players when they were absolutely not needed.

We need to get back on track in a way that sets higher goals than Leicester
what are their goals? i know they've won epl, played in Europe a couple of seasons, have qualified, more or less, again, and are in a cup final.... I'd be very happy with that.... maybe we're more upset because we failed to meet our lofty ambitions? We took a big sip of the cool aid when they invented the top six....

I'm so torn. I wanna finish as high as possible but also don't want to play Plovdiv and their kind.
Maybe aim for 5th and then field a bunch of tea ladies in the early stages.

Back
Top Bottom